Food/Attractions Along I-90 (Wisconsin-New York)

Author
Nightspect
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2008/06/25 12:42:51 (permalink)

Food/Attractions Along I-90 (Wisconsin-New York)

Hi there everyone,

I'm going to be driving along I-90 from Madison, WI to New York City mid-July. I figure to run out of things to talk about with myself in a few hours so to relieve the boredom I'd appreciate some suggestions on places to eat or maybe sites/attractions to check out along the way. Nothing is too weird/unsubstantial. I'd love to see large balls of yarn or the World's Largest Guitar. Regional delicacies are also great. And pie. I'd swerve off the road for some great pie (can't get any good pie in Manhattan). I'd prefer not to get too far off course but obviously I'd proportionally weigh the distance away to the awesomeness of the site. Thank you all in advance.

1 Reply Related Threads

6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    RE: Food/Attractions Along I-90 (Wisconsin-New York) 2008/06/25 14:00:28 (permalink)
    For unusual attractions, go to Roadside America ( http://www.roadsideamerica.com/ ) and check on each state page for attractions along I 90. For example, the world's largest rubber stamp is close to I 90 in Cleveland (OH). They have Google maps for each state with a listing of all the attractions, so you can determine how weird an attraction must be for you to bother to check it out. (By the way, the World's Largest Guitar is in Tennessee, probably a little too far away from I 90 for you to go to see, but the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is in Cleveland, less than 2 miles from I 90.) Have fun on your trip!

Oh, by the way, welcome to Roadfood!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1