The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Foot Problems- and not foot in mouth

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 40 of 40
David2006

• Total Posts: 9
RE: Foot Problems- and not foot in mouth Sat, 11/5/05 4:57 PM (permalink)
I've found one of those foot buffers (callouse comb)from the health and beauty department at wal mart works well.
rub your feet with heavy lotion or baby oil or olive oil ,before bed, put on socks ,and in the morning use the use the callouse brush.

Cornbread

• Total Posts: 53
    RE: Foot Problems- and not foot in mouth Sat, 11/12/05 8:28 PM (permalink)
    Go to www.shoesforcrews.com I have just retired my clogs from them I bought 4 years ago. They will do payroll deduction and their clogs are around $40.00 and plus they have a guarentee that you will not slip in them which I never have...Honestly I don't work for them...just believe in their product.

About the Crocs: I have been thinking about trying them out...are they the least bit slip resistant? I just can't see them being safe to wear in the operation or around the pot sink for that matter...any thoughts?

eaglerich

• Total Posts: 39
      RE: Foot Problems- and not foot in mouth Sun, 11/13/05 3:50 AM (permalink)
      Good footwear is imperative. I am a banquet server and I wear SAS shoes. They are expensive, $135, but they will last for 3 years, and I didn't need to break them in. The first shift I wore them, it was like I had been wearing them for weeks. My wife, also a server, recently bought her first pair of klogs and she is very happy with them.

jbbohland

• Total Posts: 9
        RE: Foot Problems- and not foot in mouth Mon, 11/14/05 2:57 PM (permalink)
        Let me also be one to jump on the Clog band wagon. I started wearing them back in 90 when 12 hour days would just destroy my feet. I bit the fashion bullet ( they were not as de'rigeur back then) and got a pair of clogs. Sure I took some joking, but at least at the end of a shift I could get up and walk without limping. Now I work retail and wear a pair of Croc's. Best shoes I have ever owned. Non-slip, light as a feather and you can stand all day with out pain. As for cost crocs run under 40 bucks with is certainly less than a pair of nice running shoes which will fall apart after two months.

jonblaze

• Total Posts: 4
          RE: Foot Problems- and not foot in mouth Thu, 11/17/05 12:53 PM (permalink)
          Most of the advice given in this post has been pretty good. I currently work for one of the top foot and ankle centers in the US, and we would have handed out some of the same advice if you were a patient. I will pass on to you the same info as I do to my patients I see with the same problems. For corns and calluses, having them shaved down is an easy, generally pain free experience, if done properly. SOME corns/calluses are caused by bone problems, and a simple x-ray can determine if this is the case. General foot pain (on the bottom) or heel pain, is commonly called Plantar Fasciitis, or an inflamation of the Plantar Fascia. Generally you can fix this by certain types of stretches, anti inflammatories and good shoe gear. I know this isn't a medical sounding board, but if anyone would like more info, let me know...jon

Fieldthistle

• Total Posts: 1948
            RE: Foot Problems- and not foot in mouth Thu, 11/17/05 1:13 PM (permalink)
            Hello All,
            Thanks jonblaze. And welcome to Roadfood.
            As Paul of Tarsus once wrote, "The eye cannot say to the hand, 'I have no need of you,' nor again the head to the feet, 'I have no need of you you.' On the contrary, the parts of the body which seem to be weaker are indeispensable, and those parts of the body which we think less honorable we invest with the greater honor..."
            My feet are getter better, thanks to all of your advice. I thank you all.
            Still, I am not ready to tell anyone to walk a mile in my shoes. haha
            Take Care,
            Fieldthistle

bassrocker4u2

• Total Posts: 534
              RE: Foot Problems- and not foot in mouth Fri, 11/18/05 9:03 AM (permalink)
              thanks, jon. thats what my doc said i have. Plantar Fasciitis.
              i can walk now, with these ortho inserts(foot efx), but when i stop walking, its hard to start again. if i sit in a chair, i cannot stand up until after working it out. i walk every week on the golf course, 18-27 holes. by the time i get home, i am cripple. what can be done, if anything, to repair this problem?
              thanks, mike

cindyloo

• Total Posts: 123
                RE: Foot Problems- and not foot in mouth Fri, 11/18/05 9:44 AM (permalink)
                Mike, I'm not an expert, but have battled plantar fascitis myself. I've found that by RARELY going with out shoes, I've been able to manage the problem and seldom have pain now. My Birkenstock sandals are by the side of my bed, and I put them on as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning. I wear other shoes to work during the day, but put the Birks on again after I return home. That little bit of arch support during the morning/evening hours has really helped me. And I wear good shoes at other times -- including my running shoe which have very good arch support. I did a foot taping regimen for a while too, until a good amount of the pain had subsided. And advil for two or three weeks.

But for me -- it's the "never barefoot" thing that I believe has helped me the most.

Cindy

jonblaze

• Total Posts: 4
                  RE: Foot Problems- and not foot in mouth Sat, 11/19/05 8:44 AM (permalink)
                  Mike...simple solution. dont golf! Ok, kidding aside...simple things such as stretching, proper shoe gear, anti inflammatories, icing your feet at the end of the day, maybe even look into custom made orthotics (made by a podiatrist or pedorthist, not a Dr.Scholl type) or it could be as serious as surgery. If the pain is unbearable see a good foot doctor. If you want, I can give you my clinics website and it has some good info on there.
                  And dont go barefoot. Even at home.

bassrocker4u2

• Total Posts: 534
                    RE: Foot Problems- and not foot in mouth Sat, 11/19/05 10:04 AM (permalink)
                    thanks for the advice. i should get some of those sandles. perhaps that is all i need since my problems occur at home..barefoot.

i had ortho's made by a foot dr. they were terrible. he wanted to do surgery on both feet, but i havent any insurance, so thats not an option. so i stumbled/hobbled into foot efx. they sold me a better pair of arch suppots, and shoes that fit my feet(5 extra wide).
                    i was able to walk again!

thanks jon and cindy

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                      Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 40 of 40

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com