The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Fontanini Fine Italian Meats in Chitown

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9527
Fontanini Fine Italian Meats in Chitown Tue, 01/26/10 2:53 PM (permalink)
Has anyone had any experiences, good, bad or otherwise with Fontanini Sausages? At home or for resale.  How would you rank them compared to others? Enquiring Minds want to know!

Foodbme

Re:Fontanini Fine Italian Meats in Chitown Wed, 01/27/10 1:16 AM (permalink)
    Foodbme

Has anyone had any experiences, good, bad or otherwise with Fontanini Sausages? At home or for resale.  How would you rank them compared to others? Enquiring Minds want to know!

Overv 10 Hours and 100 visitors & No Response??? C'mon Chigago---Let's hear it!

irishtom29

• Total Posts: 19
      Re:Fontanini Fine Italian Meats in Chitown Thu, 01/28/10 10:34 PM (permalink)
      Foodbme

Foodbme

What can I tell ya buddy, never had them. Do they sell their sausage at Connie's?

Foodbme

Re:Fontanini Fine Italian Meats in Chitown Fri, 01/29/10 4:02 AM (permalink)
        irishtom29

Foodbme

Foodbme

What can I tell ya buddy, never had them. Do they sell their sausage at Connie's?

Don't know! I'm in AZ. Don't know who Connies is!

ciao bella

• Total Posts: 1
          Re:Fontanini Fine Italian Meats in Chitown Wed, 12/22/10 1:49 AM (permalink)
          Foodbme

I've been lucky to have tried samples of almost all of their sausage products.  They really are delicious, just the right amount of fennel a beautiful blend of spices.  They also have a good snap when grilled whole. Is Gilbert, AZ close to Phoenix?  If so, their sausage is used at Oregano's on the pizzas.
          As to the question about Connie's, yes, Fontanini sausage is used on their pizzas.  The Fontanini name is even on each pizza delivery box and on their outside sign.
          Fontanini is a family owned and operated company who chooses to use only the finest ingredients in their products and they truly are the platinum standard in the Italian meat manufacturing industry.  

Foodbme

Re:Fontanini Fine Italian Meats in Chitown Wed, 12/22/10 1:10 PM (permalink)
            ciao bella

Foodbme

Is Gilbert, AZ close to Phoenix?  If so, their sausage is used at Oregano's on the pizzas. 

Gilbert AZ is an East side suburb of Phoenix. Just 15 miles from Chase Field downtown. We have an Oregano's in Gilbert. I'm not a big Oregano's fan. They're very skimpy on their pizza toppings - Always have to ask for extra sauce & cheese and even then don't get it.

phatphil

• Total Posts: 668
              Re:Fontanini Fine Italian Meats in Chitown Wed, 12/22/10 4:54 PM (permalink)
              we have some of their products here in palm beach gardens florida @ josephs italian market and awesome

saps

• Total Posts: 1551
                Re:Fontanini Fine Italian Meats in Chitown Wed, 12/22/10 4:57 PM (permalink)
                Skip Fontanini products.  They are a second rate sausage and beef purveyor.  Good beef and sausage stands don't carry Fontanini products, I've seen them at places like "Mr. Submarine" where quality is an afterthought, and had the misfortune of trying their beef there. They are hardly the "platinum standard" of the Italian meat industry. 
                I'm guessing that Ciao Bella has some affiliation with them.  That was quite a first post.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com