Flies

Author
sinkiller
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 57
2006/07/19 11:21:36 (permalink)

Flies

No matter what I do, I get some flies. People complain sometimes, yet I can't remember being in a Roadfood joint that didn't have some. What do you do beyond a Pest control Co.?

3 Replies Related Threads

WVHillbilly
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 406
    RE: Flies 2006/07/19 15:09:26 (permalink)
    Out here on the farm I use tons and tons of fly paper. I probably go through a 1/2 doz. rolls a week.
    I also get these huge sheets that unroll like banners and hang them over the stalls.
    prisonchef
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 296
    RE: Flies 2006/07/19 15:18:40 (permalink)
    i was going to say something smart alecky like "shut the door" but then that wouldn't be right.
    one solution we used at the boys prison was to install air curtains. these shoot high pressure air straight down to the floor and most flying insects can't penetrate them.
    another thing to do is to look around the exterior of your property and remove anything that might attract flies. things like old soda drink containers really draw them in. make sure your garbage recepticals are a goodly distance away and kept shut (that's a lot of fun with high school kids working part time until you get them in the habit you will be going nuts).
    bassrocker4u2
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 534
    RE: Flies 2006/07/20 08:32:31 (permalink)
    those are good points, jack. while looking outside, look for animal poop. that is one of the greatest places for flys to lay their eggs.
    i spray my grass every day, and we have these fly-magnets available at home-depot. they are plastic bags that hang with an opening at the top and some kind of attractant that kinda smells like sewage...
    but it works!
    also, maybe screen doors would help.
    we just put up a couple screened tents on our deck. it has given an area of no-flys for the customers to dinewhile out side.
    works like a charm
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1