Food Recommendations in the Hartford, CT or Providence, RI areas? (and anywhere between)

Author
jchabotte
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/12/18 13:48:47 (permalink)

Food Recommendations in the Hartford, CT or Providence, RI areas? (and anywhere between)

Alright, new here, but a big fan of unusual foods.My wife and i love to try new things and I'm looking for something new for our anniversary on 12/23.

We've had a lot of 
Indian
Mediterannean
Vietnamese
as well as the best cheesesteaks in the country. 

I like spicy stuff, the hotter, the better. we like to go to places that have been on TV as well. But now we're running out of options. THIS SUCKS! I'd REALLY like to find a place that has Rocky Mountain Oysters, myself. My wife, will try just about anything.  I've yet to go to a French Cusiine place (although i've had Foi Gras which is delicious) but the place recommended on Yelp in Manchester, CT is closed on Monday. Whetever, i'll get it some other day.. 

So where would be a good place to go eat? Hole-in-the-walls are our favorite. But i really want to try some other ethnicity of foods that i haven't had yet!

-Jeff

4 Replies Related Threads

wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7956
    Re:Food Recommendations in the Hartford, CT or Providence, RI areas? (and anywhere between 2013/12/18 19:10:14 (permalink)
    If you're looking for something exotic
    This might be what you're looking for...
    I believe they are open Mondays..
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4564
    Re:Food Recommendations in the Hartford, CT or Providence, RI areas? (and anywhere between 2013/12/18 19:18:31 (permalink)
    wanderingjew

I don't think that's regionally appropriate!

One of these days I have to try Ethiopian food, just based on your enthusiasm for it.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18862
    Re:Food Recommendations in the Hartford, CT or Providence, RI areas? (and anywhere between 2013/12/18 19:24:30 (permalink)
    wanderingjew

The menus wouldn't open, but the description of the food in About makes me want to try that non-regionally appropriate food.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7956
    Re:Food Recommendations in the Hartford, CT or Providence, RI areas? (and anywhere between 2013/12/18 20:57:11 (permalink)
    Actually if you're looking for iconic Rhode Island stuff, with the exception of Italian, most Rhode Islanders don't really do it anymore, that's why just about all the clam shacks are seasonal- for the tourists...
    Meet the new Twin Oaks 

Meet the new Aunt Carries
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1