Food Cart Start Up

Author
mdreynard
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/12/27 14:26:06 (permalink)

Food Cart Start Up

Hi everyone,

I had a few questions about starting up a Food Cart business and the legalities of it.  Any help, links, etc would be much appreciated.  There are several concession trailers for sale around here and I would like to use one to make a mobile food trailer that I could take to area businesses for the lunch hour and sell out of.  The problem is, I can't seem to find much information about how to do this legally in my area (Cincinnati Ohio).  The one thing I did find suggested there might be a lottery for permits in this area, but I couldn't find the details on that.

I guess my main questions are:

Is this even doable with a concession type trailer?

What are the laws of running a mobile food business in my area or where can I research them?

Do businesses usually take well to setting up in their parking lots with permission or do they avoid that?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

3 Replies Related Threads

catnhatnh
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 192
    Re:Food Cart Start Up 2010/12/27 22:59:08 (permalink)
    There is plenty of help here but you have to go after it correctly...First off welcome to the board. The proper way to start here would be to first visit the professional hot dog vendors forum. The very first post there will be an overview of the basics of how to set up any food cart or trailer. Next, take some time reading threads that specifically address some of the questions you've asked here-they have each been addressed multiple times. The professional restaurant forum is more slanted toward what we call "brick and mortar" businesses-those operating from fixed buildings, whose problems may be of interest to you but the vendor forum is exactly tailored to your needs. Take a few days and learn as much as possible so as not to ask a question the pros here know they have answered a hundred times before. These guys will break their backs to help out a new guy who has done his homework and you can build a knowledge base that could save you tons of money and heartbreak. Best of luck-Cat
    THE WILD DOG
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1465
    Re:Food Cart Start Up 2010/12/28 00:09:51 (permalink)
    Welcome,

Before you waste anymore of your time, money, & effort. Contact your local health dept and ask these same questions to them. THey will help you out with everything you need to know. Everything else..... hit the forums up.
    mdreynard
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Food Cart Start Up 2010/12/28 14:40:39 (permalink)
    Thanks, I'll move over to the other board (the hotdog cart title threw me off).  I'll also check with the health dept.  Have a wonderful day.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1