Five Guys Burgers

Author
Vince Macek
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 858
2006/10/28 16:54:36 (permalink)

Five Guys Burgers

Just found this place here in Atlanta...from the news writeups and Zagat ratings on their walls I'm guessing they started in the DC area and have been there at least five years. Not sure how many branches they have but I'm thoroughly impressed. They keep the menu simple: hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese for any vegetarians dragged in, fries, and soft drinks. The burgers are cooked on a griddle, in plain sight behind the counter, to order, and at $4 for a standard double patty are great. This is what a burger joint should be like. In fact I'm not going to be able to call the product from the giant chains 'hamburgers' anymore; I'll have to find another word.

2 Replies Related Threads

Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3710
    RE: Five Guys Burgers 2006/10/28 17:40:05 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Vince Macek

Just found this place here in Atlanta...from the news writeups and Zagat ratings on their walls I'm guessing they started in the DC area and have been there at least five years. Not sure how many branches they have but I'm thoroughly impressed. They keep the menu simple: hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese for any vegetarians dragged in, fries, and soft drinks. The burgers are cooked on a griddle, in plain sight behind the counter, to order, and at $4 for a standard double patty are great. This is what a burger joint should be like. In fact I'm not going to be able to call the product from the giant chains 'hamburgers' anymore; I'll have to find another word.

how about "cheap and cheeful" crap-o-burgers?
    MikeS.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5406
    RE: Five Guys Burgers 2006/10/29 01:47:23 (permalink)
    Yes they did start in the DC area and have now exploded. Good concept and good food. Not an In n Out burger but still pretty good.

MikeS.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1