Thanks for replying! As for my favorite BBQ joints in FL, I have five:
1. Tom's Ribs - Currently located in Boca Raton but will be re-locating to West Palm Beach this summer sometime. Tom's is simply the BEST BBQ on the east coast of Florida! I know that is a bold statement but since we are not a state with umpteen million BBQ joints (ie: NC, TN, GA, AL, TX, MO, etc...) I figure I can get away with it. The only BBQ joints that even come close are my next suggestions:
2. Shorty's BBQ - Located in South Miami, next to the Dadeland Mall on US 1. Shorty's is the place I ate at with my buddies at least twice a week while I was in college (GO CANES!!). The atmosphere is the best of any BBQ joint in FL and personally, I find it hard to NOT think about those ribbed fries along side of a full slab of ribs....YUM!!
3. Mississippi Sweets - Three locations....Boca Raton, Boynton Beach and Palm Beach Gardens. All three locations are very small and they do not take reservations so you will definitely wait. The BBQ is outstanding but make sure you try an order of "Mississippi Sweets". You will be very glad you did!
4. Michelbob's - Located in Naples, this is considered by many to be the best BBQ in FL, although my vote still goes to Tom's.
5. GA Pig - Located in Davie (west of Ft. Lauderdale) and they are NOT related to the GA Pig in Brunswick, GA. This GA Pig is known for their shredded BBQ Pork sandwich....awesome!
Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with west coast or northern Florida BBQ, although I am always willing to learn. That is precisely why I started this topic. Any suggestions are very welcome.