The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC!

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 31 to 60 of 178
EatingTheRoad

• Total Posts: 1205
Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Wed, 12/23/09 8:44 PM (permalink)
Welcome Scylla0809, you seem to know your roadfood well! I would love to join those chaps at both as well. I've heard tremendous this about them, the restaurants that is....okay, and maybe the gents as well

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
    Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Wed, 12/23/09 10:12 PM (permalink)
    I'll be pulling into Charleston sometime during the afternoon of Friday the 12th after a week of hitting Roadfood-reviewed places in Kansas City, Oklahoma, Texas, and the Deep South. See y'all at Sweatman's that evening. 

buffetbuster

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Thu, 12/24/09 8:11 AM (permalink)
      nocarolina-
      Bob, you are going to have an epic adventure on this trip.  I am definitely jealous of all the great places you are going to visit and look forward to seeing you in SC!

Sundancer7

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Thu, 12/24/09 7:41 PM (permalink)
        I will driving over on the evening of 2/12/10 and depart Charleston on 2/14/10.  I recall last year in Memphis with people partying all night.  I was in the lobby waiting for the TTM at 5:00AM.  Mistake as he apparently does not rise until much later.  The lobby at the Marriott was incredible with mega folks strolling in after partying all night long.  Valentines day was the event as it will be this year.

I have not decided where I am going to stay but it will probably be in a Marriott facilty downtown.

I doubt if I will arrive in time to do Sweatmans as We will not leave until around 6:00PM on Friday.  That should put us in Charleston around midnight.

I hope some of you will be available for breakfast on Saturday morning.

TTM and Buffet Buster,?  Where will you be staying??

Paul E. Smith
        Knoxville, TN

harriet1954

• Total Posts: 1086
          Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 12/25/09 2:11 PM (permalink)
          Yet another year I can't make it. All of you have a wonderful time, and one day when I don't have such a stupid schedule, you will see me whether you want to or not!

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
            Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 12/25/09 4:32 PM (permalink)
            Well poop Harriet, we'll just have to keep having it until you can join us.  :(

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Sun, 12/27/09 12:37 AM (permalink)
              PP's health has detoriated to the point I've had to cancel our trip to Disney World and this stop on the way home. :(

Still going to try and make NOLA end of March.

buffetbuster

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Mon, 12/28/09 10:46 AM (permalink)
                MikeS.-
                I'm disappointed to read you won't be joining us after all.  I hope PP's health improves and hope to see you again in NOLA.

Paul-
                As of right now, I have reservations at the Sleep Inn, just over the bridge in Mt. Pleasant.  This could change if something better comes along.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
                  • Roadfood Insider
                  Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Mon, 12/28/09 11:12 AM (permalink)
                  BB
                   You will be staying very near to "The Wreck", one of our favorite seafood restaurants in that area. We hope you'll make it a stop on your list...with or without the group.
                  AL

buffetbuster

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Mon, 12/28/09 11:22 AM (permalink)
                    Al-
                    I love The Wreck and have somehow managed to not eat there the last three times I have been to Charleston.  That mistake will NOT be repeated again!

Once again, so much food, so little time.....

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
                      • Roadfood Insider
                      Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Mon, 12/28/09 9:11 PM (permalink)
                      Mike S

Sorry to hear that you and PP won't be joining us. Hoping that everything is well.

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
                        Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Wed, 12/30/09 1:47 PM (permalink)
                        I'm definitely going to come. I'm so excited that there's a Roadfood-related eat and greet that I can finally attend. If any one would like to make a stop at The Wreck, just let me know. That's one of my favorite restaurants in Charleston.

buffetbuster

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Wed, 12/30/09 1:50 PM (permalink)
                          improviser-
                          Glad to hear that you are going to attend!  And would love to eat at The Wreck with you.

Sundancer7

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Wed, 12/30/09 2:25 PM (permalink)
                            buffetbuster

improviser-
                            Glad to hear that you are going to attend!  And would love to eat at The Wreck with you.

BB, I will not be getting into Charleston until Midnight on Friday night.  Perhaps the Wreck for lunch.

I miss Al and his agendae.  Does anyone have an agendae for Saturday?

Thanks
                            Paul

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                              Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Wed, 12/30/09 2:29 PM (permalink)
                              Sundancer7

buffetbuster

improviser-

BB, I will not be getting into Charleston until Midnight on Friday night.  Perhaps the Wreck for lunch.

Thanks
                              Paul

Paul,
                               see Travelin Man's opening thread- that includes the agenda.
                              We'll be going to Gullah Cuisine for lunch on Saturday.
                              The Wreck isn't open for lunch and is also closed on Sundays.

Sundancer7

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Wed, 12/30/09 2:53 PM (permalink)
                                wanderingjew

Sundancer7

buffetbuster

improviser-

Thanks
                                Paul

Paul,
                                 see Travelin Man's opening thread- that includes the agenda.
                                We'll be going to Gullah Cuisine for lunch on Saturday.
                                The Wreck isn't open for lunch and is also closed on Sundays.

OOPS, sorry TTM,  I did not go back that far.  I will try to hook up with some of you when I make my reservation.  I will probably be staying at a Marriott downtown.

Paul E. Smith
                                Knoxville, TN

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
                                  Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Wed, 12/30/09 3:43 PM (permalink)
                                  buffetbuster

improviser-

Thanks, buddy, I'm looking forward to it! It looks like the Wreck's operating hours conflict with the overall schedule. Oh well. Are there any breakfast plans for Saturday or Sunday yet?

carolina bob

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 01/22/10 1:28 AM (permalink)
                                    I just thought that I would bump this thread ( Feb. 12th isn't that far away ) by inquiring as to who's currently planning to attend this event. I'll be there, how about you? Also, have any decisions been made about breakfast on Saturday and Sunday or a possible Sunday lunch?
                                    <message edited by nocarolina on Fri, 01/22/10 1:37 AM>

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                                      Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 01/22/10 2:02 AM (permalink)
                                      I will be posting an update as soon as I can.  I am swamped with work at the moment, but have had quiet discussions with some others. 

I wouldn't look for a formal announcement of plans for breakfasts, as large groups and busy breakfast places on weekends usually don't jive very well.  In the past, most of the breakfasts have been more informal gatherings of folks.  I suppose the breakfast at The Arcade last spring was an exception to that, though, so what the hell do I know?  Still, even that meal was not part of the "official" itinerary for the trip.  Nonetheless, I am sure that there will be some opportunities for breakfast dining (perhaps even multiple opportunities, if you want to be up at the crack of dawn with buffetbuster!) during the weekend.

I do have a working list that includes the people who have posted here, the people who have expressed an interest on the Facebook thread and the people with whom I have exchanged some emails.  I will do my very, very best to get that all up this weekend for review.

I do look forward to seeing you all in just a few weeks!

buffetbuster

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 01/22/10 8:01 AM (permalink)
                                        Wow, this is really sneaking up on us.  I am starting to get excited!  It goes without saying that Johnny and I will be up early each day going out for breakfast, so anyone who wishes to join us would be welcome.

ChiTownDiner

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 01/22/10 8:03 AM (permalink)
                                          Will there be more than one breakfast per day?

buffetbuster

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 01/22/10 8:08 AM (permalink)
                                            CTD-
                                            If are with us, count on it!!!

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                              • Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 01/22/10 8:20 AM (permalink)
                                              ChiTownDiner

Will there be more than one breakfast per day?

http://www.ilovekudu.com/

If you go, I'm hoping you can make this one of them. Ok, the breakfast is nothing special but the coffee is excellent!

Sundancer7

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 01/22/10 2:33 PM (permalink)
                                                Roz and I want to make the trip.  She has a new job and a promotion and the traveling depends on her schedule.  Charleston is one of our favorite cities.  We have been there several times. 
                                                here is Roz's announcment"

Sent: Wed 1/20/2010 4:51 PM
                                                To: Peninsula Hospital
                                                Subject: RN Case Manager

Join me in welcoming Roslyn Robinson as our new RN Case manager assigned to Unit
                                                B.   She will be coordinating overall patient care with all parties, i.e. MDs,
                                                nurses, PCs, therapists, and discharge planners keeping the utilization review
                                                considerations in mind.  In coordinating patient care she will be assuring every
                                                thing has been completed with proper documentation, as well as working with the
                                                team to ensure a safe discharge plan.  She will coordinate the treatment team on
                                                that unit, communicate to families, if needed, to discuss issues with
                                                medications or any topics the therapists think a nurse should handle. Another
                                                goal would be to coordinate the care with the team as it relates to completing
                                                the discharge process in a timely manner. 

Roslyn, as many of you know, has been a nurse on Unit B and has been a "bright
                                                spot" for that unit.  She brings to this role a Masters in Business
                                                Administration along with extensive management and professional experiences.  We
                                                are so excited she will help us develop this role here at Peninsula and ensure
                                                quality care for our patients. 

Roslyn will begin orientation visiting Park West and Fort Sanders to review  the
                                                role of the RN case mangers there, as well as rotating through various
                                                departments here to ensure a complete knowledge of the business/admissions
                                                process and it's role with patient care.  She should be on the unit in the role
                                                February 8, 2010.  Join me in welcoming Roslyn !!!!

-----------------------------------------
                                                This E-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
                                                intended only for the use of the Individual(s) named above.  If you
                                                are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, or the employee or
                                                agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
                                                are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this
                                                E-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this E-mail in
                                                error, please immediately notify us at (865)374-4900 or notify us
                                                by E-mail at hdesk@covhlth.com
                                                .AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}  
                                                If we are fortunate enough to make the trip, I look forward to dining with all our friends.

Paul E. Smith
                                                Knoxville, TN
                                                <message edited by Sundancer7 on Fri, 01/22/10 2:38 PM>

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
                                                  • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 01/22/10 3:25 PM (permalink)
                                                  Congratulations ROZ,
                                                    This is very good news. We hope you enjoy your chance to celebrate in Charleston. Regards to the RF folks who make the trip.
                                                  AL

ChiTownDiner

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 01/22/10 4:07 PM (permalink)
                                                    Congratulations to Roz!!!  Great to hear!

carolina bob

Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Fri, 01/22/10 7:58 PM (permalink)
                                                      CTD, you haven't mentioned on this thread whether or not you'll be joining us in Charleston. Can we count on seeing you next month? And if so, will brother Kerry be with you? We hope that you both can make it; we already have to carry on without our Mayor at this gathering, so we sure don't want any more no-shows. 

Louis

• Total Posts: 713
                                                        • Location: Henderson, KY
                                                        Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Sun, 01/31/10 9:03 AM (permalink)
                                                        Count me down and a travelling companion for all three events.  If I can't make it to Sweatman's for some unforeseen reason, I'll certainly make it for the other two events.

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                                          Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Sun, 01/31/10 5:58 PM (permalink)
                                                          Louis

I'm glad you can make it. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
                                                            • Location: Columbia, SC
                                                            Re:February 2010 Glee Club Meeting - CHARLESTON, SC! Sun, 01/31/10 6:42 PM (permalink)
                                                            Okay, I have a newbie question.  I know I'm supposed to bring a Hawaiian shirt, and I'm under the impression I'm supposed to bring local food goodies of some sort for some sort of white elephant thing?  Is there anything else I'm supposed to do?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 31 to 60 of 178

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com