Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
NonnieD
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 46
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2007/10/06 21:30:47 (permalink)
EASY CROCK POT SPAGHETTI GRAVY

I BUY A BIG CAN LIKE A GALLON I THINK OF TOMATO SAUCE
THE NIGHT BEFORE I GO TO BED, I PUT A SMALL ROAST OR A STEAK WHATEVER I
HAVE, PUT THE MEAT AND AND SALT AND PEPPER A COUPLE GARLIC CLOVES
OK PUT IT ON LOW COOK, WHEN YOU GET UP AFTER COFFEE,
DRAIN THE JUICE, SAVE FOR SOUP, NOW ADD (KINDA CHOP UP YOUR MEAT.)
TOMATO SAUCELOTS OF FOLLOWING FRESH GARLIC, BASIL,PARSLEY, MUSHROOMS
ITALIAN SEASONINGS, I LIKE A TABLESPOON OF SUGAR IN MINE.
MIX IT ALL IN THERE COOK ON LOW AND AT DINNER YOU HAVE SOME GRAVY OVER NOODLES, AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO COOK THE MEAT, BROWN SOME HAMBUGER AND PUT IT THERE INSTEAD OR GROUND TURKEY IF YOU DON'T DO BEEF.
ENJOY.
Rustywolf
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 176
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2007/10/30 13:11:50 (permalink)
Try this one:

Pulled BBQ Cola Pork Sandwiches

Ingredients: 2lbs or so of boneless sparerib meat (must be boneless!), 20 oz. bottle of cola, salt, pepper, Chinese 5 spice seasoning, your favorite BBQ sauce.

1) Night before, brown meat in a little olive oil and butter, and sprinkle with seasonings as it browns.

2) Next day, put chilled, browned meat into crockpot. Pour cola over it, set at low for 7-8 hours.

3) Pour off cola and drippings. Pull and shred meat with two forks. Pour BBQ sauce on the meast and mix in. Heat through for another half-hour or so.

Good and easy.

- Rusty
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2007/11/12 18:54:52 (permalink)
Crock Pot Venison

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but gun hunting season for Deer starts later this week! (A true Michigan Holiday to say the least).. Was searching for a article in my documents and came across this one.. (I think this one came from the late Chef Tell)..

Venison in a Crock Pot

Ingredients

2 1/2 to 3 lbs your favorite roast - can be venison, beef, pork or turkey
1 Medium Onion, Diced
2 teaspoons minced Garlic
12 Oz. Can of Tomato Paste
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tablespoons Tobasco
1 small can (4 1/2 oz) diced green chili peppers
12 Oz. beer

Directions
Trim fat from meat and place in crock pot. Add the other ingredients to the crock pot, covering the meat.
Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10 hours or high heat setting for 5 hours, unitl meat is tender.
Remove cooked roast from crock pot, thinly slicing across the grain and removing any fat or bones.
Return meat to crock pot and stir.
Scoop on to buns or Kaiser rolls along with your favorite condiments (mustard, pickles, Onion) etc and enjoy
porkbeaks
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2217
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2007/11/17 08:40:44 (permalink)
This is really good on hot dogs.

Crockpot sweet and sour cabbage recipe, with bacon bits and tangy sauce.
INGREDIENTS:
4 to 5 slices bacon, diced
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
1 medium head red cabbage shredded
1/4 cup finely chopped onion, or 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
PREPARATION:
Cook bacon in skillet until crisp; set aside. Combine 2 to 3 teaspoons of bacon drippings in slow cooker with sugar, flour, salt and pepper. Stir in water and vinegar. Add shredded cabbage and onion; stir to blend all ingredients. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours. Sprinkle cooked bacon over the top.
Serves 6 to 8.
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8695
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2007/11/17 09:06:01 (permalink)
This is for hot beef sandwiches served on good fresh bakery rolls:
3-4 lb. chuck roast
1 can campbells french onion soup
2 cans au jus
1 can beef gravy.
Brown chuck in fry pan,place in crockpot.Mix next 3 ingredients and pour over roast.Cook on high setting 6-7 hours until very tender.Shred meat with fork and serve on buns with a slice of provolone.Note-if you think its too dry, heat up and additional can of beef gravy or french onion soup and add to mix.
seatown76
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 379
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2007/12/08 11:38:34 (permalink)
Well the wife picked up one Sirloin Tip Beef Roast and a Pork Sirloin Rib Roast so I decided to put a rub on them and put them in the slow cooker. I never have tried the two together before. I have decided to make a mixed pulled meat mixture. I layered the bottom of the slow cooker with one large onion and chopped garlic. Then poured in about two cups of beef broth. Too bad the wife didn't pick up my prefered roast the Boston Butt roast. These seem a little too lean for me.

More photos with when I am done.

Oh by the way any suggestions on a nice sweet sauce for these. My wife Sara likes a nice sweet BBQ sauce. I have made numerous sauces before but looking for new ideas. Thanks everyone.
John A
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4295
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2007/12/10 08:16:18 (permalink)
That's thinking out of the box, mixing pulled pork and beef together. Please continue with follow ups.

Thank you
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3174
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2007/12/10 20:08:41 (permalink)
Today I just did a Black Angus English cut chuck roast. Yesterday I rubbed the roast with The Spice House Red and Black pepper mix and seared it in some LBA (butter flavored canola oil or Liquid Butter Alternative; did the same with some potato's. I layered the bottom with two onions sliced, nestled the potato's along side with a few carrots. I added low sodium beef and chicken bouillon, Spice House Caribbean Calypso Rub, and two bottles of New Glarus Enigma beer. Turned it on low before leaving for work and came back to a meal that really, really was tasty. I should have taken pictures. There were no leftovers.
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2007/12/21 10:31:38 (permalink)
Improvisor,
I am going to make this today, thanks for listing it.
I will post it later in the Misc Food section with photos.
I think that wide egg noodles shall suffice?
And do to my love of mushrooms, I think I shall add some more.

In fact, after that I think I shall make EngineCapts recipe for meatballs.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
""From improviser;

Like I said before, Sundays are crockpot days. This past Sunday I made Swedish Meatballs (although I'm sure actual Swedish meatballs don't involve two cans of Campbells soups.)

Frozen meatballs (one day I'll learn to make my own)
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can of Golden Mushroom Soup
1 enevelope brown gravy mix
1 can of beef broth

Cook on high for three hours. Not bad. Our dog especially enjoyed the leftover gravy.""
----------------------------------------

improviser
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 865
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/01/02 10:22:26 (permalink)
Made Salsa Soup yesterday.

2 pounds ground beef
46 oz. tomato juice (this is what the recipe calls for, I found it to be way too much, it filled my crockpot all the way to the top)
15 oz. can of carrots
15. oz can of corn
15. oz can of green beans
2 bay leaves
half a jar of mild salsa

Brown ground beef and drain. Combine all ingredients in crockpot. Simmer for at least 3 to 4 hours. Remove bay leaves before serving.

I really liked this.
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/01/05 11:48:49 (permalink)
Simple Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
16 ounces sour cream
1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
Place frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot.
Mix the other ingredients together and pour over chicken breasts.
Cook on Low for about 7-8 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
Stir sauce before serving and if you would like to thicken sauce, add flour or cornstarch.
Serve over rice or noodles.
NYNM
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3053
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/01/05 17:05:02 (permalink)
Peel, core, chop up some apples
Throw in a few raisins
A bit of chopped nuts, too
How about some spices (cinnamon, etc)
Don't forget the RUM

Cook in crockpot for a while

Eat over plain yoghurt (or ice cream, cottage cheese, pound cake etc)

This is DELICIOUS
(and sorry about the vagueness, that's my kind of cooking - learned recipe-making from my Italian grandmother a fab cook)
Navy_Brat913
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 179
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/01/26 00:01:54 (permalink)
Pizza Soup

I only make this once or twice a year, but it's like pizza in a bowl, lol. Everyone raves about it, even though it's very basic and simple to make. It's easy to customize, just use your favorite pizza sauce and toppings.

1 1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce or pasta sauce
1 cup pepperoni, chopped
1 can (16 oz) diced tomatoes in juice
1/2 cup cooked Italian sausage
1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
shredded mozzarella cheese

Add all but last 2 ingredients to slow cooker. Interchange toppings as desired. When placed in bowl (after cooking 4 hrs on high, 6-8 on low), top with cheeses. I serve with crusty bread and sauteed green peppers not cooked *with* the soup (I find the peppers overpower the soup).

Mix & match to your hearts content the *pizza* fixings and cheeses. But if you use a pizza sauce you really like, you're in for a treat.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5487
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/03/16 00:32:08 (permalink)
Last week I made up what I call Baked macaroni, some would probably call baked ziti. It consisted of 1lb elbow macaroni, 1.5 lbs of hamburger 2 lg cans of 4 cheese spaghetti sauce and 1 whole sweet onion sliced large and some fresh sliced mushrooms.

I boiled the macaroni, fried the meat and onion and near the end added the mushrooms. Once the macaroni was done I drained them and then tossed everything into the pot and added about 2 cups shredded cheese. Stirred it all together well and then poured it into my slow cooker.

Set the cooker on low and left it there for about 6 hours. When it was dinner time I took the pan out of the cooker. Added a layer of cheese and some Itialian seasoned bread crumbs. Put it under the broiler for about 5 minutes.

That was pretty good.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5487
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/03/16 00:45:28 (permalink)
Meat and gravy ala slow cooker;

Saturday morning when I got home from work I put ~1.5 cups of flour into a Ziploc bag and added quite a bit of spices. I then added about 1.5 lbs of stew meat and shook it all together. Browned the meat in some hot oil.

Repeated the above 2x. Once all the meat was browned I put it in the slow cooker and added 2 cans of beef broth and about a 1/4 cup of dried sliced onion. Set it to low and went to bed. When I got up 6 hours later I had a nice pot of tender tasty beef and some great gravy. Served that over egg noodles.

chefminyardee
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/05/04 12:43:16 (permalink)
Easy Pulled Pork
I use a Nesco roaster cause thats what we have but a crokpot is cool to.Take a frozen pork shoulder stuff it into the pot and add a generous amount of chopped garlic and salt and pepper.Open a can of chicken stock 16 or 32 oz what ever you think is enough.Turn roaster to 180 and let er go all night.Let it cool a bit and shred it.Throw it in abowl and refridgerate untill dinner time.Transfer it to a wok topper grill or cookie sheet.Put it on the BBQ with a smoke pouch,let the ends get a little bit crispy and soak up the smoke.Searve on you favorite buns with coleslaw and bbq sauce.
chefminyardee

turn on
Jimeats
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3175
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/06/09 12:34:21 (permalink)
There is only a few times a year that I accually drag out the large croc-pot. Today is one of those days temps in the high ninetys to hot to grill
or heat up the oven.
I did spark up my small charcoal grill this morning, early enough to piss off a neighbor. This was done to sear off a chuck roast for pot roast.
AS I was searing the beef off to the side I wrapped some whole onions and garlic to add to the pot.
Along with some seasonings and carrots and sundried tomatos will be dinner this evening. Chow Jim

I've deleted the comments, this is a recipe only thread. Comments not allowed folks. Here is Jim's comment only because it is pertinent and I could edit into the original post.

MikeS.
aleximoon
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 84
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/08/01 02:57:18 (permalink)
Chicken Curry Soup

1 10 3/4 oz. Can condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup water
2 tsp. Curry powder
1 1/4 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs
2 Cups sliced Carrots
1 13 1/2 oz Can Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into thin, bite-sized strips
1/2 Cup sliced green onions
chopped peanuts or toasted coconut (optional)

- In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker, combine soup and water. Stir in curry powder. Add the chicken and carrot to the cooker. Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high heat for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. If using high heat setting, turn to low. Stir in coconut milk, pepper, and green onions. cover and cook for 15 more minutes. If desired, garnish with peanuts and/or toasted coconut.

I like to serve it over hot basmati rice. Very tasty.
John A
Filet Mignon
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/11/26 06:10:25 (permalink)
Let's give this thread a boost with an oldie but goodie

i95
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/12/01 20:42:56 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MikeS.

From Scarlett;

Pork Roast

Small whole sweet potatoes
One 3-pound pork roast
1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce (use the jelly if you don't like the seeds from the cranberries).
1 can (5.5 ounces) apricot nectar
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Place the potatoes in a 3 1/2-quart (or larger) slow cooker, then place the roast over the potatoes. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well and pour over the roast. Cover and cook on the low setting for 5 to 6 hours. (check temp with meat thermomete) Remove the roast to a cutting board and thinly slice. Serve with the potatoes and sauce/gravy

I use a cooking bag made for slow cookers. I drain of the liquid into a sauce pan and while the roast is resting reduce and thicken the gravy.

I made this particular slow cooker recipe a couple of weeks ago and thank Scarlett for contributing the same as it was both flawless and delicious. The only modification I made was doubling the quantity of apricot nectar ensuring I had the proper level of liquid in my larger crockpot.

I couldn't recommend more!
tarragon
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 354
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/12/07 00:30:59 (permalink)
Made a batch of beef/mushroom/barley soup (although it came out more like a stew!) in the crock pot today. It was a good day for it too, turns out; the temp never got over 40 degrees and it looks like we even got a light dusting of snow here.

I started with some beef short ribs, which I'd picked up at the grocery store Friday afternoon; they were on sale, so I knew I had to use them right away. I seasoned them with salt-free lemon pepper seasoning, then browned on all sides before setting into the crock pot. Next, I sauteed a whole box of white button mushrooms, all sliced up, along with a stalk of celery and one big white onion, sliced, in the same pan where I'd browned the meat. As that was cooking, I sliced up some fresh carrots, and mixed up a couple of cups of beef broth (sodium free), adding them to the crock pot. As soon as the mushroom/onion/celery mix was finished, I put that in the crock pot as well, then measured out 3/4 cup of medium barley (bigger than the pearl barley I'd been using) added that, put the lid on and set the pot for low.

I did check on it a couple of times, and added some seasoning about half way through, along with some frozen peas and carrots. I started it in the pot about 9:30 am and it was done by 3:30 PM.

It was some of the best soup/stew I've ever had, if I do say so myself! And there are leftovers enough for another meal, even better. Delicious and good for you. [:P]

4 beef short ribs, seasoned and browned in a bit of oil
after they're done, sautee:

1 whole onion sliced in crescents
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1 box of button mushrooms, sliced

you can add garlic and whatever seasonings you like; I use salt-free lemon pepper and salt-free garlic herb blend (Mrs. Dash).

The beef ribs are in the crock pot, to which I added 2 cups of beef broth (no sodium) and 2 cups of water and some fresh carrots, sliced.

I added the finished onions/mushrooms and celery to the crock pot, then added:

3/4 cup of medium pearl barley

about 4 hours into cooking, add some frozen veggies, as desired; my choice was peas and carrots.

Then cover the pot and set it on low... let cook for 6 hours or so. I think I added another cup or two of water, as it thickened up considerably; I also tasted it and decided it needed a bit more seasoning. The short ribs made an excellent choice of beef for this, but I think I might try some oxtail next time. YUM!
John A
Filet Mignon
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/12/09 09:40:38 (permalink)
Some boneless country style pork ribs

Pile on sauerkraut with caraway seeds

A few splashes of Worcestershire sauce. Not even spell checker could do that one, had to get the bottle.

About six hours later

It’s not the most colorful or prettiest I’ve ever done. But it’s definitely the most tender and tastiest. The pork came apart
with a fork.

BrooklynBill
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 189
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2008/12/16 16:52:45 (permalink)
I have played with this one for the better part of a year. Hope you enjoy.
Bill

Tomatoey Crock Pot Pasta E Fagioli

1/4 + lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 ½ carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained *
1(32 ounce) box of beef broth
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 teaspoons parsley (1 tablespoon)
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
1/2 20 ounce jar spaghetti sauce (That’s half the jar, or use 10 oz of your own sause.)
1cup tubular pasta (I like whole wheat.)

1. Brown beef in a skillet.
2. Drain fat from beef and add to crock-pot with everything except pasta and 10 of the 32 oz of beef broth.
3. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.
4. During last 30 min. add pasta and rest of beef broth.
* Note: Instead of high sodium canned beans: Soak 1 cup of dry beans overnight then simmer for 30 to 40 min. drain and add to crock pot mix.

mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15335
RE: Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2009/01/07 14:56:05 (permalink)
It being a cold and snowy day in the Louisville area today, we decided to make a crockpot of Ham and Bean Soup using our Hambone from the Xmas Holiday Ham. It is real simple meal in the pot and goes well on this sort of day !

We soaked one pound of white beans overnight last night, then drained them and added 8 cups of fresh water this morning. To the beans I added two medium Onions cut into fairly small pieces, The large ham-bone (it had quite a bit of clinging meat scraps atached), and small amounts of Celery Salt, Montreal Steak Pepper mix, Garlic Salt, and Minced Garlic. Later in the day I checked the "Saltiness" and added half a package of Onion Soup Mix to boost the broth a bit. Our Christmas Ham was one of the major brand spiral sliced city hams and was not overly salty...that helped keep the Soup fairly mild as well. A large chunk of Butter also added to the richness of the Broth. It has cooked in the Crockpot for about 6 hours and is just about done.  Here is the visual of the results.

post edited by Al-The Mayor-Bowen - 2009/01/07 14:58:34
tarragon
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 354
Re:Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2009/02/22 00:06:12 (permalink)
I saw a slow cooker recipe packet in the store and decided to try it; it's put out by Slow Cooker Gourmet, made by Purely American foods. It was for Lewis and Clark lentil and sausage stew. What the package contained was a packet of assorted lentils (red, brown, green) and a packet of spices, which contained very little sodium. Fortunately, this was on a "10 for 10" sale, so only cost me $1. Everything else, I had to purchase separately! Here's the recipe, taken from the back of the package:

1 cup fresh carrots, chopped in slices
1 onion, chopped in slices
6 oz. smoked turkey sausage, quartered and sliced
1 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
4 cups of water
1/4 cup fresh or frozen spinach, chopped.
and the lentils, which should be thoroughly rinsed and checked, and the package of spices

Directions:
Layer the carrots and onion evenly across the bottom of the slow cooker. Layer the sausage evenly over the carrots. Spread the lentils across the sausage, then add the chicken broth. Next, you sprinkle the spice package and some salt (if you desire). NOTE: I'm uncertain what all was in the spice packet but it was definitely dried onions and celery, black pepper, garlic and a bay leaf. Next, pour 4 cups of water over all, put the lid on the crock pot, and set it to cook on low for 4-6 hours.

15 minutes before serving, add the spinach, stirring it into the crockpot. Continue cooking on low; the stew should thicken a bit as it cools.

(sorry, forgot about the spinach! LOL)

We served it over a bit of rice and added some plain yogurt (which I use like sour cream) and a bit of shredded cheddar jack cheese.  It was pretty tasty to me, actually. 

Some personal notes: I used the turkey/chicken sausage that had sun dried tomatoes in it, which definitely added to the taste. The onion is my addition too. Slow Cooker Gourmet in addition recommends that if you are in a "hard" water area, to soak the lentils overnight, with a bit of baking soda, to make sure that they cook. Our water is a bit hard and I have to say that I agree with that recommendation; I wish that I had soaked them too, and normally lentils don't require soaking! I also think that I would just have one type of lentil, rather than a mixture; it was sure hard to see if there were any stones in there, with the brown ones, to be honest!

post edited by tarragon - 2009/02/22 00:19:16
NYNM
Filet Mignon
Re:Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2009/03/13 17:59:19 (permalink)
I just made this up, am am delightfully shocked about how easy and delicious it is!

Crockpot Choucoutre (of sorts)

Pork strips
Cabbage (used bag cut to make cole slaw)
Carrots
White Raisins
Sweet/spicy mustard
1/2 cup water 

Mix it up, cook it up, eat. yum. 

Could also add some bacon, maybe pre-cooked sausage, caraway seed, whatever.

Oh, drink with a bottle of German or Alsatian beer (or a riesling might be good), (or pour in the crockpot, too)
NYNM
Filet Mignon
Re:Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2009/03/13 18:03:46 (permalink)
NYNM

I just made this up, am am delightfully shocked about how easy and delicious it is!

Crockpot Choucoutre (of sorts)

Pork strips
Cabbage (used bag cut to make cole slaw)
Carrots
White Raisins
Sweet/spicy mustard
1/2 cup water 

Mix it up, cook it up, eat. yum. 

Could also add some bacon, maybe pre-cooked sausage, caraway seed, whatever.

Oh, drink with a bottle of German or Alsatian beer (or a riesling might be good), (or pour in the crockpot, too)

Oh, or throw in some apple slices...
ferretface
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2009/07/02 14:00:20 (permalink)
BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked & shredded
1 bottle hot sauce/wing sauce 12oz.
2 packages cream cheese, 8 oz.
1 Hidden Valley Dressing envelope,  prepared (16 oz)
1 ½ cup chopped celery
8 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese or Cheddar Cheese, grated
Combine the shredded chicken with the entire bottle of hot sauce, spreading to make an even layer in the bottom of an oval crockpot. In a saucepan, combine the cream cheese, celery and ranch dressing over medium heat until smooth. Pour evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Heat on low a couple of hours & serve with celery sticks & crackers.

Crock-pot Angel Chicken
Throw the following ingredients into crock-pot:
5-6 large frozen Chicken breasts, or equivalent chicken tenders (Don't need to thaw first. Can use fresh if you want, but I love this recipe because you can just throw things from your freezer into your crockpot!)

1 small tub or block of cream cheese
1 can Campbell's golden mushroom soup  (If you use cream of chicken or something it's not at all the same. This is something I wouldn't substitute unless you have a 'shroom allergy.)
1 packet Italian dressing mix  (just the powder, don't mix it with anything)
1/2 cup white cooking wine or chicken broth
1/4 stick butter
a drizzle of canola oil

Cook in crock on low all day or high about 4 hours. Serve over angel hair pasta or rice.

Crockpot Venison (or steak)
In a crock pot place enough venison for the family. Cover with 1 can of “Golden Mushroom Soup” and 1 envelope “Lipton Onion soup Mix.” Cook for 9 to 10 hours on low. Serve with mashed potatoes. The sauce makes a great gravy.
rainyday6
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 98
Re:Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2009/11/30 05:23:58 (permalink)
Black Bean Soup

10-12 oz dried black bean, picked over and rinsed
1 yellow onion, 1 carrot, 2 celery stalks, 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
4 slices raw bacon
1 T each chopped garlic, cumin seed, chili powder and cocoa powder
1 bay leaf

Cover with water and cook on low until beans are tender, stirring occasionally.  Fish out large chunks of veg/bacon.  Discard bay leaf.  Puree chunks with some beans and add back to soup.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Good with flour tortillas.
UncleVic
Sirloin
Re:Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY. 2009/12/05 12:26:23 (permalink)

Saw this in the paper. Something simple and the only reason I'm adding it is for the sauce recipe.. Gives ya something to work with.

Meatballs

1/2 pound hamburger
1/2 pound ground pork
1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
2 eggs
Salt and pepper to taste

Sauce:
1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard

Combine hamburg, pork, cracker crumbs, eggs and salt and pepper. Roll into balls. Brown.

Combine sauce ingredients. Place in slow cooker with meatballs. Cook on high about 2 hours.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1