Foreign fizzies

Author
NYNM
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3053
2008/06/30 19:26:52 (permalink)

Foreign fizzies

I just finished a bottle of "Mauby Fizz"(aka Mawby Root) from Trinidad/Tobago. In fact the label is in English, French and Spanish.

Wierd stuff. Something like root beer, but way more bitter. Popular in West Indies, which also makes other "different" drinks: tamarind, hibiscus, ginger beer, soupsop punch, guinep drink, shandy, sorrel.

In fact, last night I bought some lager beer with sorrel...

Other than pina colada, rum punch etc.(not what I mean, I mean real West Indian everyday drinks), what have you tried?

1 Reply Related Threads

NYNM
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3053
    RE: Foreign fizzies 2008/07/03 09:58:05 (permalink)
    Well, talkin' to myself:
    Last night I bought a bottle of Shandy Carib from my grocer. Ooowee! This was the tropical flavor, and was it ever good.

It said: Lager Beer with Artificial Sorrel flavor (I know,it sounds icky) but it was like beer with spices and a little cocktail (sweet) touch. It had a clove-cinnamon taste which was terrific with the beer taste, and cold, I drank it right down. I also tried the ginger beer flavor which was a close second.

I stopped by the deli today where I got it and told the cashier, Boy did she grin!

This does come bottled from Trinidad and shipped via Miami (MiamiDon?) so I don't know how easy it is to get it, but I sure recommend it. Shandy Carib.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1