The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

 Five Guys Burgers Joint

Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 91 to 120 of 147
Author Message
MiamiDon

RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Wed, 11/5/08 8:52 AM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by NebGuy

Now, Now Greymo. He only has 11 posts on this thread.

So far....


 
#91
    leethebard

    • Total Posts: 6071
    • Joined: 8/16/2007
    • Location: brick, NJ
    RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Wed, 11/5/08 9:39 AM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by MiamiDon

    quote:
    Originally posted by NebGuy

    Now, Now Greymo. He only has 11 posts on this thread.

    So far....






    Ya know...one thing I noticed about some ...if you enjoy or love something others disagree with...you must have an agenda...a pr man...I've noticed Greymo and Miami Don...your name over and over again on some threads....I don't believe you're a pr( as a matter of fact I enjoy your posts and what you have to say...that's what I love about Roadfood!!!)....I love good pizza,but I'm NOT a spokesman for the pizza industry...I've raved about Shickhaus hotdogs...but I have nothing to do with that company....fact is a 5 Guys opened in our area recently...I had heard about them on threads around here....decided to try them...and loved my hamburger, and especially their fries!!!! My family and I have been back several times...my kids love them and enjoy eating there...that's my connection...as some may know from previous posts, I'm a retired school teacher who loves good food...and enjoys talking good food...THAT'S it!
     
    #92
      David_NYC

      • Total Posts: 2162
      • Joined: 8/1/2004
      • Location: New York, NY
      RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Wed, 11/5/08 10:03 AM (permalink)
      I looked at the threads on Five Guys, getting them from the list compiled by MiamiDon on page 1 of this thread. A lot of them do read like advertising, even if they were written by a local patron who had just found Roadfood.com. Unfortunately, some of the threads degenerated into unpleasantness. I would hope the moderators either delete any new threads on Five Guys, or lock them with a referral to MiamiDon's list.
       
      #93
        porkbeaks

        • Total Posts: 2201
        • Joined: 5/6/2005
        • Location: Hoschton/Braselton, GA
        RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Wed, 11/5/08 10:07 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by leethebard

        Ya know...one thing I noticed about some ...if you enjoy or love something others disagree with...you must have an agenda...a pr man...I've noticed Greymo and Miami Don...your name over and over again on some threads....I don't believe you're a pr( as a matter of fact I enjoy your posts and what you have to say...that's what I love about Roadfood!!!)....I love good pizza,but I'm NOT a spokesman for the pizza industry...I've raved about Shickhaus hotdogs...but I have nothing to do with that company....fact is a 5 Guys opened in our area recently...I had heard about them on threads around here....decided to try them...and loved my hamburger, and especially their fries!!!! My family and I have been back several times...my kids love them and enjoy eating there...that's my connection...as some may know from previous posts, I'm a retired school teacher who loves good food...and enjoys talking good food...THAT'S it!


        I'm with you, Lee. I think 5 Guys puts out a superior burger. I've eaten at 2 and, other than preferring them a little less well-done, have thought they were juicy and flavorful. pb

        "Any fool can criticize, and many of them do."
        - Archbishop C. Garbett

         
        #94
          Michael Hoffman

          • Total Posts: 17810
          • Joined: 7/1/2000
          • Location: Gahanna, OH
          RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Wed, 11/5/08 10:07 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by leethebard

          quote:
          Originally posted by MiamiDon

          quote:
          Originally posted by NebGuy

          Now, Now Greymo. He only has 11 posts on this thread.

          So far....






          Ya know...one thing I noticed about some ...if you enjoy or love something others disagree with...you must have an agenda...a pr man...I've noticed Greymo and Miami Don...your name over and over again on some threads....I don't believe you're a pr( as a matter of fact I enjoy your posts and what you have to say...that's what I love about Roadfood!!!)....I love good pizza,but I'm NOT a spokesman for the pizza industry...I've raved about Shickhaus hotdogs...but I have nothing to do with that company....fact is a 5 Guys opened in our area recently...I had heard about them on threads around here....decided to try them...and loved my hamburger, and especially their fries!!!! My family and I have been back several times...my kids love them and enjoy eating there...that's my connection...as some may know from previous posts, I'm a retired school teacher who loves good food...and enjoys talking good food...THAT'S it!

          12
           
          #95
            leethebard

            • Total Posts: 6071
            • Joined: 8/16/2007
            • Location: brick, NJ
            RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Wed, 11/5/08 10:56 AM (permalink)
            Posts This one thread by Michael Hoffman: 19...do you work for a competing burger company?????...oh an that's 13 posts by me!!!!!!
             
            #96
              leethebard

              • Total Posts: 6071
              • Joined: 8/16/2007
              • Location: brick, NJ
              RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Wed, 11/5/08 10:58 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by porkbeaks

              quote:
              Originally posted by leethebard

              Ya know...one thing I noticed about some ...if you enjoy or love something others disagree with...you must have an agenda...a pr man...I've noticed Greymo and Miami Don...your name over and over again on some threads....I don't believe you're a pr( as a matter of fact I enjoy your posts and what you have to say...that's what I love about Roadfood!!!)....I love good pizza,but I'm NOT a spokesman for the pizza industry...I've raved about Shickhaus hotdogs...but I have nothing to do with that company....fact is a 5 Guys opened in our area recently...I had heard about them on threads around here....decided to try them...and loved my hamburger, and especially their fries!!!! My family and I have been back several times...my kids love them and enjoy eating there...that's my connection...as some may know from previous posts, I'm a retired school teacher who loves good food...and enjoys talking good food...THAT'S it!


              I'm with you, Lee. I think 5 Guys puts out a superior burger. I've eaten at 2 and, other than preferring them a little less well-done, have thought they were juicy and flavorful. pb

              "Any fool can criticize, and many of them do."
              - Archbishop C. Garbett




              Thanks Porkbeaks for showing I'm not the only one who likes this fresh meat burger with great fries!!!!!.......Oh that's 14...I'm still waiting from the 5 Guys franchise for some promo work!!!!!
               
              #97
                Michael Hoffman

                • Total Posts: 17810
                • Joined: 7/1/2000
                • Location: Gahanna, OH
                RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Wed, 11/5/08 11:05 AM (permalink)
                Nope. I work for myself. I just don't eat hamburgers that are burned to perfection.
                 
                #98
                  leethebard

                  • Total Posts: 6071
                  • Joined: 8/16/2007
                  • Location: brick, NJ
                  RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Wed, 11/5/08 11:21 AM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

                  Nope. I work for myself. I just don't eat hamburgers that are burned to perfection.


                  Then let's agree to diasagree and move on....ps...for what it's worth I very often enjoy what you have to say on these forums!!
                  Lee
                   
                  #99
                    roossy90

                    • Total Posts: 6695
                    • Joined: 8/15/2005
                    • Location: columbus, oh
                    RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Wed, 11/5/08 10:16 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

                    Nope. I work for myself. I just don't eat hamburgers that are burned to perfection.

                    And squished to death.
                     
                      Greymo

                      • Total Posts: 3661
                      • Joined: 11/30/2005
                      • Location: Marriottsville, MD
                      RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Wed, 11/5/08 10:34 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by roossy90

                      quote:
                      Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

                      Nope. I work for myself. I just don't eat hamburgers that are burned to perfection.

                      And squished to death.


                      Rossy I agree with you. A "sqished hamburger" is never going to taste right. Been there, done that, and never will I ever spent another dollar at this chain.
                       
                        MiamiDon

                        RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Thu, 11/6/08 11:15 AM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by leethebard


                        Ya know...one thing I noticed about some ...if you enjoy or love something others disagree with...you must have an agenda...a pr man...


                        I don't think that you have "an agenda" or are "a pr man" Lee. No offense meant. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I just found your enthusiasm for Five Guys to be amusing.

                        I have only been to a Five Guys Burgers and Fries once, and it was an annoying experience, starting with the fact that I had to pay for parking. I think that their burgers are worlds better than McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and Checker's (which are about all we have here excepting table-service restaurants), but the burgers ARE squished (I watched), and the fries I got, while fresh and natural, were greasy and limp.

                        I still would go to Five Guys once and a while if there was a convenient one in the areas of town where I buy lunch. Unfortunately, there is just the one in the pay-for-parking congested Midtown Miami Shopping Center area, and another one in a bad-traffic, poor parking, out-of-my-way location (Kendall Drive and 107 Ave for those who know the area).

                        I wish that we had Original Tommy's or In-N-Out locations here. They are fast-food burger places that do not pre-cook and hold frozen burgers like the big national chains.
                         
                          leethebard

                          • Total Posts: 6071
                          • Joined: 8/16/2007
                          • Location: brick, NJ
                          RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Thu, 11/6/08 8:00 PM (permalink)
                          Thanks MiamiDon...no offense taken...I guess with a franchise company.they're not all going to be equal....sometimes they're only as good as the people working the place..ours is a new 5 Guys and there's a lot of enthusiasm...and the place is always packed......by the way I've never been to an In-N-Out...but I hear nice things on Roadfood!
                           
                            Greymo

                            • Total Posts: 3661
                            • Joined: 11/30/2005
                            • Location: Marriottsville, MD
                            RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Thu, 11/6/08 8:40 PM (permalink)
                            Glad that you have such a good place near you. The guy cooking my hamburger was filled with enthusiasm. I could tell that by the way he pounded on my hamburger!
                             
                              leethebard

                              • Total Posts: 6071
                              • Joined: 8/16/2007
                              • Location: brick, NJ
                              RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Thu, 11/6/08 8:49 PM (permalink)
                              yep...lots of happy customers here...long lines at lunch time!!!
                               
                                Michael Hoffman

                                • Total Posts: 17810
                                • Joined: 7/1/2000
                                • Location: Gahanna, OH
                                RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Thu, 11/6/08 10:04 PM (permalink)
                                quote:
                                Originally posted by leethebard

                                yep...lots of happy customers here...long lines at lunch time!!!

                                Ah, another paen to five little boys bearing 12-ton spatulas.
                                 
                                  porkbeaks

                                  • Total Posts: 2201
                                  • Joined: 5/6/2005
                                  • Location: Hoschton/Braselton, GA
                                  RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Thu, 11/6/08 10:21 PM (permalink)
                                   
                                    Michael Hoffman

                                    • Total Posts: 17810
                                    • Joined: 7/1/2000
                                    • Location: Gahanna, OH
                                    RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Thu, 11/6/08 10:22 PM (permalink)
                                    Beautiful!
                                     
                                      leethebard

                                      • Total Posts: 6071
                                      • Joined: 8/16/2007
                                      • Location: brick, NJ
                                      RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Fri, 11/7/08 12:15 PM (permalink)
                                      I guess you guys don't want to end this topic or let the rest of us have our opinion...perhaps you might want to piket our 5 Guys and tell or those countless crowds how wrong they are!!!!!!
                                       
                                        Scorereader

                                        • Total Posts: 5546
                                        • Joined: 8/4/2005
                                        • Location: Crofton, MD
                                        RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Fri, 11/7/08 12:49 PM (permalink)
                                        quote:
                                        Originally posted by leethebard

                                        I guess you guys don't want to end this topic or let the rest of us have our opinion...perhaps you might want to piket our 5 Guys and tell or those countless crowds how wrong they are!!!!!!


                                        you're just as guilty for keeping it going.

                                        everytime someone says they don't like it, you say it's great. You are as guilty as others for not letting someone else's opinion go without comment.

                                        let it go. You don't even need to respond to this post. just let it go. Let someone else defend Five Guys.

                                        We've got it, you like it.
                                        MiamiDon likes it, but not enough to be hassled by the bad location
                                        Greymo doesn't like it
                                        Roossy doesn't like it
                                        Michael Hoffman has never been.
                                        I think they're fine.
                                        metroplexJim likes them.
                                        Shalondara, the OP, likes them, and works part time there.

                                        Others have their opinion out there, too. Let it go. It's so not worth it to keep making the same point. There's countless threads all arguing the same points. It would be one thing if this is the first time Five Guys has been praised and razed. But, it's not. It's the umpteen thread. And you, and I and others have made our points in those thread too. So, it's time to let go.

                                        I think porkbeaks' post is right on the money.
                                         
                                          tommyeats

                                          • Total Posts: 277
                                          • Joined: 6/12/2006
                                          • Location: north jersey
                                          RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Fri, 11/7/08 4:51 PM (permalink)
                                          I don't like Five Guys.
                                           
                                            Greymo

                                            • Total Posts: 3661
                                            • Joined: 11/30/2005
                                            • Location: Marriottsville, MD
                                            RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Fri, 11/7/08 6:26 PM (permalink)
                                            If you look at the photograph above, you will see that this guy who looks just like the "cook" who was beating my hamburger to death a week or so ago!
                                             
                                              roossy90

                                              • Total Posts: 6695
                                              • Joined: 8/15/2005
                                              • Location: columbus, oh
                                              RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Sun, 11/9/08 6:41 PM (permalink)
                                              quote:
                                              Originally posted by Greymo

                                              If you look at the photograph above, you will see that this guy who looks just like the "cook" who was beating my hamburger to death a week or so ago!

                                              LMAO
                                              (I just snorted my bread and butter pickle chip out my nose.)
                                              Thanks Greymo......
                                              (cook-snort snort)


                                               
                                                Michael Hoffman

                                                • Total Posts: 17810
                                                • Joined: 7/1/2000
                                                • Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Tue, 11/11/08 11:55 AM (permalink)
                                                Word in this morning's Columbus Dispatch is that someone is going to be opening some five or six Five Guys places in the area. Unfortunately, one is to be built within just a couple of miles of me. The good news is that I will no longer have to not drive two and a half to three hours not to have one of their sandwiches. Now I'll be able to not drive two miles and get the same effect, thus saving the thought of using a lot of gasoline.
                                                 
                                                  porkbeaks

                                                  • Total Posts: 2201
                                                  • Joined: 5/6/2005
                                                  • Location: Hoschton/Braselton, GA
                                                  RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Tue, 11/11/08 12:24 PM (permalink)
                                                  quote:
                                                  Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

                                                  Word in this morning's Columbus Dispatch is that someone is going to be opening some five or six Five Guys places in the area. Unfortunately, one is to be built within just a couple of miles of me. The good news is that I will no longer have to not drive two and a half to three hours not to have one of their sandwiches. Now I'll be able to not drive two miles and get the same effect, thus saving the thought of using a lot of gasoline.


                                                   
                                                    David_NYC

                                                    • Total Posts: 2162
                                                    • Joined: 8/1/2004
                                                    • Location: New York, NY
                                                    RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Tue, 11/11/08 2:08 PM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

                                                    Word in this morning's Columbus Dispatch is that someone is going to be opening some five or six Five Guys places in the area. Unfortunately, one is to be built within just a couple of miles of me. The good news is that I will no longer have to not drive two and a half to three hours not to have one of their sandwiches. Now I'll be able to not drive two miles and get the same effect, thus saving the thought of using a lot of gasoline.
                                                    Ladies and Gentlemen, place you bets now on how long it will take for some shill to extoll the virtues of the Five Guys when it opens in Columbus.

                                                    To Rossy: That photograph is very interesting. Unless you enlarge the image, you wouldn't know it was taken inside a Five Guys. It makes one wonder if the cooks are working in a classic roadfood place making the sweetest food this side of heaven, or typical fast food help who are cursing each other out and horsing around while they are working.
                                                     
                                                      susanll

                                                      • Total Posts: 1077
                                                      • Joined: 10/27/2006
                                                      • Location: bartlett, TN
                                                      RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Tue, 11/11/08 2:41 PM (permalink)
                                                      That grill and the 'flatiron' looks just the scene from the counter at Steak and Shake.

                                                      I have never been to a Five Guys, but I do enjoy a squished burger from SS once and awhile.
                                                       
                                                        Michael Hoffman

                                                        • Total Posts: 17810
                                                        • Joined: 7/1/2000
                                                        • Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                        RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Tue, 11/11/08 3:25 PM (permalink)
                                                        quote:
                                                        Originally posted by susanll

                                                        That grill and the 'flatiron' looks just the scene from the counter at Steak and Shake.

                                                        I have never been to a Five Guys, but I do enjoy a squished burger from SS once and awhile.

                                                        At Steak & Shake they don't wear red, and they use wooden boards in the flat-grill, not steak-weights.
                                                         
                                                          Greymo

                                                          • Total Posts: 3661
                                                          • Joined: 11/30/2005
                                                          • Location: Marriottsville, MD
                                                          RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Tue, 11/11/08 6:59 PM (permalink)
                                                          I assume that Mr Hoffman has been to Steak and Shake and so he does know what he is talking about.
                                                           
                                                            Michael Hoffman

                                                            • Total Posts: 17810
                                                            • Joined: 7/1/2000
                                                            • Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                            RE: Five Guys Burgers Joint Tue, 11/11/08 7:01 PM (permalink)
                                                            quote:
                                                            Originally posted by flyseye

                                                            quote:
                                                            Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

                                                            quote:
                                                            Originally posted by susanll

                                                            That grill and the 'flatiron' looks just the scene from the counter at Steak and Shake.

                                                            I have never been to a Five Guys, but I do enjoy a squished burger from SS once and awhile.

                                                            At Steak & Shake they don't wear red, and they use wooden boards in the flat-grill, not steak-weights.


                                                            Have you actually been to a Steak and Shake, or did you just see them through the window from the Waffle House ?

                                                            Oh, I've been to Steak & Shake several times. Can't stand the place. Other than the crispy-critters they call Steakburgers and the fries that will fit through the eyelets of your shoes, and the wonderful service that doesn't exist, I think Steak & Shake is great. What's the matter? Haven't you ever seen the boards they use to crush the juices out of the "Steakburgers?"
                                                             
                                                              Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 91 to 120 of 147

                                                              Jump to:

                                                              Current active users

                                                              There are 0 members and 1 guests.

                                                              Icon Legend and Permission

                                                              • New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

                                                              2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com