FireHouse Subs

Author
QFan
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 642
2006/02/23 18:54:47 (permalink)

FireHouse Subs

Any roadfooders care to comment on FireHouse subs? One is just opening in our area.

QFan
Bonita Springs, FL

3 Replies Related Threads

BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: FireHouse Subs 2006/02/23 19:24:57 (permalink)
    They have gotten a mention in a few other threads, but I'll repeat myself. I've eaten in one location--in Daytona across from the Speedway--and it was a positive experience. I had a meatball sub, not my "test sub" of choice (for that, I'd probably go with cold cuts), but it's what I wanted at the time and I enjoyed it. FireHouse's trademark seems to be to have a large number of hotsauces lined up (in supposed order of hotness) on the counter for customers to use and I put what they claimed was the second hottest on my meatball. I not only lived, I liked the result.
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    RE: FireHouse Subs 2006/02/23 19:50:37 (permalink)
    One was just opened up in the past six months or so in the city where I work. Definitely better than Quizno's or Subway. My sub was good; but still rather blaah, even with the choice of pepper sauces available as BT mentioned above. Much better choices for me are only one block away. If I want a cold sub, I go to Publix and have same with my choice of fixin's with Boars Head meats, etc. If I want a hot calzone style sub, I'll go to Hungry Howie's. Not at all saying Firehouse isn't good; but at least for me in this particular instance; better choices are available.
    dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: FireHouse Subs 2006/02/25 16:43:23 (permalink)
    This is another one of those places that if you look at it as a sandwich shop is rather good but as a "sub" shop it falls way short. The few times I've eaten at firehouse the sandwichs were tasty but I wouldn't travel far off my route to find one.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1