Food Court at the Mall

Author
John A
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4295
2006/08/11 08:57:50 (permalink)

Food Court at the Mall

Hit the food court at the mall yesterday for lunch. Funny thing, every vendor but one had none, or at best one or two customers, in line. Instead of Salads, Pizza, Chinese, hot dogs, etc, they were lined up at the McDonalds counter; I counted 10 people there.

John

12 Replies Related Threads

SassyGritsAL
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1089
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/11 11:58:34 (permalink)
    Funny I thought the same thing about our McDonald's at the mall, but about a year ago ours went out of business (was I surprised). Our other big mall doesn't have a MD's either. My favorite place to eat at the mall is the Japanese place that cooks in front of you. I love their teriyaki chicken. My second favorite is a place called Crackers that serves wrap-style sandwiches and salads.
    Ashphalt
    • Total Posts : 1644
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/11 12:23:29 (permalink)
    Rents in Boston are way too high for anyone not to have a line. If any food court stall doesn't line 'em up from noon to two, they're out in a matter of weeks.

But, I get your point. The one that throws me is Sbarro. The food is bland and expensive and you really have to search hard to find such poor pizza anywhere in Southeastern New England. But they have a line every day for lunch.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13524
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/11 12:31:24 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by SassyGritsAL

Funny I thought the same thing about our McDonald's at the mall, but about a year ago ours went out of business (was I surprised). Our other big mall doesn't have a MD's either. My favorite place to eat at the mall is the Japanese place that cooks in front of you. I love their teriyaki chicken. My second favorite is a place called Crackers that serves wrap-style sandwiches and salads.

Sakkio Japan! The mall in Knoxville has one and they are by far my favorite. The teriyaki chicken is very very good and very very fresh as it is cooked for you and the veggies are fresh steamed.

I always have them add an extra scoop of the sauce.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    WingLover
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 145
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/11 14:22:43 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sundancer7

quote:
    Originally posted by SassyGritsAL

Sakkio Japan! The mall in Knoxville has one and they are by far my favorite. The teriyaki chicken is very very good and very very fresh as it is cooked for you and the veggies are fresh steamed.

I always have them add an extra scoop of the sauce.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

This place is always crowded at my local mall, too. So is McDonald's. There is a Chinese place also that is crowded from time to time.

~Jessica
    SassyGritsAL
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/11 14:54:43 (permalink)
    Thank you Sundancer for the name, and I just had it yesterday at lunch (had a Senior Moment). Yes I too, always ask for extra sauce.

True about Sbarros too. That reminds me of the episode of "The Office" where Michael goes to New York City and points out his favorite Italian restaurant and it was Sbarros.
    salsailsa
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 405
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/11 17:12:40 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ashphalt

Rents in Boston are way too high for anyone not to have a line. If any food court stall doesn't line 'em up from noon to two, they're out in a matter of weeks.

But, I get your point. The one that throws me is Sbarro. The food is bland and expensive and you really have to search hard to find such poor pizza anywhere in Southeastern New England. But they have a line every day for lunch.

So true- Sbarro's are stupid expensive!! I think the presentation looks so appealing and that's the trap I fall into. I sure regret it after the fact.
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/12 07:52:21 (permalink)
    Yep, Sbarro's sure makes it look good. I fall into the trap every now and then also.

John
    RibRater
    • Total Posts : 1862
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/12 08:17:27 (permalink)
    When I'm in the mall I'll eat at sbarro's. I like vegetables with some snap and finding a vegetable that hasnt had all the life cooked out of it can be difficult at times in the south. So a good bowl of sbarro's vegetable medley and a salad are pretty good eating.

at home, i have the spouse pull some (insert vegetable) out of the pan about 4 hours before she thinks they are done.

i like seasoned veggies southern style also...but not all the time.

(dont think ive ever had any other food at sbarros..the vegetable medley always looked to good to pass on)
    AndreaB
    • Total Posts : 1303
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/12 12:08:01 (permalink)
    When I go to get "Malled", probably less than 3x a year if I can help it, I usually go to whatever Asian restaurant is in the food court and order something that's generally safe like Kung Pao Chicken and I ask for it extra spicy.
    My preference when going to get "Malled" is to plan it on a day when my companion(s) and I can stop at a decent local eatery beforehand and not dine at the food court.

Andrea
    joanie41
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 401
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/12 12:41:56 (permalink)
    Our mall, which is one of the largest in the state, is always crowded, and the food court is no exception. In general, all the vendors seem busy. We have McD's (always busy), the typical Chinese/Japanese places, and then other fast food places like Chick-Fil-A and Popeyes. There is also Sbarro and a good, albeit expensive salad place. When we eat there as a family, my kids want Auntie Anne's pretzels or McDs and hubby wants pizza or Chinese. I always get bourbon chicken and some lo mein. And sometimes I go by myself and just read a magazine or people-watch. It's kind of fun. And I love shopping, so I'm at the mall at least a couple times a month. In fact, I'll probably end up over there later today!
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5066
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/13 09:33:57 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Larry - RibRater - Jay

When I'm in the mall I'll eat at sbarro's. I like vegetables with some snap and finding a vegetable that hasnt had all the life cooked out of it can be difficult at times in the south. So a good bowl of sbarro's vegetable medley and a salad are pretty good eating.

at home, i have the spouse pull some (insert vegetable) out of the pan about 4 hours before she thinks they are done.

i like seasoned veggies southern style also...but not all the time.

(dont think ive ever had any other food at sbarros..the vegetable medley always looked to good to pass on)

You too, huh???
    SassyGritsAL
    RE: Food Court at the Mall 2006/08/14 15:02:20 (permalink)
    Joanie - I too, love to people watch at the mall. Being a little sadistic I like to sit and watch people going up or down the escalators.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1