Food Channel

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13473
2003/05/26 16:57:39 (permalink)

Food Channel

I have spent the afternoon watching the food channel's special on all American food festivals throughout the USA. Makes you really want to go. The featured so far the Lobster Festival in Northern Maine and it looked super and it made me want to go, then they featured a apple festival in Kashmir, WA and it made me want to go. Then they featured leftse (SIC) festive in Barnesville, MN. Those Norwegians know how to do it, It made me wanna go.

I think this goes on for several days and I cannot wait to see the next feature. I wish I had not missed most of it.

They are so good, you cannot decide where you wanna go. It would be super going from festival to festival for the entire year.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

6 Replies Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: Food Channel 2003/05/26 17:47:56 (permalink)
    I mentioned the apple festival in Kashmir, WA. there is a Kashmir, WA, but the apple festival is in Cashmere, WA. sorry for the misquote.

In addition the All American Food Festival is still going on and they just covered the Peanut festival in Dothan, AL. boiled, fried, dessert and everything.

Paul E.Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: Food Channel 2003/05/26 19:09:16 (permalink)
    It keeps getting better on the Food Channel. All American Food Festivals on the Food Channel. Yams in Texas and now the Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Al.

Best TV show today.

Paul e. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Lone Star
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1730
    RE: Food Channel 2003/05/27 17:53:53 (permalink)
    I watched the marathon as well while I was slaving away in my kitchen preparing (for the first time) P.F. Chang's spicy chicken lettuce wraps.

The cowboy cook-off in Riodosa really got my attention. I MUST go to that festival someday.

It was great entertainment while cooking.
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3879
    RE: Food Channel 2003/06/03 20:42:26 (permalink)
    I was at the Avocado Festival in Carpenteria, CA when the Food Channel was there filming it. They were doing a piece on the world's largest bowl of guacamole and other festival happenings. Go Food Channel!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: Food Channel 2003/06/08 10:52:20 (permalink)
    I have been watching the Food Channel this morning and this lady "Paula's Tips" out of Savannah, GA is doing fried chicken. I like her style. She indicated that she owns a restaurant and the way she cooked it was the way she served it in her establishment. She soaked her chicken in a combination egg, water and hot sauce (lots) before she immersed it in flour. She fried in in peanut oil using the dark meat first and then the white meat.

It sure looked good to me.

She is in the process of making a Chinese sald using Ramen noodles, sesame seed and almonds. She broils this before adding to cabbage and scallions.. Her dressing was veggie oil, vinegar and the oriental seasong pack that came with the noodles.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    LizzieR
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 92
    RE: Food Channel 2003/08/20 21:58:57 (permalink)
    I watched the episode with the Lobster Festival last year and this year we went to the festival in Rockland, Maine. It was great! We enjoyed just as much as we expected. Spending a week in Maine, I vowed to have lobster every day and met my goal. Sometimes I even had it twice a day! It's fun to watch those festival shows. Hope they find some new ones.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1