Food Truck/Cart Commissary coming to Nashville, TN

Author
foodie2007
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2012/05/13 17:57:32 (permalink)

Food Truck/Cart Commissary coming to Nashville, TN

I want to help catapult the food truck/cart scene here in Nashville and am in the process of starting a shared commissary for folks to rent out.  I myself was thinking of starting a food cart and ran into this commissary road block.  Instead of letting it stop me, I have decided to build a commissary and share it with others!  What I am trying to determine is location...I live in East Nashville and have looked for space in this part of town, but want to hear from all of you as to where the "best" and most convenient location would be.  I would appreciate any comments you all have.  I look forward to serving all of you truck and cart owners and hopefully take the hassle out of locating a commissary for future cart/truck owners.

Thanks!!

5 Replies Related Threads

irishstew
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 137
    Re:Food Truck/Cart Commissary coming to Nashville, TN 2012/05/13 23:46:22 (permalink)
    I'm sorry, I'm not from your state so I can only tell you with my commissary it is on the edge of town which is nice for truck deliveries as well as a nice big parking lot and dock area. The had a fantastic record of inspections from local Health Department. Try looking at this site, maybe you could contact them for suggestions?
    http://www.esserscommissary.com/p/about-us.html
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10220
    Re:Food Truck/Cart Commissary coming to Nashville, TN 2012/05/14 02:13:53 (permalink)
    FIRST thing I would do is meet with the Health Dept and find out what's required to be an approved Commissary BEFORE looking for a location or property. The Regs will determine what you need as far as a building and equipment and facilities go. Once you know that, that's what will dictate your location based on property availability that fit the specs.You need to consider Plumbing, Electrical, Sewage Removal, etc, etc, etc.
    foodie2007
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:Food Truck/Cart Commissary coming to Nashville, TN 2012/05/14 16:22:01 (permalink)
    This is AWESOME info...thank you!!!
    Linairs
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re:Food Truck/Cart Commissary coming to Nashville, TN 2012/06/13 13:49:53 (permalink)
    I'm interested.  Have you had any luck finding potential places?  We are looking for commercial kitchen facilities as well as the commissary.
    LWilson
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Food Truck/Cart Commissary coming to Nashville, TN 2012/08/22 11:15:59 (permalink)
    The Grow Local Kitchen at the Nashville Farmers' Market is licensed by Metro Health and Dept of Ag.  Email kitchen(at)nashvillefarmersmarket(dot)org

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1