The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Firearm lovers.

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 42, messages 271 to 300 of 1251
Author Message
chicagostyledog

  • Total Posts: 3218
  • Joined: 9/10/2003
  • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
RE: Firearm lovers. Tue, 09/4/07 9:14 PM (permalink)
Mike, congratulations on your recent Ruger. John, that new Taurus Judge will be the best home self defense weapon of all time. I want two in blue: one for the home and one for the car.
 
    MikeS.

    • Total Posts: 5360
    • Joined: 7/1/2003
    • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Firearm lovers. Sat, 09/8/07 4:37 AM (permalink)
    Heading for a big gun show in Harrisburg, Pa in a couple hours. Only the Shadow knows what I'll be bringing home.

    I'm also going to go out to Amish country for supper, will report back later.

    MikeS.
     
      MikeS.

      • Total Posts: 5360
      • Joined: 7/1/2003
      • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
      • Roadfood Insider
      RE: Firearm lovers. Sun, 09/9/07 10:35 AM (permalink)
      The gun show was good, they had a lot of sellers there. I was kinda looking for a Marlin Camp 45, a carbine which fires the .45auto round. I was also thinking about an XD 9mm sub-compact. I saw a total of 2 XDs, neither of which I was interested in and 0 Camp 45s.

      I did get to see a lot of other fine firearms including several full auto Tommy guns.

      I wound up buying a bunch of ammo. They had some decent prices by today's standards.

      The Amish country meal was a bit of a bust. Oh well.
       
        MikeS.

        • Total Posts: 5360
        • Joined: 7/1/2003
        • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: Firearm lovers. Thu, 09/13/07 8:14 AM (permalink)
        I bought a 1950s vintage Marlin model 39A (.22lr) last month that came with a very cheap 3/4" scope. I took that scope off and found that the rear sight was gone. So I took it down to a local smith to get the receiver drilled and tapped for a Weaver style mount. I finally get to pick it up this afternoon. I'll take it out to the range tomorrow and see if it can shoot.

        MikeS.
         
          chicagostyledog

          • Total Posts: 3218
          • Joined: 9/10/2003
          • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
          RE: Firearm lovers. Sun, 10/7/07 12:04 AM (permalink)
          Took a road trip to Cabela's this evening and picked up a Desantis SOB (swell of back) holster for my S&W 340pd.

          CSD
           
            MikeS.

            • Total Posts: 5360
            • Joined: 7/1/2003
            • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: Firearm lovers. Sun, 10/14/07 2:38 PM (permalink)
            CSD, buy it! I have 1 of those now and love it. I'll post a pic of my 1st 8 rounds out of the XD 9mm SC in a minute.

            MikeS.
             
              MikeS.

              • Total Posts: 5360
              • Joined: 7/1/2003
              • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
              • Roadfood Insider
              RE: Firearm lovers. Sun, 10/14/07 2:45 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by MikeS.

              CSD, buy it! I have 1 of those now and love it. I'll post a pic of my 1st 8 rounds out of the XD 9mm SC in a minute.
              MikeS.


              CSD, here is the 1st 8 shots out of mine, along with Ava who shot the other 2 rounds.



              Now the other holes are from a .22 we shot earlier.
               
                Oneiron339

                • Total Posts: 2075
                • Joined: 2/13/2002
                • Location: Marietta, GA
                RE: Firearm lovers. Mon, 10/15/07 7:20 AM (permalink)
                Buy another - put pink grips on it and give it to her.
                 
                  CajunKing

                  • Total Posts: 6317
                  • Joined: 7/6/2006
                  • Location: Live at Saint Clair
                  • Roadfood Insider
                  RE: Firearm lovers. Mon, 10/15/07 1:01 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by MikeS.

                  quote:
                  Originally posted by MikeS.

                  CSD, buy it! I have 1 of those now and love it. I'll post a pic of my 1st 8 rounds out of the XD 9mm SC in a minute.
                  MikeS.


                  CSD, here is the 1st 8 shots out of mine, along with Ava who shot the other 2 rounds.



                  Now the other holes are from a .22 we shot earlier.


                  Oh sure Mike, Blame Ava for the 2 shots out.
                   
                    MikeS.

                    • Total Posts: 5360
                    • Joined: 7/1/2003
                    • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    RE: Firearm lovers. Mon, 10/15/07 2:37 PM (permalink)
                    Darn it! Ya caught me! Those 2 were wayyyy out. But hay, my 6 yr old loves to go shooting with me.
                     
                      chicagostyledog

                      • Total Posts: 3218
                      • Joined: 9/10/2003
                      • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
                      RE: Firearm lovers. Mon, 10/15/07 11:29 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by Oneiron339

                      Buy another - put pink grips on it and give it to her.


                      We both like these on the stainless finish 66.
                       
                        Oneiron339

                        • Total Posts: 2075
                        • Joined: 2/13/2002
                        • Location: Marietta, GA
                        RE: Firearm lovers. Tue, 10/16/07 7:12 AM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by chicagostyledog

                        quote:
                        Originally posted by Oneiron339

                        Buy another - put pink grips on it and give it to her.


                        We both like these on the stainless finish 66.


                        General Patton revisited!
                         
                          chicagostyledog

                          • Total Posts: 3218
                          • Joined: 9/10/2003
                          • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
                          RE: Firearm lovers. Tue, 10/16/07 9:50 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by Oneiron339
                          General Patton revisited!


                          Patton's pearl handled Colt .45 exact replica.
                           
                            John A

                            • Total Posts: 4295
                            • Joined: 1/27/2006
                            • Location: Daytona Beach, FL
                            RE: Firearm lovers. Wed, 11/7/07 4:58 PM (permalink)
                            Just picked this up for $385.00. It has a Ruger synthetic stock and a Ruger 30 round magazine.


                             
                              KOK

                              • Total Posts: 333
                              • Joined: 4/26/2006
                              • Location: Westminster, MD
                              RE: Firearm lovers. Thu, 11/8/07 12:35 PM (permalink)
                              Excellent purchase!!

                              Is it the mini 14 or the mini 30 (demerits to me for not be able to tell from the pic).

                              The synthetic/stainless mini-14 is my next purchase, which I hope will be soon, esp. as it wouldn't surprise me if the People's Republic of Maryland bans it as an assault rifle.

                              Thanks,

                              Kevin

                               
                                John A

                                • Total Posts: 4295
                                • Joined: 1/27/2006
                                • Location: Daytona Beach, FL
                                RE: Firearm lovers. Thu, 11/8/07 12:51 PM (permalink)
                                quote:
                                Originally posted by KOK

                                Excellent purchase!!

                                Is it the mini 14 or the mini 30 (demerits to me for not be able to tell from the pic).

                                The synthetic/stainless mini-14 is my next purchase, which I hope will be soon, esp. as it wouldn't surprise me if the People's Republic of Maryland bans it as an assault rifle.

                                Thanks,

                                Kevin




                                Hi Kevin,

                                Mini 14. It was an LEO trade in, dealer had about 35 of them. Myself and a couple of LEO buddies bought three so we got a pretty good price, especially with the Ruger 30 round magazine. Did you ever get that Bersa?
                                 
                                  KOK

                                  • Total Posts: 333
                                  • Joined: 4/26/2006
                                  • Location: Westminster, MD
                                  RE: Firearm lovers. Thu, 11/8/07 1:12 PM (permalink)
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by John A
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by KOK
                                  Excellent purchase!!

                                  Is it the mini 14 or the mini 30 (demerits to me for not be able to tell from the pic).

                                  The synthetic/stainless mini-14 is my next purchase, which I hope will be soon, esp. as it wouldn't surprise me if the People's Republic of Maryland bans it as an assault rifle.

                                  Thanks,

                                  Kevin
                                  Hi Kevin,

                                  Mini 14. It was an LEO trade in, dealer had about 35 of them. Myself and a couple of LEO buddies bought three so we got a pretty good price, especially with the Ruger 30 round magazine. Did you ever get that Bersa?
                                  Hi John,

                                  I didn't get the Bersa (yet), as I saw a double barrel coach gun in a Dunham's near Pittsburgh for $189.00 and snaggged it. While it is a relatively cheap import, the finish is good and the action is smooth. It has the short barrels and the rabbit ear cockable hammers for that Gabby Hayes / OK Corral look.

                                  It made quite a racket whern I fired it at an indoor range and everyone came over to look at it.

                                  Until I do get the Bersa, the 7-shot Taurus .357 will have to suffice.

                                  Thanks,

                                  Kevin
                                   
                                    MikeS.

                                    • Total Posts: 5360
                                    • Joined: 7/1/2003
                                    • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                    RE: Firearm lovers. Thu, 11/8/07 9:51 PM (permalink)
                                    Nice John! I had a mini-30 until I left Calif and my buddy talked me out of it. 385 is a great price too.
                                     
                                      chicagostyledog

                                      • Total Posts: 3218
                                      • Joined: 9/10/2003
                                      • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
                                      RE: Firearm lovers. Wed, 11/28/07 9:24 PM (permalink)
                                      It's the season of giving and I'm thinking of giving myself another gun. It's a toss. I don't own any semi-autos and a Springfield Armory XD has been atop my wish list. OTOH, I'm addicted to Smith & Wesson revolvers. The N frames with the wood grips are my favorites. I'm hooked on the model 27, a large frame, 5 inch, 357 mag.


                                      CSD
                                       
                                        Oneiron339

                                        • Total Posts: 2075
                                        • Joined: 2/13/2002
                                        • Location: Marietta, GA
                                        RE: Firearm lovers. Thu, 11/29/07 7:17 AM (permalink)
                                        quote:
                                        Originally posted by chicagostyledog

                                        It's the season of giving and I'm thinking of giving myself another gun. It's a toss. I don't own any semi-autos and a Springfield Armory XD has been atop my wish list. OTOH, I'm addicted to Smith & Wesson revolvers. The N frames with the wood grips are my favorites. I'm hooked on the model 27, a large frame, 5 inch, 357 mag.


                                        CSD

                                        Make me an offer for a M57 .41 Mag 4" blue, virtually brand new, only one box of shells thru it.
                                         
                                          callmebruce

                                          • Total Posts: 193
                                          • Joined: 1/11/2007
                                          • Location: Marietta, GA
                                          RE: Firearm lovers. Thu, 11/29/07 2:31 PM (permalink)
                                          I took two of my kids out to Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center in Madison GA on my birthday. We had a fun day.

                                          Pics are here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bruce.griffis/CharlieElliott

                                          One pic is of a small man-made lake. The drought has hit it hard! The second picture of another man-made lake on the other side of the dam. Still okay, but down. A third pic is of my 18 year old son with his grand-dad's sporterized Remington 30-06. He did good with the iron sites! He also used a little bolt-action 22, and did well with that.

                                          The fourth pic is of my youngest son. We checked out the archery trail. There's a loop with 20 3D targets. We had fun. I didn't hit any targets, and we managed to lose or break all the arrows (we dusted off my wifes archery set - it's a good 35-40 years old).

                                          We picked up a bunch more arrows and will do the archery loop again when it warms up a bit.
                                           
                                            chicagostyledog

                                            • Total Posts: 3218
                                            • Joined: 9/10/2003
                                            • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
                                            RE: Firearm lovers. Thu, 11/29/07 11:27 PM (permalink)
                                            quote:
                                            Originally posted by Oneiron339

                                            quote:
                                            Originally posted by chicagostyledog

                                            It's the season of giving and I'm thinking of giving myself another gun. It's a toss. I don't own any semi-autos and a Springfield Armory XD has been atop my wish list. OTOH, I'm addicted to Smith & Wesson revolvers. The N frames with the wood grips are my favorites. I'm hooked on the model 27, a large frame, 5 inch, 357 mag.


                                            CSD

                                            Make me an offer for a M57 .41 Mag 4" blue, virtually brand new, only one box of shells thru it.


                                            Thanks for the offer. My 29 and your 57 are the same gun, different caliber. The .41 packs a good punch, while I can use 44sp for target practice with mild, if any recoil. I had the opportunity to find that new 27 at a gun store this afternoon. I wasn't impressed. The store also had a 27-2 6.5." It was 99% and built much better than the new 27. I still want a 5" 27 and have found one in LNIB condition.

                                            CSD
                                             
                                              sop that

                                              • Total Posts: 155
                                              • Joined: 7/5/2005
                                              • Location: Huntington Beach, CA
                                              RE: Firearm lovers. Fri, 11/30/07 8:46 PM (permalink)
                                              Great deal on the mini 14's, I got one because Califoria banned the AR15 and I wanted a 223.
                                               
                                                sop that

                                                • Total Posts: 155
                                                • Joined: 7/5/2005
                                                • Location: Huntington Beach, CA
                                                RE: Firearm lovers. Fri, 11/30/07 8:50 PM (permalink)
                                                What did you think of the Republican answers to the question asked about what guns do you own?
                                                 
                                                  MikeS.

                                                  • Total Posts: 5360
                                                  • Joined: 7/1/2003
                                                  • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  RE: Firearm lovers. Sun, 12/2/07 7:02 AM (permalink)
                                                  Hey CSD, don't turn away from the XD, they are some very nice shooting semi-autos. But then again the M27/28 is a very nice wheel gun. The heavy frame really soaks up the recoil. My m27 has a great trigger pull right out of the box. That was about 30 years ago.

                                                  MikeS.
                                                   
                                                    MikeS.

                                                    • Total Posts: 5360
                                                    • Joined: 7/1/2003
                                                    • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    RE: Firearm lovers. Sun, 12/2/07 7:02 AM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by sop that

                                                    What did you think of the Republican answers to the question asked about what guns do you own?


                                                    What are you refering to?
                                                     
                                                      John A

                                                      • Total Posts: 4295
                                                      • Joined: 1/27/2006
                                                      • Location: Daytona Beach, FL
                                                      RE: Firearm lovers. Mon, 12/3/07 5:25 PM (permalink)
                                                      A buddy called yesterday morning about going to the range. I had not planned on it but decided to meet him there. Got into
                                                      a conversation with the guy next to me about the Ruger 10/22 he was shooting, turns out he wanted to sell it. I bought it for
                                                      $150.00 as is, glad I went to the range yesterday.






                                                       
                                                        MikeS.

                                                        • Total Posts: 5360
                                                        • Joined: 7/1/2003
                                                        • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
                                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                                        RE: Firearm lovers. Wed, 12/5/07 9:35 AM (permalink)
                                                        Nice deal John, what are the specs on this new find?
                                                         
                                                          John A

                                                          • Total Posts: 4295
                                                          • Joined: 1/27/2006
                                                          • Location: Daytona Beach, FL
                                                          RE: Firearm lovers. Thu, 12/6/07 7:45 AM (permalink)
                                                          Hi Mike,

                                                          Right now it's a standard carbine model. By the time I get done sinking $500.00 or so into it I'll have turned a $150.00 gun into a $650.00 gun, or thereabouts.
                                                           
                                                            MiamiDon

                                                            RE: Firearm lovers. Mon, 12/31/07 9:13 AM (permalink)
                                                            quote:
                                                            Originally posted by John A

                                                            A buddy called yesterday morning about going to the range. I had not planned on it but decided to meet him there. Got into
                                                            a conversation with the guy next to me about the Ruger 10/22 he was shooting, turns out he wanted to sell it. I bought it for
                                                            $150.00 as is, glad I went to the range yesterday.








                                                            Oh, wow. They make a stainless model? Is that a synthetic stock?

                                                            I inherited (sort of) a blued one, and I haven't really done anything with it.
                                                             
                                                              Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 42, messages 271 to 300 of 1251

                                                              Jump to:

                                                              Current active users

                                                              There are 0 members and 4 guests.

                                                              Icon Legend and Permission

                                                              • New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

                                                              2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com