Foods of Chicago Special on PBS

Author
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3280
  • Joined: 2003/09/10 16:13:00
  • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
  • Status: offline
2007/12/03 00:35:11 (permalink)

Foods of Chicago Special on PBS


Foods of Chicago-A Delicious History will be aired Monday, December 3rd@7:30 CST on Channel 11 in Chicago. http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?p=1,37

CSD
#1

9 Replies Related Threads

    ChiTownDiner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2882
    • Joined: 2006/07/09 10:58:00
    • Location: Westmont, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Foods of Chicago Special on PBS 2007/12/03 11:14:13 (permalink)
    I watched the first run last week and was disappointed by the lack of detail. They would show something really good and then skip right onto the next subject with no explanation of what we previously had seen.
    #2
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6320
    • Joined: 2005/04/24 12:15:00
    • Location: Tonka Bay, MN
    • Status: offline
    RE: Foods of Chicago Special on PBS 2007/12/03 11:32:07 (permalink)
    Must be local to Chicago. It does not show up in any Minneapolis/St. Paul TV listings for the next 14 days at least.
    #3
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    • Joined: 2003/03/14 07:01:00
    • Location: Fox River Valley, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Foods of Chicago Special on PBS 2007/12/03 12:36:59 (permalink)
    It was produced by WTTW which is the Chicago PBS station. It ran during pledge drive.

    http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?p=1,37
    #4
    mousec
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 302
    • Joined: 2003/05/15 06:09:00
    • Location: Algonquin, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Foods of Chicago Special on PBS 2007/12/03 12:48:30 (permalink)
    I believe that the lack of detail had to do with the volume of foods covered. I found the show very interesting and there was some informative details such as the origins of Italian beef. It was also interesting watching the woman in Pilsen make her famous enchiladas.
    #5
    ScreamingChicken
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4978
    • Joined: 2004/11/05 14:36:00
    • Location: Stoughton, WI
    • Status: offline
    RE: Foods of Chicago Special on PBS 2007/12/03 13:15:08 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Davydd

    Must be local to Chicago. It does not show up in any Minneapolis/St. Paul TV listings for the next 14 days at least.
    That's because the MSP station is showing "The History of Lutefisk" instead...

    Brad
    #6
    jeepguy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1555
    • Joined: 2004/03/29 04:29:00
    • Location: chicago, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Foods of Chicago Special on PBS 2007/12/03 19:27:52 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by kland01s

    It was produced by WTTW which is the Chicago PBS station. It ran during pledge drive.

    http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?p=1,37
    "during pledge drive"...So does this mean we can get through the whole program without the begging?
    #7
    chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3280
    • Joined: 2003/09/10 16:13:00
    • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Foods of Chicago Special on PBS 2007/12/03 23:08:59 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by ChiTownDiner

    I watched the first run last week and was disappointed by the lack of detail. They would show something really good and then skip right onto the next subject with no explanation of what we previously had seen.


    There was no time to detail the restaurants for this special. The five minute segment of Hot Dog University on the CBS Sunday Morning News required sixteen hours of taping during two days.

    CSD

    #8
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15175
    • Joined: 2002/08/20 22:32:00
    • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
    • Status: offline
    RE: Foods of Chicago Special on PBS 2007/12/04 14:44:43 (permalink)

    KET in Louisville has aired a recent special on historical locations in this area (also during fund-raising campaign). The problem with the fund-drive is that they use 5-10 minutes at a time to sell PBS...a necessary activity, but they do it 'interupting the program' like regular commercials...not just at the hour and half-hour time breaks.
    #9
    hatteras04
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1081
    • Joined: 2003/05/14 13:35:00
    • Location: Columbus, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: Foods of Chicago Special on PBS 2007/12/05 10:38:35 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jeepguy

    quote:
    Originally posted by kland01s

    It was produced by WTTW which is the Chicago PBS station. It ran during pledge drive.

    http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?p=1,37
    "during pledge drive"...So does this mean we can get through the whole program without the begging?


    That's why God invented DVRs. You tape a show and then when the pledge drive starts you fast forward. I watch almost no shows live anymore.
    #10
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1