Hot!Food truck set up

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
top^dog
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 89
Re:Food truck set up 2014/03/29 23:24:33 (permalink)
I have owned a food truck in CT for some years now and of course every state/county etc has different regs and the original poster needs to cofirm requirements before any planning or buying of anything...some pkaces do not allow trucks at all....anyway yes 20k will get you in business...gas or diesel truck does not matter ...gen requiremets diesel are universal for over 15kw not that you may need that, honda inverter gens are great and quiet so no decible level problems. Good luck
TravelingPan
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
Re:Food truck set up 2014/04/01 06:57:56 (permalink)
localnet

If I would have had a fryer installed in my trailer, Ansul system required, at least here in MI. And, the nanny state is in full swing, install the Ansul system, because it only takes one anal fire marshal or even HD inspector to shut you down.

That's simple enough, use a very large pot of oil on a burner. No fryer, no fire suppression. You've got to stop thinking like a building and think more like a truck. Improvise, rules and regs actually become more malleable when you're mobile.
post edited by TravelingPan - 2014/04/01 07:10:02
TravelingPan
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
Re:Food truck set up 2014/04/01 07:06:58 (permalink)
Foodbme

Based on all the comments, the only one who is confused is you.
What part of "Regulations and requirements vary all over the country. Every town, county, state can be different and even vary by inspector" don't you get?

Actually I think what you are claiming would not only violate the law but would also be in direct conflict with the dictionary. I'm not arguing any side of this other than the fact that words mean things. My issue is with the "and even vary by inspector" portion in regard to "Regulations and requirements".
edwmax
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2119
Re:Food truck set up 2014/04/01 08:48:52 (permalink)
TravelingPan

localnet

If I would have had a fryer installed in my trailer, Ansul system required, at least here in MI. And, the nanny state is in full swing, install the Ansul system, because it only takes one anal fire marshal or even HD inspector to shut you down.

That's simple enough, use a very large pot of oil on a burner. No fryer, no fire suppression. You've got to stop thinking like a building and think more like a truck. Improvise, rules and regs actually become more malleable when you're mobile.

Where the Codes requires Ansul equipped Hoods it would still be required over any type of burner, stove, range, and grills.  The fact the equipment was a specialty frier or a pot of oil on a burner makes no difference.  ... The mentality of 'getting around' or skirting applicable Codes will only get you shut down.   ... Hoods (by HD per Mechanical code standards) are usually required to remove exhaust fumes; grease and other cooking vapors; and heat from cooking equipment.   Over commercial cooking equipment an Ansul fire system is a additional NFPA code requirement required by many (not all) local Codes. The Ansul requirement may be by the local HD code by reference to the NFPA section or by a separate Fire protection Code.  Either one will involve the Fire Marshal.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1