Fish Sandwich

Author
iceberg57
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/09/05 09:07:43 (permalink)

Fish Sandwich

Small, out of the way town on the Potomac river in Virginia's northern neck. Colonial Beach. Small little bakery 'Sweet Tastin Bakery' fresh doughnuts and layer cakes, but they serve one sandwich, they call it the Jumbo Fish. Noteworthy. if your ever in the area its a must try. It took about 15mins to get my first one after ordering on a friends recommendation. Well worth the wait though. A very simple sandwich was offered across the counter in an open styro container by the baker for approval before closing the lid. full container of freshly fried fish fillets (croaker i think) with one piece of wonder as a lonely crown. The other piece of bread was hidden under the pile of fillets. small plastic cups of homemade tarter and some hot sauce were tucked along side. An attempt to close the container was asking too much of the styro box as it split in several places trying to house this mass of hot fish. $4.50 in this day and age is amazing, and on top of that the baker asked if I liked carrot cake. I indicated that I did and he handed me a clear plastic cup with his newest 'creation' a carrot cake parfait. Layers of carrot cake and fluffy whipped cream cheese frosting. told me it was something new he was trying and to let him know how I liked it the next time through. truly refreshing experience and Awesome fish Sammy. If you ever pass through or visit this out of the way 'scruffy' little river town, stop in the bakery for one of these steaming delights! Ill try and get a pic of the next one and post.

6 Replies Related Threads

sandrew834
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 53
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Fish Sandwich 2013/08/23 04:41:26 (permalink)
    This fish sandwich looks light and delicious. I am very anxious to try it. I always eat Cole slaw with my fish sandwich.I will be making this recipe this weekend! I do sometimes get a fish sandwich from restaurants, it never leaves me satisfied.
    brisketboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1091
    Re:Fish Sandwich 2013/08/23 08:52:38 (permalink)
    I go to Colonial Beach quite a bit when I have to work at Dahlgren. Haven't been there in some time but please tell me where in Colonial Beach this place is. The only place I can think of is that strip mall where everything seems to be.
    ScreamingChicken
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4978
    edwardfranklin
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 18
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Fish Sandwich 2013/09/26 04:37:28 (permalink)
    I loved Fish :) after i reading your recipes i am decided to make this recipe Yummy :D 

Thanks For Sharing :D  
    marteenhook
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 35
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Fish Sandwich 2013/10/02 00:55:51 (permalink)
    I really like fish sandwich.  I mostly prefer grilled fish sandwiches.

Davebassman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 163
    Re:Fish Sandwich 2013/10/02 10:03:14 (permalink)
    Love fish sandwiches! That place in Colonial Beach sounds great. A bit out of the way for me, but might get the wife interested in a day trip to Northern Neck this fall and get a fish sandwich for lunch.
    There is (was) a local vendor called "Southern Fish Fry" that used to come to the Herndon Festival and sold fish sandwiches similer to the ones mentioned here. While most festival goers would be enjoying their "chicken on a stick", "pseudo" cheese steaks, etc., I would sit down to fried white fish between two slices of white bread, a dash of hot sauce and a cold beer!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1