Hot!Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2010/12/29 17:19:11
Fried Clams at Church's?  When did they have fried clams?  I would have jumped all over that.
post edited by MellowRoast - 2010/12/30 13:34:01
littleflower
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/03/04 13:17:39
Oh there are so many...where do I start? 
I first remember eating fast food in 1983...so that is my first point of reference.
BURGER KING:  Spooners (soft serve ice cream in a dish with oreo cookie crumbs), Original Chicken Sandwiches when they were delicious then, 2 for $2.22 (two burgers and two small fries for $2.22), their chicken tenders when they weren't shaped liked kings, but were delcious little chicken tender shapes, their old french fries (I actually like those better than McDonald's) - they were so good!!!, Sunkist soft drink out of the fountain.

WENDY'S:  Hot Dogs in the delicious toasted bread bun, their old recipe fries which they recently changed to the awful natural cut fries with sea salt

MCDONALD's:  Old french fries - they were soo good, Chocolatey Chip Cookies and McDonaldland Cookies in the little boxes, dessert that came with the Happy Meals, better tasting chicken McNuggets, fried apple pies shaped like a long rectangle.

KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN:  French Fries (remember when they were actual fries not the potato wedges - the fries were out of this world), Extra Tasty Crispy chicken (the chicken breast used to be cut differently too - almost in half along the bone), All You Can Eat Buffets at many locations.

HARDEES:  Their Big Roast Beef Sandwiches, their old recipe for french fries (they were kinda soft in a good way, salty, and yummy!), Frozen Yogurt Chocolate/Vanilla twist cones (so great on a hot summer day and very low in fat - tasted really like ice cream not frozen yogurt), cinnamon sugar dusted fried apple pies shaped in a long rectangle and came in a fun little box, Big Chicken Sandwich that was fried and tasted way better back then.

PIZZA HUT:  Really good tasting pan pizza (for some reason now the crust tastes not as good and doesn't have that slightly crisp texture at the bottom of the crust

RESTAURANTS IN DEPARTMENT STORES:  Why did they get rid of these?  I remember Montgomery Wards, K-Mart, Thalhimers, etc. had their own restaurants (more like cafeterias which served up burgers, fries, sandwiches, etc., but all made-to-order).  I used to love going shopping with my mom as a kid and getting a french fry and a Mr. Pibb as a snack while out and about, and the fries back then regardless of where you went (fast food or department store) tasted better for one reason - Trans Fats.  Now that everyone has gone to Trans-Fat free oils french fries just really aren't the same. 

One last comment - it would be very smart of the fast food chains to bring back on a rotating basis their former items.  It would bring people out for a taste of nostalgia in droves!!!

Holly Moore
Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/03/04 13:50:18
McDonald's - Burgers fresh off the grill as opposed to stale out of the holding drawer.
stricken_detective
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/03/06 00:50:24
BK's clone of Big Mac (I forgot name).

The Big King.
geez70
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/03/08 13:27:43
the original jumbo burger from culvers that was as big as a plate
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/04/17 05:26:09
I live in China, so I miss a lot of fast food. Within the past year, we have gotten several Burger King outlets and they are wonderful.

KFC is everywhere here, the annoying thing is that most of my favorite items from KFC doesn't exist here. One is buttermilk biscuits. No cole slaw, which to me does not make much sense, since Chinese like cabbage. No extra crispy chicken, beans, or macaroni and cheese.

McD's is not good here either. They sell the fried pies, but they are all funky ass flavors like green pea, mango, banana, etc. No apple either.

shivasgirl
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/05/29 16:39:18
wow, I miss a lot from jack In The Box.....cheese nachos, pizza pockets, the ORIGINAL chicken supreme, a chicken cordon bleu they had for a while, the original Supreme Crescent,
I miss Hardee's, we just got Carl's Jr here in Dallas, so I have been there once...yummm, I got a Capn' Crunch Milkshake from a CJR on a roadtrip, on our way back it was already gone, I loved it! Last got Hardee's fried chicken in Mississippi in 2000, miss that
Bob's Big Boy's Hot fudge sundae, with the little metal cup or HOT fudge to pour on the ice cream
Bueno Burgers at Taco Bueno
cold subs from Dominos
oh yeah, Jack in the box actually had a really addictive sauce on their cheeseburgers.

MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/05/29 18:49:41
senor boogie woogie

I live in China, so I miss a lot of fast food. Within the past year, we have gotten several Burger King outlets and they are wonderful.

KFC is everywhere here, the annoying thing is that most of my favorite items from KFC doesn't exist here. One is buttermilk biscuits. No cole slaw, which to me does not make much sense, since Chinese like cabbage. No extra crispy chicken, beans, or macaroni and cheese.

McD's is not good here either. They sell the fried pies, but they are all funky ass flavors like green pea, mango, banana, etc. No apple either.

You had me at mango!
ces1948
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/05/29 19:50:00
Miami Don. As a fellow south floridian  (you're about a hundred miles south of me) I'm surprised mango flavored anything would surprise you. I'm expecting mango and guava flavored potato chips any day now in the stores :)
ynotryme
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/05/29 21:20:06
at kfc: 4 bean salad
            keels (white meat on both sides of the backbone)
howard johnson's : fried clam dinner

AndreaB
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/06/25 23:50:09
I miss many of the old things.  And seriously, if you are allergic to something check ahead of time with the restaurant.  If you're on a special diet or are a vegetatian or vegan, check ahead of time with the restaurant.  But, don't ruin it for those of us who miss our favorite fast foods.  We have to eat too, you know and you don't have to ruin it for those of us who don't require your dietary specifications, for whatever reason. 
NascarDad
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/07/17 21:08:44
saps

Fried cherry pies from McDonalds

The fried cherry pies were so good, and also the fried apple ones.

a gas station round here had deep fried apple pies, but they changed the recipe last year now and the crust is too sugary and not crisp or flaky enough so I stopped getting them. The caramel  thingy from Taco Bell is a poor substitute as well.

I heard about a place in NYC that sells double fried cherry pies, but no way I will be in NYC anytime soon.

michaelcarraher
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/07/18 17:17:30
The low-carb wrap at Subway.
The van-choc-straw ice cream (not soft-serve) cone at McDonald's.
The Double-R Bar Burger at Roy Rogers.
The McRib at McDonald's.
The McLean at McDonald's.
The Brazier Burger at Dairy Queen.
The Big Boy w/ Elias Brothers sauce
The Brawny Lad at Big Boy
Kewpee Burger
Saunder's Cream Puff Hot Fudge Sundae

bartl
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/07/18 19:18:06
I was one of the 2 or 3 people who actually ordered the celery sticks at McDonald's. I happen to LIKE celery...

Bart
BackAlleyBurger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/07/19 14:44:33
right off the top of my head...i would have to say french fries..... most anyones really, back when they were fried in beef shortening, tallow, whatever you wanna call it...... that was when fries were fries and men were happy !
MellowRoast
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/07/31 08:24:20
Hardee's Fried Chicken
Krystal Fried Chicken
Hartz’ Mesquite-Roasted Chicken
Famous Krystal Coffee (original blend)
Krystal Chocolate Shake (original formula)
Wendy's Original Hamburger Buns (yellow)
Long John Silver’s Chicken Peg Legs
Long John Silver’s Seafood Salad
Church’s Cajun Rice
Dairy Queen Banana Pudding Blizzard
Subway Seafood Salad
KFC Chicken Livers 
post edited by MellowRoast - 2011/08/01 13:03:07
hatteras04
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/07/31 10:03:33
michaelcarraher

The Brawny Lad at Big Boy

Those are still around.  I just had one a couple of weeks ago.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/07/31 10:16:18
I sorta like:
1:  Captain D's fish, slaw and seasoned and coated fries
2:  Popeye's Cajun chicken
3:  Krystal Cheese
4:  KFC extra crispy thighs fresh dropped
5:  Not much else.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Knoel998
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/08/14 22:50:39
I grew up in South Florida....

Little Caesars: Hot ham and cheese sandwiches..the bread was made of pizza dough.

Taco Viva: what ever happened to them? They had a yummy burrito I would get with melted cheese over the top....had to eat with a knife and fork.

Burger King: Ham and cheese with lett/tomato/mayo/american cheese slice on a long roll.

Rax:  The best milkshakes!

Popeye's Spicy Chicken Sandwich: It's different now.  Used to be on a round bun with pickles, lettuce, mayo.  Craved them during my pregnancy.

Pizza Hut: BBQ Beef pizza

Sambos: too un-PC for 2011....but I used to love grilled cheese and hot dogs from there as a child....now that I think about it, it wasn't fast food.

And here in Watertown, none of the McDonald's have strawberry sundaes!! They looked at me like I had 2 heads when I ordered one a few years ago.  UGH

harleytexas
Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/08/23 03:46:34
KFC - their Grecian bread
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/08/23 14:24:42
Bell Beefer at Taco Smell. And the origianal Encharitos.
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/08/23 15:30:15
ces1948

Miami Don. As a fellow south floridian  (you're about a hundred miles south of me) I'm surprised mango flavored anything would surprise you. I'm expecting mango and guava flavored potato chips any day now in the stores :)

I love mangos!  I just had a mango shake at a little roadside stand in Pinecrest, FL the other day that was pretty good.  I sampled a mango BBQ sauce the other day that was darn good.  I'm glad they don't have mango pies at Mcdonalds - I wouldn't be able to stop buying them if they were any good.
post edited by MiamiDon - 2011/08/23 15:31:52
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/08/24 10:52:14
Knoel998.... Burger King: Ham and cheese with lett/tomato/mayo/american cheese slice on a long roll.
I remember the Yumbo ham and cheese sandwich, but it came on the same round roll as the Whaler fish sandwich.

CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/08/24 19:09:16
NascarDad

saps

Fried cherry pies from McDonalds

The fried cherry pies were so good, and also the fried apple ones.

a gas station round here had deep fried apple pies, but they changed the recipe last year now and the crust is too sugary and not crisp or flaky enough so I stopped getting them. The caramel  thingy from Taco Bell is a poor substitute as well.

I heard about a place in NYC that sells double fried cherry pies, but no way I will be in NYC anytime soon.

Rally's has the fried apple pies like McD's used to be.  I just wish they had the cherry ones
mjambro
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/08/27 10:59:16
Burger Chef's Big Shef.   Never did understand McDonald's Big Mac kind-of-knock-off.  After about a ten year hiatus, tried one a few months back.  About gagged on the excessive salt & pickles.  
claracamille
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2011/08/27 13:39:23
I grew up in the 1950's & 1960's near Charleston WV eating at the original Shoneys' restaurants. 
I miss- Big Boy sandwiches, the best sauce.  AT one time they made a large 1 bun, 1 pattie Big Boy-really good.  Kingfish sandwich-the best fish sandwich ever.  Onion rings- crispy,just a little grease, thick slices of onion-onion was cooked, but still a little crisp.  Slim Jim sandwich.  Fish dinner,same fish as on the Kingfish sandwich, very good.  Hot Fudge Cake-I make it still.  Strawberry pie- no goopy ,too sweet, too red glaze as you find now in strawberry pies
Snowbird
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/03/14 14:29:45
I loved the Yumbo and always ordered it when I was in the area. That was the 'only' thing I ever ordered. The melted cheddar cheese oozing over hot slices of ham ... it was to die for!  And if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it served on an egg bun?

I was so dismayed ... no make that upset ... to learn they had taken the Yumbo off the menu.     I haven't been to the Burger King in about 30 years (since they stopped serving the Yumbo). If they bring back the Yumbo I might consider coming back to Burger King.
post edited by Snowbird - 2012/03/14 14:31:51
markt43701
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/03/18 01:38:37
Burger Kings chicken strips used to have a slightly spicey flavoring to them before they changed to the current nuggets, those were pretty good.
Also while not technically discontinued, I wish McDonalds would put the mcrib on the menu and leave it, instead of this limited time crap every few years.

starfire62
Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/03/18 14:59:11
i used to like to go to mcdonalds and see the orange soda and i think it was root beer on display .i dont know what you call them.but use to swirl around and be able to see it .it was interesting.
Singeli
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:08:43
I miss the lemon pie at Chick-fil-A.
Singeli
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:13:11
I miss the broccoli cheese bites that Long John Silver's used to have.
Singeli
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:18:55
AMEN! to missing the old Cokes.
AndreaB
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:25:47
I also miss the seafood salad from LJS and the fried oysters from both LJS and Captain D's.  I also wish the "Pirate" theme from LJS would return, along with the decks and peg legs.  It's like these places have abandoned what made them famous. 

Singeli
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:27:51
Speaking of salad bars, our Pizza Hut has discontinued theirs.  Now there's just a bit of sad pre-packaged lettuce with only a couple of cherry tomatoes and a slice of purple onion.  Nothing else.  Small package of dressing.
Do any of them still have a salad bar?
Singeli
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:32:23
Re: Taco Bell.
How about the taco shells which used to taste homemade, not the mass produced, filled with preservatives variety now served?
Singeli
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:42:30
I tried the Bacon Blue Burger.  The bacon was almost rare and the blue cheese sauce had only breathed on the burger.  Not a crumb af blue cheese in sight.
Anyone notice a pattern here?  These places are raising prices but cutting back on quality.
Singeli
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 13:51:38
Anyone remember the pastrami and swiss cheese at Jack in the Box back in the 80's?
It was great and I was excited when they announced they were having pastrami /cheese again.  BUT they tried to pass off a very skinny version where the dill pickle slice was thicker than the combined meat and cheese.  I think they tried to fool us by adding that pickle.  It didn't last long.
mjambro
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 15:49:34
Hamburgers at Wendy's.   Now that hamburgers are no longer on their menu, one must special order a premium priced cheeseburger and hope they leave the cheese off.  Perhaps a minor problem for some, but it keeps me away.
gostillerz
Cheeseburger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2012/08/23 19:49:33
No more salad bar? That means no creamy Italian dressing, what the hell?? A guy I used to work with would buy a gallon of it from them and split it with me. The copycat recipe is terrible. I'm 84% sure I will die in a month or so.
Adjudicator
Sirloin
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/01/16 14:03:53
Rebooting 'da thread.
CajunKing
Sirloin
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/01/16 23:31:21
The Buffalo Chicken Strips at LJS
ANY THING BURGER CHEF!!

lisachocoholic
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/06 09:39:46
I miss the fries that Carl's Jr. used to sell.

They were made, I think, with potato flakes like Potato Buds.  The exterior had a nice crunch.  Then they switched over to "real" french fries.
lisachocoholic
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/06 09:42:40
littleflower
MCDONALD's:  Old french fries - they were soo good

Not so much the fries as the fat. McDonald's used to have an oil mixture that included lard.  Now it's all vegetable oil.  Lard makes everything taste better!
Ketteract
Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/15 09:39:28
littleflower
HARDEES:  Their Big Roast Beef Sandwiches, their old recipe for french fries (they were kinda soft in a good way, salty, and yummy!), Frozen Yogurt Chocolate/Vanilla twist cones (so great on a hot summer day and very low in fat - tasted really like ice cream not frozen yogurt), cinnamon sugar dusted fried apple pies shaped in a long rectangle and came in a fun little box, Big Chicken Sandwich that was fried and tasted way better back then.

PIZZA HUT:  Really good tasting pan pizza (for some reason now the crust tastes not as good and doesn't have that slightly crisp texture at the bottom of the crust

RESTAURANTS IN DEPARTMENT STORES:  Why did they get rid of these?  I remember Montgomery Wards, K-Mart, Thalhimers, etc. had their own restaurants (more like cafeterias which served up burgers, fries, sandwiches, etc., but all made-to-order).  I used to love going shopping with my mom as a kid and getting a french fry and a Mr. Pibb as a snack while out and about, and the fries back then regardless of where you went (fast food or department store) tasted better for one reason - Trans Fats.  Now that everyone has gone to Trans-Fat free oils french fries just really aren't the same. 

Hardee's Chicken Cordon Bleu and Frisco Burger were awesome.  I last had them in 1999 or so.

Pizza Hut had a deep-dish "Priazzo" during the '80s that everyone has said was the best thing they ever offered.  I never got the chance to try it myself.  Apparently it ended up just being too expensive for them to produce on a massive scale?  Damn shame if so.

I LOVED the little cafeteria in K-Mart.  Pretty much the same level and style as, say, the Target cafeteria but with more options and (somewhat) better food. One of the tastiest burgers I ever had was in the late '80s from a K-Mart - greasiest thing I'd ever seen, just dripping with it.  I guess K-Mart hasn't had cafeterias for quite some time though.
Root-Beer Man
Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/15 11:01:00
Used to really love the Pizza Hut Thick and Chewy Supreme. That's one I wish they'd bring back. When I lived out in the Bay area and had access to Carl's Jr I really liked their fried zucchini. Man, that stuff was crack for me.
cathyftr
Hamburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/15 21:49:34
Back in the mid 90s I can remember our local ( Winchester, VA ) Taco Bell had BLT Soft Tacos.  They were pretty good.

In 1998 visiting Cleveland to attend an Elvis Presley exhibit at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame I seem to remember at least one downtown Cleveland area McDonalds offering Blueberry Pie. They were pretty good too. Come to think of it I believe the McDonalds at Toronto's Eaton Centre had them as well about ten years ago when  I was visiting that city..alas we went someplace else to eat.

My husband SWEARS he had a McPhilly Steak & Cheese at a Northeastern Pennsylvania ( Gibson ?? ) McDonalds. He liked it. This was in 2004. The next year at the very same McDonalds not only was the McPhilly Steak & Cheese missing from the menu but the staff didn't even remember it.
ChrisOC
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/02/15 22:44:24
Gino Giant
Hot Shoppe Mighty Mo

Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/03 22:11:29
On another message board I just heard a restaurant name I hadn't heard in 20 years: Cock Robin.

It was a small chain on the west side of Chicago. We used to go to the one in Wheaton. The burgers there were awesome.

I looked it up and they're all gone now, although I have no idea when they closed.
crazedfisherguy
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/14 15:02:07
When KFC was still serving the boneless Sweet and Spicy wings with tater wedges... OMG, I nearly cried when I went back and they said "We are no longer serving those." I asked for the recipe since they werent going to be using it, lol. AHHH, memories.
post edited by crazedfisherguy - 2013/08/14 17:14:41
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/14 15:20:59
Welcome to Roadfood crazedfisherguy.
crazedfisherguy
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/14 17:15:13
^Thank You sir!
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/14 17:46:41
Yes!  Welcome crazedfisherguy!
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/16 17:06:19
Ketteract

littleflower

Hardee's Chicken Cordon Bleu and Frisco Burger were awesome.  I last had them in 1999 or so.

Pizza Hut had a deep-dish "Priazzo" during the '80s that everyone has said was the best thing they ever offered.  I never got the chance to try it myself.  Apparently it ended up just being too expensive for them to produce on a massive scale?  Damn shame if so.

I LOVED the little cafeteria in K-Mart.  Pretty much the same level and style as, say, the Target cafeteria but with more options and (somewhat) better food. One of the tastiest burgers I ever had was in the late '80s from a K-Mart - greasiest thing I'd ever seen, just dripping with it.  I guess K-Mart hasn't had cafeterias for quite some time though.

Holy cow, I must've missed this post before, but I remember Priazzo! Those were really good.

I even remember the commercial they ran. "Priazzo: It's not a pizza". That's actually pretty funny because what they serve now doesn't constitute pizza.

I also remember the K-Mart cafeterias. We had a Venture store a few blocks away and they had a similar cafeteria that was really good. The Big V burger was one of my favorites.

post edited by Bonk - 2013/08/16 17:08:12
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/17 16:44:47
Baskin-Robbins flavors:  Chocolate Cheesecake, Mandarin Chocolate, and Creme de Caramel
mar52
Sirloin
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/17 19:56:39
I second Mandarin Chocolate and add Espresso Coffee to the list.

I think it was Pizza Hut where I'd eat in 1980 on Maryland Parkway in Las Vegas.  I went there for the salad.  It was because of the dressing they served which was a Romano Cheese dressing.
GML
Junior Burger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/18 14:05:21
I just spent some time reading through this thread after stumbling upon it while looking for vintage signs.  The mention of the Yumbo has me wondering if I remember that or not.  I definitely miss the Wendy's Salad Bar.
This probably belongs in another thread, but what I really miss are the old slogans/logos/signs of restaurants:
Wendy's is transitioning away from their "Classic Old Fashioned Hamburgers, Quality is our Recipe" signs to a bland font that simply says, "Wendy's".
Arby's used to have those distinctive huge cowboy hats with blinking lights at night, along with the slogan, "Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich is Delicious".
Kentucky Fried Chicken calls itself KFC, and has removed most of the buckets from it's signage, and no longer uses, the wonderful slogan, "Finger lickin' Good!"
Even McDonald's is downplaying it's Golden Arches on the new stores.  Very bizarre.
It's sad to me, and a big mistake to make such drastic changes to icons like that.  I know younger people are in charge now, and change is inevitable, especially when $ isn't coming in fast enough; but menu tweaks and new advertising strategies seem a better way to go than erasing the face of the brand. 

sandrew834
Hamburger
Flagged as Spam (1)
RE: Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/19 08:09:55
The McGangBang, a McChicken sandwich wedged between a double cheeseburger, is the Holy Grail for carnivorous fast food eaters. It is the best recipe and mine was delicious.
Ketteract
Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/26 20:44:26
Bonk

Ketteract

littleflower

Holy cow, I must've missed this post before, but I remember Priazzo! Those were really good.

I even remember the commercial they ran. "Priazzo: It's not a pizza". That's actually pretty funny because what they serve now doesn't constitute pizza.

I also remember the K-Mart cafeterias. We had a Venture store a few blocks away and they had a similar cafeteria that was really good. The Big V burger was one of my favorites.

Whoa.  Venture.  The name alone takes me back. I remember the distinctive striped sign.  Our store even had diagonal grooves throughout the exterior concrete - I used to run my fingers along those all the time as a kid!

I can't clearly remember if I ever ate in the Venture cafeteria, but I'd bet I did at some point. 
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/26 21:09:44
the one in Roeland Park?
Ketteract
Cheeseburger
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued 2013/08/27 04:42:46
1bbqboy

the one in Roeland Park?

Naw, I'm from Iowa. :) Brady Street in Davenport.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6