Fells Point (Baltimore)

Author
ChrisOC
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 995
2009/07/12 12:48:39 (permalink)

Fells Point (Baltimore)

Ms. OC and I discovered Fells Point years ago and enjoyed several visits to the Farmer's Market and the interesting shops in the neighborhood.
On a trip there yesterday, however we found the two building of the farmer's market 90% vacant.  Many of the shops and eateries in the area were closed as well.  I guess Fells Point is not as popular as it once was.  We did find a nice place to have lunch, so the trip wasn't a total loss. We didn't want to visit any of the local taverns were the outside menus listed burgers at $15.00 so we came across Jimmy's

The specials and prices looked good to us.

But we decided to order from the regular menu.  Ms. OC had the Talapia Sandwich on toasted rye bread, with lettuce tomato and tartar sauce.  The fish was moist and tender and the breading was nicely seasoned, and there was certainly enough of it! 

I went for the grilled rueben, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was NOT served open faced and drowning thousand island dressing.  It was nicely grilled and the edges of the corned beef that were outside of the bread were nice and crunchy

The fries were a little pale for me, but they were good.

All this for just a bit more than one of those tavern burgers!

I wouldn't recommend a trip to Baltimore to eat here, but if you find yourself at Fells Point, Jimmy's is on Broadway near the water, just at the end of the old markets.

Chris

post edited by ChrisOC - 2009/07/12 12:50:49

2 Replies Related Threads

ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8336
    Re:Fells Point (Baltimore) 2009/07/12 13:02:58 (permalink)
    Looks good! And I agree on the reuben-I hate when it is loaded with 1000 island dressing.Good find!
    Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3778
    Re:Fells Point (Baltimore) 2009/07/14 18:05:25 (permalink)
    Looks yummy!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1