Hot!Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 11
Author
Singeli
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 27
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:13:11 (permalink)
I miss the broccoli cheese bites that Long John Silver's used to have.
Singeli
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:18:55 (permalink)
AMEN! to missing the old Cokes.
AndreaB
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:25:47 (permalink)
I also miss the seafood salad from LJS and the fried oysters from both LJS and Captain D's.  I also wish the "Pirate" theme from LJS would return, along with the decks and peg legs.  It's like these places have abandoned what made them famous. 

Singeli
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:27:51 (permalink)
Speaking of salad bars, our Pizza Hut has discontinued theirs.  Now there's just a bit of sad pre-packaged lettuce with only a couple of cherry tomatoes and a slice of purple onion.  Nothing else.  Small package of dressing.
Do any of them still have a salad bar?
Singeli
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:32:23 (permalink)
Re: Taco Bell.
How about the taco shells which used to taste homemade, not the mass produced, filled with preservatives variety now served?
Singeli
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:42:30 (permalink)
I tried the Bacon Blue Burger.  The bacon was almost rare and the blue cheese sauce had only breathed on the burger.  Not a crumb af blue cheese in sight.
Anyone notice a pattern here?  These places are raising prices but cutting back on quality.
Singeli
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:51:38 (permalink)
Anyone remember the pastrami and swiss cheese at Jack in the Box back in the 80's?
It was great and I was excited when they announced they were having pastrami /cheese again.  BUT they tried to pass off a very skinny version where the dill pickle slice was thicker than the combined meat and cheese.  I think they tried to fool us by adding that pickle.  It didn't last long.
mjambro
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 429
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 15:49:34 (permalink)
Hamburgers at Wendy's.   Now that hamburgers are no longer on their menu, one must special order a premium priced cheeseburger and hope they leave the cheese off.  Perhaps a minor problem for some, but it keeps me away.
gostillerz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 220
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 19:49:33 (permalink)
No more salad bar? That means no creamy Italian dressing, what the hell?? A guy I used to work with would buy a gallon of it from them and split it with me. The copycat recipe is terrible. I'm 84% sure I will die in a month or so.
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5065
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/01/16 14:03:53 (permalink)
Rebooting 'da thread.
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6352
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/01/16 23:31:21 (permalink)
The Buffalo Chicken Strips at LJS
ANY THING BURGER CHEF!!

lisachocoholic
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/06 09:39:46 (permalink)
I miss the fries that Carl's Jr. used to sell.

They were made, I think, with potato flakes like Potato Buds.  The exterior had a nice crunch.  Then they switched over to "real" french fries.
lisachocoholic
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/06 09:42:40 (permalink)
littleflower
MCDONALD's:  Old french fries - they were soo good

Not so much the fries as the fat. McDonald's used to have an oil mixture that included lard.  Now it's all vegetable oil.  Lard makes everything taste better!
Ketteract
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 164
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/15 09:39:28 (permalink)
littleflower
HARDEES:  Their Big Roast Beef Sandwiches, their old recipe for french fries (they were kinda soft in a good way, salty, and yummy!), Frozen Yogurt Chocolate/Vanilla twist cones (so great on a hot summer day and very low in fat - tasted really like ice cream not frozen yogurt), cinnamon sugar dusted fried apple pies shaped in a long rectangle and came in a fun little box, Big Chicken Sandwich that was fried and tasted way better back then.

PIZZA HUT:  Really good tasting pan pizza (for some reason now the crust tastes not as good and doesn't have that slightly crisp texture at the bottom of the crust

RESTAURANTS IN DEPARTMENT STORES:  Why did they get rid of these?  I remember Montgomery Wards, K-Mart, Thalhimers, etc. had their own restaurants (more like cafeterias which served up burgers, fries, sandwiches, etc., but all made-to-order).  I used to love going shopping with my mom as a kid and getting a french fry and a Mr. Pibb as a snack while out and about, and the fries back then regardless of where you went (fast food or department store) tasted better for one reason - Trans Fats.  Now that everyone has gone to Trans-Fat free oils french fries just really aren't the same. 

Hardee's Chicken Cordon Bleu and Frisco Burger were awesome.  I last had them in 1999 or so.

Pizza Hut had a deep-dish "Priazzo" during the '80s that everyone has said was the best thing they ever offered.  I never got the chance to try it myself.  Apparently it ended up just being too expensive for them to produce on a massive scale?  Damn shame if so.

I LOVED the little cafeteria in K-Mart.  Pretty much the same level and style as, say, the Target cafeteria but with more options and (somewhat) better food. One of the tastiest burgers I ever had was in the late '80s from a K-Mart - greasiest thing I'd ever seen, just dripping with it.  I guess K-Mart hasn't had cafeterias for quite some time though.
Root-Beer Man
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 369
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/15 11:01:00 (permalink)
Used to really love the Pizza Hut Thick and Chewy Supreme. That's one I wish they'd bring back. When I lived out in the Bay area and had access to Carl's Jr I really liked their fried zucchini. Man, that stuff was crack for me.
cathyftr
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 87
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/15 21:49:34 (permalink)
Back in the mid 90s I can remember our local ( Winchester, VA ) Taco Bell had BLT Soft Tacos.  They were pretty good.

In 1998 visiting Cleveland to attend an Elvis Presley exhibit at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame I seem to remember at least one downtown Cleveland area McDonalds offering Blueberry Pie. They were pretty good too. Come to think of it I believe the McDonalds at Toronto's Eaton Centre had them as well about ten years ago when  I was visiting that city..alas we went someplace else to eat.

My husband SWEARS he had a McPhilly Steak & Cheese at a Northeastern Pennsylvania ( Gibson ?? ) McDonalds. He liked it. This was in 2004. The next year at the very same McDonalds not only was the McPhilly Steak & Cheese missing from the menu but the staff didn't even remember it.
ChrisOC
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 971
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/15 22:44:24 (permalink)
Gino Giant
Hot Shoppe Mighty Mo

Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 521
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/03 22:11:29 (permalink)
On another message board I just heard a restaurant name I hadn't heard in 20 years: Cock Robin.

It was a small chain on the west side of Chicago. We used to go to the one in Wheaton. The burgers there were awesome.

I looked it up and they're all gone now, although I have no idea when they closed.
crazedfisherguy
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/14 15:02:07 (permalink)
When KFC was still serving the boneless Sweet and Spicy wings with tater wedges... OMG, I nearly cried when I went back and they said "We are no longer serving those." I asked for the recipe since they werent going to be using it, lol. AHHH, memories.
post edited by crazedfisherguy - 2013/08/14 17:14:41
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18268
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/14 15:20:59 (permalink)
Welcome to Roadfood crazedfisherguy.
crazedfisherguy
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/14 17:15:13 (permalink)
^Thank You sir!
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6648
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/14 17:46:41 (permalink)
Yes!  Welcome crazedfisherguy!
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 521
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/16 17:06:19 (permalink)
Ketteract

littleflower
HARDEES:  Their Big Roast Beef Sandwiches, their old recipe for french fries (they were kinda soft in a good way, salty, and yummy!), Frozen Yogurt Chocolate/Vanilla twist cones (so great on a hot summer day and very low in fat - tasted really like ice cream not frozen yogurt), cinnamon sugar dusted fried apple pies shaped in a long rectangle and came in a fun little box, Big Chicken Sandwich that was fried and tasted way better back then.

PIZZA HUT:  Really good tasting pan pizza (for some reason now the crust tastes not as good and doesn't have that slightly crisp texture at the bottom of the crust

RESTAURANTS IN DEPARTMENT STORES:  Why did they get rid of these?  I remember Montgomery Wards, K-Mart, Thalhimers, etc. had their own restaurants (more like cafeterias which served up burgers, fries, sandwiches, etc., but all made-to-order).  I used to love going shopping with my mom as a kid and getting a french fry and a Mr. Pibb as a snack while out and about, and the fries back then regardless of where you went (fast food or department store) tasted better for one reason - Trans Fats.  Now that everyone has gone to Trans-Fat free oils french fries just really aren't the same. 

Hardee's Chicken Cordon Bleu and Frisco Burger were awesome.  I last had them in 1999 or so.

Pizza Hut had a deep-dish "Priazzo" during the '80s that everyone has said was the best thing they ever offered.  I never got the chance to try it myself.  Apparently it ended up just being too expensive for them to produce on a massive scale?  Damn shame if so.

I LOVED the little cafeteria in K-Mart.  Pretty much the same level and style as, say, the Target cafeteria but with more options and (somewhat) better food. One of the tastiest burgers I ever had was in the late '80s from a K-Mart - greasiest thing I'd ever seen, just dripping with it.  I guess K-Mart hasn't had cafeterias for quite some time though.

Holy cow, I must've missed this post before, but I remember Priazzo! Those were really good.

I even remember the commercial they ran. "Priazzo: It's not a pizza". That's actually pretty funny because what they serve now doesn't constitute pizza.

I also remember the K-Mart cafeterias. We had a Venture store a few blocks away and they had a similar cafeteria that was really good. The Big V burger was one of my favorites.

post edited by Bonk - 2013/08/16 17:08:12
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4000
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/17 16:44:47 (permalink)
Baskin-Robbins flavors:  Chocolate Cheesecake, Mandarin Chocolate, and Creme de Caramel
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7769
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/17 19:56:39 (permalink)
I second Mandarin Chocolate and add Espresso Coffee to the list.

I think it was Pizza Hut where I'd eat in 1980 on Maryland Parkway in Las Vegas.  I went there for the salad.  It was because of the dressing they served which was a Romano Cheese dressing.
GML
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/18 14:05:21 (permalink)
I just spent some time reading through this thread after stumbling upon it while looking for vintage signs.  The mention of the Yumbo has me wondering if I remember that or not.  I definitely miss the Wendy's Salad Bar.
This probably belongs in another thread, but what I really miss are the old slogans/logos/signs of restaurants:
Wendy's is transitioning away from their "Classic Old Fashioned Hamburgers, Quality is our Recipe" signs to a bland font that simply says, "Wendy's".
Arby's used to have those distinctive huge cowboy hats with blinking lights at night, along with the slogan, "Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich is Delicious".
Kentucky Fried Chicken calls itself KFC, and has removed most of the buckets from it's signage, and no longer uses, the wonderful slogan, "Finger lickin' Good!"
Even McDonald's is downplaying it's Golden Arches on the new stores.  Very bizarre.
It's sad to me, and a big mistake to make such drastic changes to icons like that.  I know younger people are in charge now, and change is inevitable, especially when $ isn't coming in fast enough; but menu tweaks and new advertising strategies seem a better way to go than erasing the face of the brand. 

sandrew834
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 53
Flagged as Spam (1)
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/19 08:09:55 (permalink)
The McGangBang, a McChicken sandwich wedged between a double cheeseburger, is the Holy Grail for carnivorous fast food eaters. It is the best recipe and mine was delicious.
Ketteract
Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/26 20:44:26 (permalink)
Bonk

Ketteract

littleflower

Holy cow, I must've missed this post before, but I remember Priazzo! Those were really good.

I even remember the commercial they ran. "Priazzo: It's not a pizza". That's actually pretty funny because what they serve now doesn't constitute pizza.

I also remember the K-Mart cafeterias. We had a Venture store a few blocks away and they had a similar cafeteria that was really good. The Big V burger was one of my favorites.

Whoa.  Venture.  The name alone takes me back. I remember the distinctive striped sign.  Our store even had diagonal grooves throughout the exterior concrete - I used to run my fingers along those all the time as a kid!

I can't clearly remember if I ever ate in the Venture cafeteria, but I'd bet I did at some point. 
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4587
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/26 21:09:44 (permalink)
the one in Roeland Park?
Ketteract
Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/27 04:42:46 (permalink)
1bbqboy

the one in Roeland Park?

Naw, I'm from Iowa. :) Brady Street in Davenport.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 11
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1