Florida to SF

Author
kaimi
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2003/12/15 21:23:14 (permalink)

Florida to SF

I'm traveling from South Florida up to the Florida panhandle then across the country, mostly on Rte 10. So that means after a short drive through Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana, I spend a lot of time going across Texas, a then some in New Mexico, Arizona and then up the CA coast from San Diego to San Francisco.

Any ideas for healthy and yummy food along the way
Thanks.

3 Replies Related Threads

DanaJ
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 71
    RE: Florida to SF 2003/12/15 23:10:59 (permalink)
    Be sure to get some incredible sourdough bread in SF! It's unlike anything anyone can describe mmm. Also Giradelli square might be something you would like to check out.
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Florida to SF 2003/12/15 23:18:06 (permalink)
    Kaimi,
    There is a slew of Roadfooderies on this website in places like Pensacola, Florida; Mobile, Alabama; New Orleans, Louisiana; and puh-lenty of other stops along I-10.
    My advice would be for you to make that detour through New Orleans and take in Uglesich's, Mother's, Casamento's, The Camelia Grill, or at least one good meal somewhere while in Crescent City. You'll thank me.
    If time and logistics will permit, stop off in Lafayette at Don's on Vermillion Street downtown. Again, The Sterns have found a plethora of other tantalizing stops thereabouts for your purusal.
    And - if you like good beer, have an Anchor Old Foghorn Barleywine Style Ale in SF and think of me. We can't yet buy it in Georgia.
    Bon Voyage, Ort. Carlton in Athens, GA.
    P. S. Let us know what you uncover.
    kaimi
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Florida to SF 2003/12/16 22:26:18 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by DanaJ

Be sure to get some incredible sourdough bread in SF! It's unlike anything anyone can describe mmm. Also Giradelli square might be something you would like to check out.

Thanks. I love that bread. I used to live in SF and am on my way to see my daughter who now lives there.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1