Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places

Author
Buffalo Tarheel
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 503
2012/07/31 09:46:50 (permalink)

Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places

A recent article about some Roadfood places here in Buffalo - much better than reading about a new chain restaurant coming to town.  And Ted's is going to add a location near the Galleria - good news!

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article975728.ece
post edited by Buffalo Tarheel - 2012/07/31 09:55:25

10 Replies Related Threads

starfire62
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 244
    Re:Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places 2012/07/31 22:19:57 (permalink)
    teds is going in the applebees on union and before that it was teds.it also used to be uncle johns pancake house. remember those?
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    Re:Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places 2012/08/01 00:36:11 (permalink)
    Great link. Remember those places from my 2009 visit.
    JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2713
    Re:Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places 2012/08/01 00:45:07 (permalink)
    I heard an ad on the radio in Phoenix for Ted's today.  It must be fate.  I'll have to eat there after reading this article.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10324
    Re:Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places 2012/08/01 03:59:32 (permalink)
    JRPfeff
    I heard an ad on the radio in Phoenix for Ted's today.  It must be fate.  I'll have to eat there after reading this article.

I hope you like it. It's my go to hot dog fix place in the Valley.
    CharcoalGrilled.
    They also have White Hots, Brats, Polish & Italian.
    All the meats are shipped in from Buffalo.
    I like their hot sauce too. Mustard's from Buffalo too. You gotta get the Onion Rings!
    On the SW corner of McClintock & Broadway in Tempe.
    Coming from Buckeye, I-10 to I-17South, back on I-10 to Rt 60 to McClintock exit. Go North.
    post edited by Foodbme - 2012/08/01 04:05:35
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10390
    Re:Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places 2012/08/01 07:18:58 (permalink)
    Thanks for posting this nice article BT!  I had never heard of John & Mary's before, but that Italian sausage sounds really good.
    Buffalo Tarheel
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places 2012/08/01 12:10:09 (permalink)
    buffetbuster

Thanks for posting this nice article BT!  I had never heard of John & Mary's before, but that Italian sausage sounds really good.

John and Mary's has some very good offerings.  Given that my office is on Sheridan Drive, I need to be more diligent in visiting these places, although I did have a Ted's trip last week.  Whenever you are here again would be a great time to fit John and Mary's in.
    Ed Face
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 44
    Re:Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places 2012/08/01 18:23:41 (permalink)
    Buffalo is a great city for food, I live in Rochester, but often drive to Buffalo for chow. My usual trip starts at Bocce Club Pizza and order a few half-baked pies ( they come half-baked and you finish them off at home), then I drive to Ted's for some dogs, onion rings (superb), and loganberry drink, then back to Bocce Club to pick up the pizzas and back home. It usually takes about 3 1/2 hours but well worth it, plus on the way home you're smelling those half-baked pizzas, thinking how good they will be for dinner. 
    Buffalo Tarheel
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places 2012/08/01 21:39:55 (permalink)
    Ed Face

Buffalo is a great city for food, I live in Rochester, but often drive to Buffalo for chow. My usual trip starts at Bocce Club Pizza and order a few half-baked pies ( they come half-baked and you finish them off at home), then I drive to Ted's for some dogs, onion rings (superb), and loganberry drink, then back to Bocce Club to pick up the pizzas and back home. It usually takes about 3 1/2 hours but well worth it, plus on the way home you're smelling those half-baked pizzas, thinking how good they will be for dinner. 

That's a worthwhile trip and a good use of time.  It's funny, though, because we will do the same type of trip to Rochester for Dinosaur Barbeque and LDR Char-Pit.  Now that Dinosaur is coming here, that will save some traveling time, but LDR Char-Pit is still worth driving to.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10390
    Re:Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places 2012/08/02 07:31:24 (permalink)
    BT-
    Having an office on Sheridan Drive?  Lucky you!  No doubt, a trip to the Niagara Frontier will happen before the year is out and I would love to join you at John & Mary's.
    Buffalo Tarheel
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Five miles of tasty bliss - Buffalo News article about some roadfood places 2012/08/02 18:18:57 (permalink)
    buffetbuster

BT-
    Having an office on Sheridan Drive?  Lucky you!  No doubt, a trip to the Niagara Frontier will happen before the year is out and I would love to join you at John & Mary's.

I'm glad to hear that you all will be up here sometime this year, and we too look forward to eating with you at John and Mary's along with any other great places we can hit.  Given that I am so close to a number of good Roadfood places during the workday, I am a bit ashamed that I don't visit them often enough (and I have Ted's coupons in my wallet for a free hot dog with the purchase of another dog).  At least I redeemed myself today on a local business trip and managed to eat at Schwabl's.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1