Food & Wine Magazine's 25 Best Burgers in the U.S.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
smokestack lightning
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 302
Re:Food & Wine Magazine's Best Burgers in the U.S. 2011/03/18 20:57:41 (permalink)
annpeeples

Let me add to my last statement, and echo seafarer-I would trust Dale's list over anything printed in a magazine. He is on my top 5 list of people whos opinion I trust when it comes to anything food.

I will add my two cents worth. I dont know WJ but he is one of teh reasons I stay on this website. I have found his reports and comments to be extremely helpful and useful and dead right on. I also share his view of what roadfood is...

And I would be glad to buy him a beer or a coffee anywhere anytime!
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8662
Re:Food & Wine Magazine's Best Burgers in the U.S. 2011/03/18 21:34:16 (permalink)
Davwud-your list looks great to me!
JesterDog
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:Food & Wine Magazine's Best Burgers in the U.S. 2011/03/21 07:56:26 (permalink)
bill voss

It is interesting that places in cow country, where the beef actually lives, are almost never mentioned in these lists.

Bill,

That was my reaction when I saw the list. Being from Texas I would have expected at least a few more entries on the list. The designer de jour burger place seemed to be the primary focus. 
HollyDolly
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1076
Re:Food & Wine Magazine's Best Burgers in the U.S. 2011/07/22 11:58:01 (permalink)
Lot of interesting places. The burger at Louis Lunch remids me of burgers we made at home, if we didn't have buns to put them on.
A good burger is the Bracken burger, at the Bracken Cafe,northeast of San Antonio in the town of the same name, just up the road a couple of miles from me. The burgers at Chester's Hamburgers ,a local San Antonio chain have been good, with real handcut fries like my mom made. Lot's of good burger places out there, they just didn't make it on the list. There's a new one in Schertz, CBQ, which i haven't tried yet, and they have a website.
kevincad
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 410
Re:Food & Wine Magazine's Best Burgers in the U.S. 2011/07/22 13:29:58 (permalink)
1bbqboy

It is interesting that places in cow country, where the beef actually lives, are almost never mentioned in these lists.

That's because dead cows make better burgers than live ones!
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
Re:Food & Wine Magazine's Best Burgers in the U.S. 2011/07/22 13:57:36 (permalink)
wanderingjew

MiamiDon

wanderingjew

Been to 3 -
I wasn't impressed with In and Out or Shake Shack
I'd have to say Ted's in Meridien CT  beats them both and I wasn't entirely blown away by their burger as well.

Which brings to mind - what are your top 25?  You've eaten around a bit. 

That's a tough call- I couldn't produce a list of 25- I "spread the wealth" so to speak when I travel so unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't inundate myself with burgers. I can probably put together a list of 10 but I think even that is pushing it....

There's no doubt what's in my number one spot- everything else is up there but is in no particular order...

1- Sport Bar and Grill - Livingston MT
2- Tessaro's- Pittsburgh PA
3- Ward's Publick House- Warwick RI
4- Char Grill- Raleigh NC
5- Stockman Bar- Livingston MT
6- Kidd Valley- Seattle Metro
7- Stella's Hamburger's- Bellevue NE
8- Dinker's Bar and Grill- Omaha  NE
9- Stanley's Burger's- Central Falls RI
10-The Penguin- Charlotte NC

Thanks for posting the list, wanderingjew.  I've made note of a few for my future travels.  You can rest assured that I value your opinion of places at which you have eaten.
NMBullRdr
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 38
Re:Food & Wine Magazine's Best Burgers in the U.S. 2011/09/11 17:23:30 (permalink)
Wow!  Can't believe we couldn't get a green chile cheeseburger from New Mexico on the list.  The Owl Bar, Buckhorn Tavern, or Bobcat Bites can easily top the list.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1