The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

First post and first trailer build

emandm

• Total Posts: 8
First post and first trailer build Wed, 05/16/12 8:27 PM (permalink)
First of all thanks to all of you who post ideas and builds....I hope that I can return the knowledge someday.  I purchased a used trailer 6 months ago and have been re- working it whenever time allows.  My first question is with the gas line and regulator.  I have 3/4" pipe throughout and the 2 burner griddle, 2 burner grill and 4 burner stove all have regulators.  My 115,00 btu fryer has 3/4" pipe but no regulator.  The manufacturer said just to use a step down or 2 stage regulator at the tank.  All of the propane dealers in my area do not deal with this or do not want to.  My question is which 2 stage regulator do I need and what does that do to the other regulators.  Also....maybe  a dumb question but if the fryer is first in line, what keeps it from starving appliances down the line.  I will have a 100 lb tank and 3/4'' line from regulator...thanks in advance  Mike

PurpleCheetah

• Total Posts: 151
    Re:First post and first trailer build Thu, 05/17/12 5:43 PM (permalink)
    Hello Eman welcome to roadfood, I am not a professional by any means ( other than cooking ) so I can not answer your question ( don't want to give you wrong info ) I contacted several RV stores and have been sold RV's more times than I can count because I go back to them often to get "intell"...no intention to buy but I am learning off their systems on how things work... you might try to visit one in your area if it's not to far away.

Also do a search here for propane, gas lines, propane lines, etc. and see what you come up with I have ran across several articles here about the subject and many of the builds do have pics of their line runs.
    Best of luck can't wait to see your build underway.

PC

PurpleCheetah

• Total Posts: 151
      Re:First post and first trailer build Thu, 05/17/12 5:53 PM (permalink)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com