Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Favorite PB Sandwiches

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 61
Sasaku

• Total Posts: 63
Favorite PB Sandwiches Sun, 08/22/04 9:58 AM (permalink)
What's your favorite PB combo sandwiche?
Mine would have to be a good honey wheat bread toasted covered in PB, then piled high with bacon, fresh roma tomatos, and spinach.
There's a place near where I live called PB loco they specialize in making PB sandwiches and some of the stuff they have there is crazy.

emskyrooney

• Total Posts: 12
    RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 10:56 AM (permalink)
    My fave is white bread, creamy pb, honey, banana, and bacon.... All grilled up...

That and the grilled fluffernutter my mom used to make are to die for!

zussers

• Total Posts: 232
      RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 11:39 AM (permalink)
      I'm not a huge peanut butter fan, but I enjoy creamy pb with honey and sliced bananas on plain ole' white bread!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17805
        RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 12:11 PM (permalink)
        Peanut butter and onions.

fcbaldwin

• Total Posts: 388
          RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 12:30 PM (permalink)
          Peanut butter and onions...with mayo!

dan409

• Total Posts: 21
            RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 12:32 PM (permalink)
            Although I do like PB with bacon and with bananas, my favorite is with home made raspberry jam. Just finished a batch of rbj yesterday and had to try it out with peanut butter on whole wheat bread.

Spudnut

• Total Posts: 655
              RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 12:39 PM (permalink)
              PB on white bread with a healthy dose of Nutella works wonders for me, although it's probably a once-every-other-year treat.

Kristi S.

• Total Posts: 712
                RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 12:48 PM (permalink)
                The venerable

plb

RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 12:53 PM (permalink)
                  Grilled PB sandwiches (like grilled cheese but with PB). Also works with other nut butters, my favorite is grilled almond butter on sourdough bread.

Phil B.

redtressed

• Total Posts: 1017
                    RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 1:24 PM (permalink)
                    Toasted homemade buttermilk bread, Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter or Skippy Honey Nut, a layer of my strawberry jam or grape jelly and a few slices of bacon, preferably applewood smoked......and a tall glass of cold Ovaltine Chocolate Malted Milk.....yeeeeee hawwwwwwwww

Sundancer7

RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 4:31 PM (permalink)
                      With my current diet which has been ongoing since last September, It has been PB on a stick(My finger)

Paul E. Smith
                      Knoxville, TN

DLnWPBrown

• Total Posts: 832
                        RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 5:16 PM (permalink)
                        Fresh white bread, JIF creamy PB, and either Peach or Blueberry jam.

santacruz

• Total Posts: 372
                          RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 6:07 PM (permalink)
                          My favotite p/b sandwich is a toasted pumpernickel bagle spread with unsalted butter and freshly made chunky peanut butter. Washed it down with Peet's coffee..excellent.

berndog

• Total Posts: 674
                            RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 9:08 PM (permalink)
                            Toasted marble rye with crunchy PB and a good strawberry jam, or sometimes orange marmalade.

Jennifer_4

• Total Posts: 1508
                              RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Mon, 08/23/04 10:45 PM (permalink)
                              I didn't discover Fluffernutters til I hit 41.. I didn't grow up with it and knew one I knew had ever had it..so I had to try it... WOW! what have I been missing? I don't even like marshmallows!

Other than that, Jif w/ apricot pineapple, strawberry, or bananas is good... I had a friend who used to have PB and honey everyday...seemed like overkill to me.

emsmom

• Total Posts: 955
                                RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Tue, 08/24/04 10:15 AM (permalink)
                                Peanut butter and sliced dill pickles. My sister and I have eaten these since we were children. I can't seem to get my husband and daughter to try them though.

Sasaku

• Total Posts: 63
                                  RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Tue, 08/24/04 10:45 AM (permalink)
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by emsmom

Peanut butter and sliced dill pickles. My sister and I have eaten these since we were children. I can't seem to get my husband and daughter to try them though.

Thats my favorite snack, fast and easy

mek

• Total Posts: 123
                                    RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Tue, 08/24/04 1:21 PM (permalink)
                                    Either strawberry or grape jam. I also like it with sliced dill pickles or bacon.
                                    I think I will combine the pickles and bacon next time.

renfrew

• Total Posts: 696
                                      RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Tue, 08/24/04 1:29 PM (permalink)
                                      Love PB on a nice toasted bagel so all the peanut butter melts. Everything bagel is my favorite with this.

seafarer john

RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Tue, 08/31/04 9:02 AM (permalink)
                                        In a Sandwich Show on the Food Channel a few days ago, the host said that the Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly Sandwich was "invented" just before WWII, in the"late 30s.

Well, I was born in '27 and I'd swear I was eating PB & Jelly long before that. My Grandmother used to put up a whole lot of jelly every summer: strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, currant, grape, and others. Maybe we had PB and some jelly other than grape - in fact I'm sure we did , at least sometimes, because to this day I'll put just about any kind of preserve, jam, or jelly on my PB sandwich. Also, the PB we had in the 30s was pretty awful stuff compared to what is available today. Before homogenization we had to vigorously stir the oil off the top of the PB before we could spread it. And the texture was kind of rough , and the flavor very strong. It needed jelly to make it more palatable.

Does anyone out there have any memories of PB going back to the 20s and 30s , or have any historical information of the invention of the PB and jelly combination?

Cheers, John

Tony Bad

RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Tue, 08/31/04 10:27 AM (permalink)
                                          quote:
                                          Originally posted by Kristi S.

The venerable

I drooled all over my keyboard! That gets my vote. My only other choice is PB with cheap grape jelly...not the fancy stuff.

emsmom

RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Tue, 08/31/04 3:47 PM (permalink)
                                            My husband got hooked on the fluffer nutter sandwiches after watching an episode on the Food Network. It didn't appeal to me. If I eat a pb&j. It has to be grape jelly-some people prefer strawberry-but it has to be grape for me.

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
                                              • Location: Somewhere in time...and Colorado
                                              RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Tue, 08/31/04 6:44 PM (permalink)
                                              Peanut butter (smooth, not cruncy), lettuce and Miracle Whip.

Kent Daniels

• Total Posts: 38
                                                RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Wed, 09/1/04 11:35 PM (permalink)
                                                As a teen, I used to eat crunchy peanut butter, homemade cherry jam, and chocolate syrup on white bread. Those are a little sweet for my taste now, so it's generally peanut butter and crisp bacon on white toast, mostly as a breakfast item.

PCC

• Total Posts: 111
                                                  RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Thu, 09/2/04 12:12 AM (permalink)
                                                  What is a fluffernutter? Am I the only person who doesn't know?

Browniebaker

• Total Posts: 40
                                                    • Location: Gaithersburg, MD
                                                    RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Thu, 09/2/04 3:21 AM (permalink)
                                                    Crunchy Jif with Smucker's strawberry jam between two thick slices of homemade, eggy. milky, white bread.

emsmom

RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Thu, 09/2/04 12:38 PM (permalink)
                                                      A fluffernutter sandwich is a sandwich on white bread with peanut butter on one side and marshmellow cream on the other. Too sweet for my taste
                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by PCC

Tony Bad

RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Thu, 09/2/04 12:47 PM (permalink)
                                                        quote:
                                                        Originally posted by PCC

This link will provide you with more Fluff info than you probably ever cared to know!

http://www.marshmallowfluff.com/htm/welcome.shtml

tsores

• Total Posts: 653
                                                          • Location: Evanston, IL
                                                          RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Thu, 09/2/04 1:05 PM (permalink)
                                                          Wow! I am surprised at all the exotic combinations with PB. I guess I am just an old fashioned guy because my favorite is smooth or crunchy PB and strawberry preserves on cheap white bread. Sometimes I have PB and banana. I have to try it with bacon. Sounds good.

emsmom

• Location: Gastonia, NC
                                                            RE: Favorite PB Sandwiches Thu, 09/2/04 1:09 PM (permalink)
                                                            I know that this a strange habit, but I prefer to make my peanut butter sandwiches on one slice of bread and then folded over. I usually make me two of them but I like the bread folded over better than a sandwich made with 2 slices of bread and cut in half.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 61

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com