Florence Restaurant Week - May 9-17, Florence AL

Author
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 475
2014/04/22 14:27:20 (permalink)

Florence Restaurant Week - May 9-17, Florence AL

This is not an official Roadfood event, but I wanted to give everybody the heads-up on something that sounds really terrific.

My wife and I, co-writing the blog Marie, Let's Eat!, have been invited to Florence AL next month to cover Florence Restaurant Week.  Florence is in northwest AL, the largest of the "Quad Cities" along with Sheffield, Tuscumbia, and Muscle Shoals.  It's the home of a 90-odd year-old ice cream parlor, Trowbridge's, as well as Bunyan's BBQ, home of some very good barbecue and terrific hot slaw.  Across the river, in Muscle Shoals, is Brooks, one of my ten favorite BBQ joints.

Across the nine days of the event (May 9-17), 15 restaurants have signed on to participate.  Anybody who eats at one of these places - the list is here: http://www.eatoutflorence...icipating-restaurants/ - can place a vote for charities that are competing to win $5000.  12 of the restaurants are locally owned, and three are small (north AL/south central TN) chains.  They include high-end steakhouses and small coffee shops, burger joints and dessert treats.

I hope that some of you Roadfooders think about joining us and trying one or two or fifteen of the participating restaurants, as well as some of the other neat places to eat here.  And if you're still madly curious about trying one of those slugburgers that you've heard about, Corinth MS is maybe just an hour's drive west.  Everybody wins!  Except for anybody who wants a slugburger.  Well, everybody should try one, once!

More details here:  http://marieletseat.com/2...me-to-florence-in-may/

2 Replies Related Threads

EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4138
    Re:Florence Restaurant Week - May 9-17, Florence AL 2014/04/22 16:40:22 (permalink)
    Sounds like a great week!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13565
    Re:Florence Restaurant Week - May 9-17, Florence AL 2014/04/22 17:05:56 (permalink)
    Florence also has a great Marriott hotel there overlooking the Tennessee River shoals and a beautiful revolving restaurant and bar.  Great location and beautiful views.  I have stayed there several times.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1