Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Food recalls

Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 31 to 60 of 146
Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
RE: Food recalls Wed, 03/18/09 9:10 AM (permalink)
Still going strong with the salmonella peanuts? I would hope by now they would all be off the shelves. I'm an adventurous soul. I bought a box of Girl Scout peanut butter cookies without checking.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
    RE: Food recalls Wed, 03/25/09 1:30 PM (permalink)
    The original PCA scandal started in Blakely, GA.  That is about an hour's drive away from me.  That just seems to show how much our food chain could be in danger.  No.  Most of the political climate seems now geared to financial bailouts of questionable institutions and patrolling our borders.  Lets see.  Tonight I may be having some shrimp imported from Thailand along in a scampi recipe.  I would love to have some fresh Gulf of Mexico shrimp.  So strange.  I live only 100 miles from the gulf's shore; yet no grocery store within my area offers them.  Cheaper to import from Asia; I guess.

Peaches importred from South America; apricots from the middle east; fresh beef imported from who the heck knows where????

I still eat the peanuts though.

dinska

• Total Posts: 22
      RE: Food recalls Wed, 03/25/09 5:35 PM (permalink)
      Well, great. Pistachios are one of my staples.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
        RE: Food recalls Fri, 04/10/09 3:28 PM (permalink)
        I wouldnt buy a nut at all these days-although I married one....!

ann peeples

RE: Food recalls Thu, 04/16/09 9:04 PM (permalink)
          I am so bummed out about pistachios-but thank you hardily for all the recalls, 6star. My husband had salmonella from the Peter Pan recall( we had 2 jars of the tainted stuff) and I am grateful for the info.

ann peeples

RE: Food recalls Fri, 04/17/09 5:17 PM (permalink)
            Actually, 6star, i ran a deli in a spermarket for years, and we had our own guy that would come and test everthing we made( or had brought in , for that matter) once a month.he did find a salad with listeria once-not one we made, but from a local company, so we pulled it from every one of our stores-no question.And until, after repeated testing at the source of the salad, did we bring it back.So I agree with you-proper testing is not done at every point it should be.I am food certified by the state of Wisconsin for food handling, and I follow strict rules.But not everyone, or most importantly,where the food comes from, does. It makes me crazy...

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
              RE: Food recalls Sat, 04/18/09 1:25 PM (permalink)
              Yuck --- when we did the auto-checkout at Kroger's last week the receipt showed that a Mrs. Grissom's cheese spread we'd recently bought and consumed had been recalled.  What we ate of it didn't make us sick and we can take the remainder up to Kroger's for a refund.

Andrea

ann peeples

RE: Food recalls Fri, 05/1/09 5:49 PM (permalink)
                Thanks again, 6star, for your info....

NascarDad

RE: Food recalls Sun, 06/28/09 9:39 AM (permalink)
                  6star

Maybe it is just me, but I have never been able to understand why anyone (except small children, who will put anything in their mouth because they don't know better) would eat raw cookie dough in any form.  Many companies sell an ice cream with cookie dough in it, and, even though I love cookies, I would never think of eating that flavor of ice cream. (I just feel the cookie dough would spoil the delicious ice cream for me.)

I beleive that most raw cookie dough for ice cream is edible and probably contains no eggs.  you can buy edible raw cookie dough from Cookie Dough Creations - http://www.cookiedoughcreations.com/

But the raw edible cookie dough they sell is not for baking - it has  no eggs nor baking soda, etc.  They also sell baked cookies, presumably with eggs.

ann peeples

RE: Food recalls Thu, 07/9/09 11:12 AM (permalink)
                    i am still amazed, 6star, at how many recalls there are. Thanks again for keeping us posted!

Michael_Germany

• Total Posts: 505
                      RE: Food recalls Sat, 09/12/09 7:17 PM (permalink)
                      Greetings, 6Star!

The german Equivalent is the german "Bundesamt für Verbraucherschutz & Lebensmittelsicherheit"

Link:
                      http://www.bvl.bund.de/cl...h__node.html__nnn=true

Please click on "English" on the HP, for further Information...

Michael

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1597
                        RE: Food recalls Tue, 10/27/09 8:35 AM (permalink)
                        6star,

Thanks for keeping this thread current...I always take a look when I see that it's been updated.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
                          RE: Food recalls Tue, 01/12/10 12:38 AM (permalink)
                          Thank you.  I appreciate all that you post.

I've suffered from Listeria in cheese and it wasn't pretty.

Food Recalls

• Total Posts: 1
                            RE: Food recalls Mon, 02/8/10 3:13 AM (permalink)
                            Hi for info if you want to check the latest food recalls on the go there is a site for just that, works on your phone or pc and is searchable - it's at (type into your browser): w w w .  f o o d r e c a l l s . m o b i

Happy Eating.

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
                              RE: Food recalls Wed, 03/10/10 1:23 PM (permalink)
                              6star, thanks for your vigilance. The recalls rarely apply to anything I have bought, but it sure is nice to know you're out there looking out for us. 

PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
                                RE: Food recalls Mon, 03/15/10 1:20 PM (permalink)
                                Whoever makes the decisions at BFFI should be put in jail. Thanks for all you do 6star!
                                Joe

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9526

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
                                    RE: Food recalls Fri, 05/7/10 1:16 PM (permalink)
                                    Notice that MS is not listed. We know better than to eat salad when something fried is available. Wonder why we are the most obese state?

Wintem01

• Total Posts: 205
                                      RE: Food recalls Tue, 06/15/10 3:49 PM (permalink)
                                      I wonder what this oil spill will do to contribute to this topic. It can't be good for the seafood/shellfish industry.

joclyn

• Total Posts: 360
                                        RE: Food recalls Fri, 06/18/10 7:12 PM (permalink)
                                        there's also an add'l recall for tylenol products - saw the article about it yesterday.  don't have a link to it though, sorry!

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3289
                                          RE: Food recalls Fri, 06/25/10 3:53 PM (permalink)
                                          Hasn't made the FDA list yet, but  Kellogg's Cereal Recall 2010: Corn Pops, Froot Loops and Others  taste, smell - nothing life-threatening.

http://www.nowpublic.com/...nd-others-2633620.html
                                          <message edited by felix4067 on Fri, 06/25/10 3:55 PM>

mar52

RE: Food recalls Wed, 08/25/10 12:52 PM (permalink)
                                            In California Ralph's (Krogers) lists on all of their register receipts the item/lot numbers of their recalled products.

Makes it easier to check those you still have at home.

mar52

RE: Food recalls Sat, 08/28/10 2:16 PM (permalink)
                                              The Frozen Mamey pops are being recalled for Typhoid.

That's SCARY!

Don't buy Goya Frozen Mamey pulp or the Mamey Pops.

mar52

RE: Food recalls Sun, 08/29/10 12:49 AM (permalink)
                                                The scary part is that Typhoid is communicable.  It needs to be stopped before it is spread.

I heard on the news here that the thyphoid was in the pulp.  We have a big Cuban population here and it is sold in the Cuban markets.

It's sad, I only heard that announcement once.  With something so critical as stopping a thyphoid outbreak before it starts I'd think I'd hear more about it.

ann peeples

• Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                  RE: Food recalls Sun, 10/31/10 10:07 AM (permalink)
                                                  Glad to see that you are still keeping us informed!! I mentioned you the other day when my friends and I were talking about food recalls.I explained to them about your updates, and how they really didnt realize just how many recalls there actually are.So, I for one, reallt appreciate your efforts!!

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1597
                                                    RE: Food recalls Fri, 01/14/11 9:08 AM (permalink)
                                                    6star

Toxic Waste Nuclear Sludge Chew Bars (elevated levels of lead):
                                                    http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm240012.htm?s_cid=w_c_sms_cont_001

With that name, this warning seems redundant!

ann peeples

RE: Food recalls Tue, 02/22/11 4:40 AM (permalink)
                                                      I dont care if you ARE older than dirt- I love this service you provide!

mar52

• Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                        RE: Food recalls Mon, 03/28/11 11:53 AM (permalink)
                                                        The manufacturer of the product is Toxic Waste?  Fitting.

Thanks for all of your reports.

Tony Bad

RE: Food recalls Mon, 06/13/11 12:37 PM (permalink)
                                                          6star

Kim So'n Cooked Beef, Pork & Beef & Tendon Meat Balls With Sauce (undeclared wheat): CA, PA, TX & VA
                                                          http://www.fsis.usda.gov/News_&_Events/Recall_041_2011_Release/index.asp?s_cid=w_c_sms_cont_001

Good to see you back on the air!

As always, thanks for the info.

ann peeples

RE: Food recalls Mon, 06/13/11 1:31 PM (permalink)
                                                            Thank God for that! I would be devastated without your info, my friend!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 31 to 60 of 146

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com