Florida Pizza

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3026
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/21 21:30:40 (permalink)
sk bob - Could you tell a bit more about the Chinese place next door to Pete's. Please try Leahann's on Beville across from the golf course and let me know what you think..I will try this Chinese take-out but it is tough because whenever I'm near Pete's I go there.

Just was in Gainesville today..Ate at Ivey's. Ok..Very slow service. Next time, we'll try Satchel's for pizza.
sk bob
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1801
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/21 23:33:01 (permalink)
been to Leahans, not to my taste, more of a restaraunt. the place next to Pete's is more of a traditional take out place you find all over.
sk bob
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/21 23:38:11 (permalink)
been to Leahanns before, more of a restaraunt. the place next door to Pete's is more of a traditonal chinese take out that is one of the better ones.
sk bob
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/21 23:39:43 (permalink)
sorry about the repeat.
S.K.
jimsock9
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 285
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/22 07:45:26 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by myterry2

All FL pizza....

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, but you're great at posting nothing but 's.
We have some superb pizza here in Florida, just as there is likely superb pizza in every state in the U.S.A.
BTB
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 207
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/22 08:44:18 (permalink)
I don't know what the purpose of the above posting is. I, too, am confused about this thread. I live in Florida -- but not near Daytona -- but know of some good pizza places, but am reluctant to add anything because of the first posting. But it's entitled "Florida Pizza." Maybe, just maybe, the thread should have been entitled Good Pizza near Daytona, Florida. I think people ought to give more thought to the title of their postings.
porkbeaks
  • Total Posts : 2216
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/22 09:39:19 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by jimsock9

quote:

All FL pizza....

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, but you're great at posting nothing but 's.
We have some superb pizza here in Florida, just as there is likely superb pizza in every state in the U.S.A.

quote:

When I am eating my Ellio's pizza I feel like I'm eating the greatest pizza in the world. Yesterday's had the extra garlic and loads of extra cheese. I cooked it medium-rare as always. It's the best Sicilian without leaving the house.

jimsock9
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 285
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/22 09:57:53 (permalink)
Yeah.....so? I love frozen pizza AND I love real pizza. You think I'm the only one?
QFan
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 642
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/23 08:01:51 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by BTB

I don't know what the purpose of the above posting is. I, too, am confused about this thread. I live in Florida -- but not near Daytona -- but know of some good pizza places, but am reluctant to add anything because of the first posting. But it's entitled "Florida Pizza." Maybe, just maybe, the thread should have been entitled Good Pizza near Daytona, Florida. I think people ought to give more thought to the title of their postings.

BTB, I agree w/ you. I don't think it's unique to the Roadfood site, but this thread is a good illustration of how some posters seem to get more kick out of diss-ing other people's opinions or viewpoints than they do in contributing anything to the subject matter. Oh well, QFan thinks the best thing to do is just to try to take the highroad wherever possible and ignore the static in the background.

QFan
Bonita Springs, FL
Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/24 22:01:01 (permalink)
Porkbeats...How do you create all those great visuals?
PIZZAKING
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 8
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/24 22:11:45 (permalink)
Another great place for FL pizza, Panificio, in Sarasota, on main street.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/24 22:43:25 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by dirtdog58
my best friend has moved to Tavaree,Florida & comute's to Daytona.

Dirtdog,
Tavares is in Lake County and Daytona is in Volusia County. That's as ridiculously long a commute as a guy I know who commutes from Athens to Norcross (53 miles; 6 days a week) because his wife commutes from Athens to Augusta (100 miles; stays over).
Your poor friend, he doesn't hardly have time to enjoy that Daytona pizza before he has to hitch up and head home. It must take the poor cuss two hours each way, by my estimation....
Or, as Tampa Tribune's now-retired Sports Editor Tom McEwen (a Wauchula Florida cracker who's remotely kin to me) once said in a column as to why he and his wife continued to live on Davis Islands near downtown Tampa, "Any real Florida cracker knows that you never live more than 8 minutes from work... unless you're going to work a cattle drive. Hell, I can WALK to work in 20 minutes... and the view along Tampa Bay is stupendous. To hell with these ticky-tacky suburbs!"
I hope your friend has time to enjoy his pizza....
Unsandily, Ort. Carlton, not quite a Floridian-in-exile in Athens, Georgia.
porkbeaks
  • Total Posts : 2216
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/25 08:33:26 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Baah Ben

Porkbeats...How do you create all those great visuals?

There are quite a few sites that provide free emoticons that are, how should I say, more descriptive, than the smilies offered here. Try a Google search. pb

Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6372
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/25 09:26:50 (permalink)
If you are curious about how people embed emoticons, pictures, etc. just click on the Reply with Quote icon of that message and examine the text. You would then see that porkbeaks referenced an image from a web site that you could then go to yourself and check out.
sk bob
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/29 20:42:52 (permalink)
sorry BaahBen,just had Pete's 15 mins ago. no different than paganos, grazianos, pizza dude, xtra pizza, grassionos, and the other pizza joints (exept stavros), they all taste the same. italian style thin crust thats half cold when you get it home & has minamal taste. YUCK!!!
myterry2
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 532
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/29 21:01:28 (permalink)
I live in FL for 7 months out of the year...probably been more places than you could ever think of, and all the pizza is the same...bad. Unless you have never been to NYC or Chicago or the NE, you are clueless about pizza. As far as my goes, I only call it as it is..no need to explain to anyone that any decent seafood in any form is not served at the Red Lobster. And if you have lived in FL your whole life, you have no idea what Italian food is either
quote:

quote:

All FL pizza....

sk bob
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/03/29 21:14:14 (permalink)
sorry but I lived in new england & have had NYC & new haven pizza. they all taste the same except greek pizza which is better (to my tastes anyway).
scullerton
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/07/14 21:52:59 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Greg2507

I'm on the west coast of Fl, around Bradenton, and STILL looking for NJ style thin pizza. I just read that Marucca's (of Seaside Heights, NJ) franchise that was up in Homosassa (north of Tampa) went belly up. Marucca's was and still is one heck of a good pizza. Sure hope another franchise pops up near us. Does anyone know of a good pizza down here?

Yea, I lost my home and life savings on building and running the marucas in homosassa,Fl. Still being sued, and cannot get a job anywhere for two years trying...
hutt
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 103
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/07/18 05:13:24 (permalink)
quote:

I live in FL for 7 months out of the year...probably been more places than you could ever think of, and all the pizza is the same...bad. Unless you have never been to NYC or Chicago or the NE, you are clueless about pizza. As far as my goes, I only call it as it is..no need to explain to anyone that any decent seafood in any form is not served at the Red Lobster. And if you have lived in FL your whole life, you have no idea what Italian food is either.
quote:

quote:

All FL pizza....

MyTerry2[|)]
There's tons and tons of great pizza and Italian food in Florida.
It's everywhere. I'm born & raised in N.Y., boy, and you're just another hostile jerk that believes he's better than everyone else.
Jimsock was right. You have no right calling him clueless and saying he doesn't have any idea what Italian food is either(???).
I think Roadfood ousted the wrong poster.
Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/07/18 20:42:04 (permalink)
MyTerry - I did not read where in Florida you now live...

Look we may not have a lot (as in quantity) great pizza places in Florida, but we have enough. You can only eat at one place at a time right? In So. Florida, I'll put Steve's in NMB against anything up north for a "NY slice" Witness the fact that the place is loaded with visiting NY'ers and annual snowbirds on Saturdays at lunch time. Steve's has been doing this for many, many years. It is an institution in So FL. Try it. Also, Mario the Baker makes better garlic rolls han most places anywhere..In North Miami and in Pembroke Pines. Hey, I'm from Northern NJ. I remember some good pizza and good Italian..and some not so good, too!

We also have a terrific brick oven pizza chain called Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza in Ft. Lauderdale and Boca. There are a few others...In Ft. Lauderdale, there is a terrific Italian restaurant Casa Di Angelo.....No, I cannot give you a big list! How many places do you need?

I'm sorry if I missed where you live. That would help me too convince you we have some decent places here..
cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1627
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/08/23 14:45:47 (permalink)
In the Space Coast area, Brooklyn Pizza & Pasta makes a very creditable NYC style pie & also available by the slice.

http://brooklynpizzapasta.com/
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/08/23 15:22:59 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Baah Ben

MyTerry - I did not read where in Florida you now live...

Look we may not have a lot (as in quantity) great pizza places in Florida, but we have enough. You can only eat at one place at a time right? In So. Florida, I'll put Steve's in NMB against anything up north for a "NY slice" Witness the fact that the place is loaded with visiting NY'ers and annual snowbirds on Saturdays at lunch time. Steve's has been doing this for many, many years. It is an institution in So FL. Try it. Also, Mario the Baker makes better garlic rolls han most places anywhere..In North Miami and in Pembroke Pines. Hey, I'm from Northern NJ. I remember some good pizza and good Italian..and some not so good, too!

We also have a terrific brick oven pizza chain called Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza in Ft. Lauderdale and Boca. There are a few others...In Ft. Lauderdale, there is a terrific Italian restaurant Casa Di Angelo.....No, I cannot give you a big list! How many places do you need?

I'm sorry if I missed where you live. That would help me too convince you we have some decent places here..

So, you recommend the Steve's chain? There's one on US-1 less than two miles from my house, but I have never tried it.

Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/08/23 15:56:12 (permalink)
MiamiDon - Unless you live up in North Miami, it's not the Steve's I'm recommending. Steve's is not a chain..There is only one legitimate Steve's in South Florida..It is a block South of 123rd Street and it's on Biscayne Blvd. It's a free standing building on the east side of Biscayne Blvd. It has been there for at least 25 years.

Go on a Saturday around noon to get the "real feel" for this place. Order a couple of slices and enjoy You won't be alone...All the NY transplants and snowbirds (depending on the time of the year, of course)will be there with you.

There's another place I'd suggest you try right nearby, too. Head North on Biscayne Blvd after you try a slice or two, and drive up to around 130th or so, there is a steak sandwich place (brown and white stripe awning) on the same side of the road as Steve's. This is a family run business also more than 25 years old. This is a very good product. I think you will like it. An unusual sandwich with a Heinz 57 type sauce.....
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/08/24 07:46:24 (permalink)
BaahBen:

OK, so the "Steve's" are like "Ray's" in NYC. I'm in that part of North Miami a couple of times per month, so I see a couple of slices in my future.

I know that steak sub place - it's "Woodie's". I haven't eaten there in a while, but I remember the sandwiches as being tasty.
Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/08/24 09:12:22 (permalink)
MiamiDon..Yup..Woodies. It's good. Not what I assume is a traditional Philly Cheesesteak (I still have never had one in Philly) but tasty like you said.

I had no idea there were any other Steve's..Not that that's an unusual name. So, maybe there are some others trying to cash in on Steve's name?

Oh, when you are in North MIami, try to get to Steve's!!! I'll be interested to hear your opinion. Try to wait for a fresh pie to come out of the oven, if you can. This way, for your effort, you'll get their "best shot."

There is also(or was?)a great artisan bakery up the street..before Woody's, on the same side of the street. In the old Roadhouse Grill Shopping Center. They do (or use to?) provide breads and pastries to many good restaurants in the area. If it is still there, go there, too.
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/08/24 15:22:06 (permalink)
Have Camera, Will Travel.

It seems that there are at least three, unrelated "Steve's" pizza places in Miami-Dade County, and at least one place in Broward that advertises itself as "Steve's Wood-fired Pizza".

I just read in the New Times review that Woody's has new owners, and that they have expanded their burger offerings. It also mentions that they have been in that location since 1954. I remember when it was not air-conditioned.

Thanks for the tip on the bakery.
crew84row
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 174
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/10/17 19:08:34 (permalink)
Moon River Pizza--Jacksonville

spinach mushroom garlic

Classic Special

Maui Wowi--ham, pineapple and banana peppers
ces1948
  • Total Posts : 1510
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/10/18 00:16:45 (permalink)
Poppa Louie's in Port St. Lucie on US 1 near the intersection of Prima Vista Blvd in an old Pizza Hut building. Poppa Louie is the chief cook and bottle washer and makes a fine pie.
lambchop
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/10/24 09:53:11 (permalink)
I just moved to Cape Coral, Florida and have yet to find a good pizza. I LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza!!! I just have to find the perfect pizza. Any suggestions??
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8359
RE: Florida Pizza 2008/10/24 10:46:02 (permalink)
lambchop-when I am in a place and unfamiliar with restaurants,I ask the locals( like people working at grocery stores, etc.)While having gotten some bad advice, I have mostly gotten sent to good places...
Chicago Pizza
1227 Miramar St, Cape Coral, FL
LA VILLA GARDENS
4703 Sw 16th Pl, Cape Coral, FL
Maria's Restaurant & Pizzeria
(239) 945-6006
1224 Se 46th Ln, Cape Coral, FL 33904 Map it | Get directions
Cross Streets: Between Vincennes Blvd and SE 15th Ave
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1