Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA

Author
Wistah
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 218
2008/12/23 12:23:04 (permalink)

Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA

I have long bemoaned the lack of decent burgers in this area...there are a few pubs that serve a decent one but their hours are somewhat limited and sometimes a faster option would be more convenient.

So...I was happy to see this morning a sign up in a storefront on Route 20 West in Marlboro (Massachusetts...same shopping center as the Office Max and Panera)....FIVE GUYS Opening Soon!!

I have only eaten at a Five Guys one time in PA and found them to be a significant cut above the fast food burgers.

10 Replies Related Threads

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2130
    Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA 2008/12/23 12:24:58 (permalink)
    Just out of curiosity, do you like your burgers cooked well-done?

1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4636
    Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA 2008/12/23 12:30:14 (permalink)
    If we combined all the 5 guys threads, would it be the longest? :)
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4545
    Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA 2008/12/23 12:44:26 (permalink)
    Wistah

I have long bemoaned the lack of decent burgers in this area...there are a few pubs that serve a decent one but their hours are somewhat limited and sometimes a faster option would be more convenient.

So...I was happy to see this morning a sign up in a storefront on Route 20 West in Marlboro (Massachusetts...same shopping center as the Office Max and Panera)....FIVE GUYS Opening Soon!!

I have only eaten at a Five Guys one time in PA and found them to be a significant cut above the fast food burgers.

Wistah, See if this helps you in your quest for a good burger.  At about 1/2 the price of 5-Guys!

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Marlborough-Ma-m428206.aspx

Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5566
    Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA 2008/12/23 12:47:24 (permalink)
    I've never been to a franchised location, only the family owned ones in Alexandria, VA. I hope the new one in your area will live up to the original's standards.
    Wistah
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA 2008/12/23 20:13:16 (permalink)
    joerogo

Wistah

Wistah, See if this helps you in your quest for a good burger.  At about 1/2 the price of 5-Guys!

Joe;

THANKS for that link...I knew about that place on Farm road, never knew that they served food there.  Wow will have to try it soon.  It looks like you reviewed their dogs...have you tried the burgers?

I will agree that there are better options than 5 Guys, and that 5 Guys is a little pricey...but sometimes convenience wins out including longer hours that a place like 5 Guys might be open, and the location.

For example there is a dive bar in Marlboro that serves a great burger, but only from 11-2 on weekdays, and even then only when the cook decides to show up.  And you cant' get fries or anything else.  So every place has its limitations.

Wistah
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA 2008/12/23 20:14:29 (permalink)
    Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Just out of curiosity, do you like your burgers cooked well-done?

Actually, yes I do.

joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4545
    Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA 2008/12/23 20:43:42 (permalink)
    Wistah

joerogo

Wistah

Joe;

THANKS for that link...I knew about that place on Farm road, never knew that they served food there.  Wow will have to try it soon.  It looks like you reviewed their dogs...have you tried the burgers?

I will agree that there are better options than 5 Guys, and that 5 Guys is a little pricey...but sometimes convenience wins out including longer hours that a place like 5 Guys might be open, and the location.

For example there is a dive bar in Marlboro that serves a great burger, but only from 11-2 on weekdays, and even then only when the cook decides to show up.  And you cant' get fries or anything else.  So every place has its limitations.

Further down in the trip report there is a pic of a chili burger.  My travelin partner had it, said it was first class.

Devo's is a good spot with extended hours.  Try it and let us know what you think.

Remember, any money you spend there stays in Marlborough.
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA 2008/12/24 02:08:10 (permalink)
    Five Guys is alright to go to once in awhile...
    maybe every month or so (but never when I'm out of town, as I've got 3 of them within 10 miles from me)

On the plus side, the burgers are freshly made, and the meat tastes very fresh...

downside: no drive-thru, no milkshakes, no onion rings,

I'd much rather see independant burger joints opening up, but the reality is that Five Guys seems to be everywhere...
    (even in Greenwich Village, NYC)

If I was lucky enough to be in a good BURGER city like Omaha, I doubt I would go into Five Guys much..
    but I'm living in a "pizza, A.C. subs" area...

PopsDogHouse
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 779
    Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA 2008/12/24 10:36:02 (permalink)
    Five guys recently opened here.  I've tried it a couple of times.  If I want a fast food burger and am faced with the usual McDees, BK, or Wendy's, I would opt for Five Guys.  That's as far as I will go.  It is at least juicy for a burnt burger.  In NC, burgers are required to be cooked at least Med. Well, unless the restaurant is using ground sirloin.  Very few do.  To get a good burger cooked to my temp. preference, I go to Longhorn Steakhouse.  They use Sirloin, and cook it perfectly so I don't have to eat a gray burger.
    post edited by PopsDogHouse - 2008/12/24 10:38:40
    porkchopexpress
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 798
    Re:Five Guys - Coming To Marlborough MA 2008/12/25 09:05:43 (permalink)
    I ate at the one in Panama City Fl.   Very good burger
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1