2013/08/21 15:51:35 (permalink)

Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck

A food trucks worse nightmare

http://www.theatlanticwir...k/67792/?oref=obinsite

8 Replies Related Threads

1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4625
    Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck 2013/08/21 18:33:14 (permalink)
    Why is it a nightmare? $170 and no tip? I'd be pissed too.
    FriedClamFanatic
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1671
    Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck 2013/08/21 20:35:42 (permalink)
    Much ado about nothing......and the company should be ashamed for even responding as it did.  Guees I'll keep my massive funds where they are.....and keep on tipping good fooders.
    KurtSara
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 183
    Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck 2013/08/21 20:37:40 (permalink)
    1bbqboy

Why is it a nightmare? $170 and no tip? I'd be pissed too.

Our food is priced accordingly, we do not have a tip jar nor do we expect a tip.
    We do get some tips, but I could care less if they don't tip.
    Rcoy
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 97
    Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck 2013/08/21 23:54:34 (permalink)
    I assume you own the establishment, where the individual in question was an employee.
    fishscale28
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 247
    Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck 2013/08/22 00:59:23 (permalink)
    I pay all my employees well enough to where tips are an added benefit.  We don't pay on server's wage so anyone is depending on tips to make their money...if they don't get tipped well enough then it should be water under the bridge...it happens...if they're dependent on tips then bartending should be what they're looking for not a food truck...but REGARDLESS! - hospitality says bitching about a tip is a no-no...ever.
    daddywoofdawg
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 299
    Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck 2013/08/22 13:36:01 (permalink)
    tipping is a choice not required!yes they should of tipped, but to dis a customer because they didn't, I would of fired him too.
    bartl
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1311
    Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck 2013/08/22 14:14:43 (permalink)
    At one point, years ago, I drove a limo/car service part time. Whenever the service wanted to try an experiment, I would be the tester. As lunchtime was the deadest part of the day, they tried having me do food deliveries during that period. I was paid per hour + tips (that and the fact that I was the one who was used for experiments were not unrelated). In any case, there WERE customers who were very cheap, or non-existent, with tips. This was particularly annoying to me when I had to make a long trip, and/or the order was very large. In any case, I would never have dreamed of publicly announcing what had happened. I told my manager and the food provider, and let them deal with (or choose not to deal with) the customer as they saw fit.

This is true for waitstaff, as well. If a customer fails to tip, or leaves a very small tip, then the manager should be informed; the manager should then, if possible, ask the customer if there were any problems. If the customer says no AND asks why, then and only then should the tip be mentioned.

Bart
    roadkillgrill
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 179
    Re:Fired for Embarrassing a Food Truck Writes Article Embarrassing Food Truck 2013/08/24 01:29:38 (permalink)
    Agreed,  KurtSara & fishscale, we don't allow a tip jar either. The only time a jar has gone out, it's to raise money for a cause. I pay my employees very well and any employee that uses social media in that matter will be fired on the spot before flour and hit the floor. This is why we have employment agreements. You spend time and money building a clientele for some employee to take that away from you in one tweet.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1