Favorite coffee

Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Author
MCGator
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Favorite coffee 2004/11/12 10:17:32 (permalink)
Kona is an excellent coffee and you have to becareful that you don't end up with a Kona blend that is not 100% Kona coffee. My favorite place just started carrying Kona Peaberry coffee which comes directly from the island.

Check out [url]www.VolcanicaCoffee.com[/url].
verysleepy
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 107
RE: Favorite coffee 2004/11/12 12:17:43 (permalink)
I swear by my Kona coffee which is shipped directly from the growers- Fike Farms - the link is :
http://fikefarms.com/

The price per pound, including shipping is $21. They are one of the very few farms to carry decaf- which is actually great- not kidding, and my cardiologist appreciates it too. I did however, just come from their website, and there is a notice that decaf is not available right now- so check with George and Jean. The decaf was priced a bit higher at $26 including shipping. I love the dark roast- in both regular and decaf. This coffee is incredibly smooth, and lasts awhile in the freezer in the bean form.

DaveM
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 353
RE: Favorite coffee 2004/11/12 17:32:01 (permalink)
Friends of ours served us Green Mountain Brand Pumpkin Spice coffee, with a splash of French Vanilla creamer.
My wife is now addicted to it.
Green Mountain also offers a Wild Blueberry coffee similar to that described earlier in this forum from LL Bean. Could be the same one.
We have also had wonderful success sneaking back over the border pounds of Cuban coffee purchased at La Vieille Europe, on Blvd. St. Laurent, in Montreal. This European specialty market is next door to Schwartz's deli, and is now a must stop for us on any Montreal trip.
For everyday coffees, Trader joe's offers enough different styles to satisfy us between favorites.
Starbuck's Cafe Verona blend is another day to day favorite as well.
tsores
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 655
RE: Favorite coffee 2004/11/12 17:59:17 (permalink)
I ordered a package of Mellow Joy decaf. It does have the strong flavor common to coffee down Louisiana way. It has a little too much bite for me though I prefer my food and drink with intense flavor. I think it may need cream but I prefer my coffee black with a little sugar. I recommend it for those who enjoy a very flavorful coffee taste.
bigbear
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 73
RE: Favorite coffee 2004/11/13 00:05:25 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Mayhaw Man

On the other hand, one of the reasons I keep going back is that you can't get that delicious elixir "Salsa Lizano" in the US. Have you ever had it. Thick like Pickapeppa, but much more flavorful. Tamarinds and hot peppers for the base (I think). It is great on everything. Buy it by the case.

Brooks... You can buy Salsa Lizano on eBay.
rethink
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Favorite coffee 2004/12/11 08:43:47 (permalink)
I tried the volcano coffee from Costa Rica that someone recommended here and it was very good. Try their reserve coffee. [url]www.volcanicacoffee.com[/url]
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: Favorite coffee 2004/12/11 10:12:04 (permalink)
Celebes Kalossi, Kona and Blue Mountain are always in stock here in varying combinations. Whole beans.
Vicmuson
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite coffee 2007/01/14 16:31:04 (permalink)
quote:
Just wondering what people's favorite coffee is

I believe Javaberry to be the best. First of all the quality of roasting is just perfect. I suppose they know a secret how to make beans so aromatic. Coffee taste is wonderful and particular.
Vicmuson
Junior Burger
RE: Favorite coffee 2007/01/14 16:34:41 (permalink)
I believe Javaberry to be the best. First of all the quality of roasting is just perfect. I suppose they know a secret how to make beans so aromatic. Coffee taste is wonderful and particular.
Jimeats
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3175
RE: Favorite coffee 2007/01/15 06:49:17 (permalink)
I don't like any flavored coffees, just give me the plain old grounds, black please. Costcos house brand is very good, that Kirkland stuff. Chow Jim
lunchlady
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Favorite coffee 2007/01/15 09:26:04 (permalink)
I have to put my 2 cents' worth in... Ruta Maya is what we drink at home. This is a local enterprise in Austin,Tx that imports the green coffee beans from Mayan farmers in Mexico and roasts them at their shop in Austin. I stock up on it whenever I run across it in the store and freeze it, but you can order it online at www.rutamaya.net. I live about 60 miles from Austin in the Texas Hill Country and have trouble finding it, so I don't think their retail distribution extends very far, but it's very, very good and worth the effort to find it!

And, has anyone tried 7-11 convenience stores' coffee?? I find it pretty tasty when I need a cup on the road, and they seem to make the effort to keep fresh pots on at all times. Out in these parts where I live, we don't have Starbuck's, Seattle's Best, and donut shops, so we have to take what we can get!!
genewj
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 370
RE: Favorite coffee 2007/01/22 00:54:59 (permalink)
My daughter, lives on the bigga Island in Hawaii,they have 5 acres of Kona planted on their property, cannot sell it as Kona because they live in Poaha. She swears its the best coffee going..
When we owned Koblick's fine Food of Ferndale, Ca.
I had 2 popcorn roasters modified to roast coffee(required a different diaode)I bought green beans and tried out many coffees..I always was surprised at how many people would buy Jamacian Blue Mt. because of name value..My favorite was the Costa Rican HardBall and still is..
Was delighted to find the Volcanica Coffee co. will be a customer for their Costa Rican Hard Ball.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: Favorite coffee 2007/01/22 01:14:22 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Bushie
Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.
Ort, I ordered some Cafe Naviera today on your rec. Do you make it expresso-style, or do you percolate/drip?

Bushie,
I haven't seen you post of late, but I'll reply nonetheless.
How'd you like it?
Now y'all have made me want to run down some more Seapork Dark Roast -- AND some Mello Joy!
Decaffeinatedly, Ort. Carlton in Chillyrainy Athens.
P. S. Since I drink my morning... well, afternoon... coffee at Mama's Boy now, I only percolate after I stumble out of bed of a day and only drip when I come in out of the rain.
Big_g
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 374
RE: Favorite coffee 2007/01/22 02:11:43 (permalink)
We are hooked on Gevalia Coffee. Mainly the French Roast a Darker Roast. We use a good automatic coffee maker for everyday use BUT now and again I use a French Press system and run on HIGH gear all day :)

I really liked the Kona that Denny's used to use...I'd drink 2 or 3 pots a nite, when I worked there. But someone gave me a sample subscription to Gevalia back in '82 and I've been adicted eversince.
Michael Stern
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1034
RE: Favorite coffee 2007/01/22 04:12:24 (permalink)
I get my regular fix from[url='http://www.oldbisbeeroasters.com/']Bisbee Coffee Roasters[/url]. Always an interesting selection, and roasted to order. Currently swilling down a delicious morning cup of Guatemala Antigua Volcanes.
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6524
RE: Favorite coffee 2007/01/22 13:21:10 (permalink)
I had to stop drinking coffee a few years back I always enjoyed many coffees from Kona to gevalia to ???

Over the years I would always go back to one in particular. Dark Roast Community Coffee. I had a stove top coffee pot, and it seemed to always make the best coffee.

Ahhhhh, I miss those many cups/pots of coffee a day
desertdog
  • Total Posts : 1946
RE: Favorite coffee 2007/01/27 08:53:04 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Stern

I get my regular fix from[url='http://www.oldbisbeeroasters.com/']Bisbee Coffee Roasters[/url]. Always an interesting selection, and roasted to order. Currently swilling down a delicious morning cup of Guatemala Antigua Volcanes.

Hey Michael,

Thanks for the Bisbee tip. Will be ordering some today. I've been down to Bisbee a couple times and actually seen this place, but foolishly never stopped in. You can bet next time I won't make that mistake, the place sounds great!

boyardee65
  • Total Posts : 1460
RE: Favorite coffee 2007/01/28 02:16:33 (permalink)
I'm sorry to say that i like "regular" YUBAN 100% Columbian Coffee. I have been drinking it for about 25 years and it is always great! I use the pour method but I have a gold plated sive system. No after taste from a paper filter! Great cup after cup! JMHO!
David O.
Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1