Fluffernutter

Author
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 183
2004/12/15 02:08:33 (permalink)

Fluffernutter

Is anyone here an expert on fluffernutter sandwiches? Is there a brand of marshmallow spread you recommend? The only brand I've found here in California is Kraft's "JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme." I am thinking there must be something better out there.

11 Replies Related Threads

Mitchell25418
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 68
    RE: Fluffernutter 2004/12/15 02:12:41 (permalink)
    Here in NY there is only one choice, FLUFF! It is awsome though.
    noncentz
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 15
    RE: Fluffernutter 2004/12/15 03:20:41 (permalink)
    Indeed FLUFF gave birth to the Fluffernutter. Fluff is unlike Jet-Puffed in that it is more aerated and thus a bit more spreadable. Visit marshmallowfluff.com to learn more about it. The classic way to eat one is with Fluff, creamy peanut butter, and Wonder Bread.

I grew up with this sticky stuff as a child in Massachusetts. Fluff was good for three things, all of them essential childhood staples. Rice Krispie Treats, Fluffernutters and my favorite, as an addition to hot cocoa on a cold winter's day.

Now that I live in California, there are 2 things that I traditionally replenish when I'm running low and I'm visiting family on the east coast: Marshmallow Fluff and Dunkin' Donuts Coffee.
    emsmom
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 955
    RE: Fluffernutter 2004/12/15 08:31:07 (permalink)
    Fluff is a must. We had never heard of Fluff until a couple years ago and the fluffernutter sandwich was featured on Food Network. We ordered some from Home Town Favorites and this became one of my husbands favorite sandwiches. In the last six months, our local grocery store has started stocking the Fluff. That beats the shipping and handeling we were paying just to get Fluff.
    Spudnut
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 655
    RE: Fluffernutter 2004/12/15 08:35:46 (permalink)
    I grew up eating peanut butter and Fluff sandwiches. Which helps explain how I grew into a strapping man of at least 5' 5".
    jerseygirl127
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: Fluffernutter 2004/12/21 07:59:35 (permalink)
    oh my-- fluff and peanut butter sandwiches-- the BEST when i was a kid-- i told my kids and step kids about that and you should have seen their reaction-- they thought it to be totally gross and disgusting-- wouldn't even try it... yet-- they all like peanut butter and marshmallows-- i guess the thought of them together did something to their tastebuds or something.. BUT.. i remember them.. and the brand that we used -- and i think is still available in my neck of the woods is FLUFF.. they also have the jetpuffed brand.. but FLUFF IS KING! :)
    Danmel
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 193
    RE: Fluffernutter 2004/12/24 14:37:43 (permalink)
    Fluff rules! And a fluffernutter is great PMS food- sweet, salty - perfect!

When I was a kid there was a girl named Amrcia in our class whose mother would let her bring fluffernutters for lunch. None of our moms would let us bring that to school- we alwys had nutircious lunches.

Well Marcia was a nice girl and would ahre her lunch with us- eventually she'd come to school with 4 or 5 sandwiches and just districute them to us so she'd have something to eat. She had a very cool mOm.
    Danmel
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 193
    RE: Fluffernutter 2004/12/24 14:39:21 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Danmel

Fluff rules! And a fluffernutter is great PMS food- sweet, salty - perfect!

When I was a kid there was a girl named Marcia in our class whose mother would let her bring fluffernutters for lunch. None of our moms would let us bring that to school- we always had nutricious lunches.

Well Marcia was a nice girl and would share her lunch with us- eventually she'd come to school with 4 or 5 sandwiches and just distribute them to us so she'd have something to eat. She had a very cool mom.
    Walleye
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Fluffernutter 2004/12/24 14:41:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Saint Matt

Is anyone here an expert on fluffernutter sandwiches? Is there a brand of marshmallow spread you recommend? The only brand I've found here in California is Kraft's "JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme." I am thinking there must be something better out there.

You need a jar of Fluff. That's where they got the name Fluffernutter.
    KimChee43
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 382
    RE: Fluffernutter 2004/12/24 14:59:51 (permalink)
    Just out of curiosity...does anybody know just how long Fluff has been on the market? Seems to me that it's been around since the 1920's, but I could be wrong.

If it's been around since the '20's, I wonder how much the taste of it has changed since then. They didn't have all the additives, chemicals, etc. that they add to food nowadays during that time. Would it have tasted better?

Off topic, but I do wonder how much the taste of certain products have changed over the decades. For instance, would a 1930's Twinkie taste better to our palates or are we so used to the modern day product that we'd take a pass on an original? Just a thought.
    Spudnut
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 655
    RE: Fluffernutter 2004/12/24 15:43:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by KimChee43

Just out of curiosity...does anybody know just how long Fluff has been on the market? Seems to me that it's been around since the 1920's, but I could be wrong.

Since 1917. http://www.marshmallowfluff.com/

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18276
    RE: Fluffernutter 2004/12/24 16:53:05 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by KimChee43

If it's been around since the '20's, I wonder how much the taste of it has changed since then. They didn't have all the additives, chemicals, etc. that they add to food nowadays during that time. Would it have tasted better?

Off topic, but I do wonder how much the taste of certain products have changed over the decades. For instance, would a 1930's Twinkie taste better to our palates or are we so used to the modern day product that we'd take a pass on an original? Just a thought.

I know from personal experience that it's been around since the 1930s.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1