Food Truck Parts and supplys

Author
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3716
2011/09/28 09:20:00 (permalink)

Food Truck Parts and supplys

This thread is for Food Truck Parts and Supply links only. This is not a DIY thread. Please post links and a brief description of the site that sells food truck parts and supplies only as per below.
Thank you

Welcome to our Site. We are online providers of Lunch Truck and Catering Truck , Mobile kitchen, Parts, Supplies, Accessories & Equipment. We only stock the best products available.
We usually ship the next day via USPS priority mail.
 We are also a source of information for Mobile Catering Industry,  Recipes sorted by Continents and General Links to the best websites on the net. Please bookmark us, information on this site is being updated daily.
We hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact us.

Whether you need a new service door or a sink added, new stainless steel panels or display windows or need to completely refurbish your kitchen and bring it up to code...we can do it all!

Armenco is the One-Stop Source for Your Parts, Service and Repair Needs.

We stock a Complete Inventory of Catering Truck, Trailer and Mobile Food Cart Parts, Supplies and Accessories and can ship nearly anywhere in the world. All of our trucks, trailers and carts are manufactured to allow anyone to replace or fine-tune a part with little to no technical knowledge and without the need for special tools. Should a repair need arise, we are always just a toll-free phone call away.

post edited by Dr of BBQ - 2011/09/28 09:40:49

9 Replies Related Threads

reese77
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 508
    Re:Food Truck Parts and supplys 2011/09/28 09:45:29 (permalink)
    www.stepvanparts.com
    Stepvan parts for Grumman®, Utilimaster® and Supreme Body Stepvans®.

www.stepvanseats.com
    Step Van Seats
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Food Truck Parts and supplys 2011/09/28 19:47:26 (permalink)
    THE WILD DOG
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1465
    Re:Food Truck Parts and supplys 2011/09/28 21:43:32 (permalink)
    how about overhead bins and stuff like that ? Looking all over for those damn things, can't find them
    BackAlleyBurger
    • Total Posts : 1077
    Re:Food Truck Parts and supplys 2011/09/29 05:13:43 (permalink)
    i have to give great credit to Mills supply (stepvanparts.com) 
    i have purchased several pieces parts from them over the last couple of weeks, great customer service, and they know these trucks ! inside and out !..... no pimple faced kid scrolling through computer prompts on the other end of the phone with this company, they are fantastic !
    JodyP
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 322
    Re:Food Truck Parts and supplys 2011/09/29 07:45:41 (permalink)
    Unfortunately most of the components that are in food trucks are fabricated on site by the manufacturer and not readily available as stock components. If you have a decent fabricator near you they may be able to build the components you need. From talking with some of the builders it appears that the only items they use that are stock are the cooking and refrigeration apparatus.  I have talked with a couple fabricators who will build out to what every level you desire. Most of the home built trucks I have seen use standard restaurant equipment mounted in the truck / cart. Depending on your needs this may work. We do hot pressed sandwiches so I took a commercially built cart and added refrigeration, stainless steel tables, and the sandwich press. Bottom line is that the interior of our cart rivals most restaurant kitchens and so far the HD’s have loved it.  However if you want a complete galley that comes in the large food trucks it would be hard to do on your own. Most of the stock restaurant equipment available really doesn’t fit into the confined space of a food truck. Again if you have someone who is capable of fabrication then they can at least build out the cabinetry and serving / prep areas.
    BackAlleyBurger
    • Total Posts : 1077
    Re:Food Truck Parts and supplys 2011/09/29 20:17:51 (permalink)
    well lets see some pics of this masterpiece !
    im not sure what you mean by standard equipment.... in every big food truck i have seen you can go yourself and buy the same equipment off the shelf....

now the smaller enclosed hot dog cart type trailers are strait custom builds, but still, that does not mean you are at the mercy of a pro to do it for you !!
    JodyP
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 322
    Re:Food Truck Parts and supplys 2011/09/30 06:27:50 (permalink)
    All of the cooking and refrigeration apparatus is off the shelf. You can purchase the equipment from any restaurant supply company. (Thus standard equipment, not custom built.) What is not off the shelf are the sinks, cabinets, preparation areas, serving counters, etc. Most of this is fabricated on site by the builder and made to fit around the cooking and refrigeration equipment. This is the hard part for most home built trailers and trucks. Unless you can cut, bend and weld stainless steel then you have to do what I did and purchase stainless steel prep tables and fit them into my layout. Remember most HD’s will require that prep areas are constructed of stainless steel. You can check out my pictures on my FaceBook page: Atlanta Tropical Breeze/ Sandwich X Press. My cart is a made by Horton Industries and we ordered it with only the base food grade package. I added everything else to the interior as I needed. I actually move around the interior depending on if we are doing a food event or a shaved ice event. My next cart / truck, should I get that far, is going to be built by a local fabricator who specializes in mobile food units. Hopefully at that point I will know the exact layout I want and have it built that way.

Again, I am not saying that certain individuals are not capable of building a cart / truck the same way a fabricator could. But from I have seen in this business over the last several years is that there is a noticeable difference in the home built units and the commercially built units. And if I can notice the difference then you can be guaranteed the HD’s notice.

Please understand in my state if you are only doing festivals then 99% of the time you will not be required to have any kind of HD inspection. However if you plan on being a mobile unit and selling off private / public property then your unit must meet all the requirements of a brick and mortar. There already appears to be an issue with some of the foods trucks not actually built to the HD’s regulations. Even the food trucks / carts operating in the “Food Truck Park Events” are subjected to a unannounced “walk through”. In Fulton County / City of Atlanta if you are building your own unit then you must submit plans to the HD prior to construction, the same requirement for a brick and mortar. Food trucks / carts are not grandfathered in like buying an existing restaurant.

I am not recommending anyone, but here is a site for a California catering truck manufacturer:
    www.CateringTruck.com
    This is what the HD's want to see.

Living in the Metro Atlanta area we have at least three fabricators who are capable of building units like the ones on the above website. Hopefully one day in the future I will use one of them.
    Vic Cardenas
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 177
    Re:Food Truck Parts and supplys 2012/02/22 11:28:41 (permalink)
    Pacific Cater Truck and AA Cater Truck are two more.
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Food Truck Parts and supplys 2012/02/22 12:09:16 (permalink)
    Vic Cardenas Pacific Cater Truck and AA Cater Truck are two more.

http://www.pacificcater.com/

http://www.aacatertruck.com/

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1