Found some great pancakes in Chicago

Author
danimal15
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1092
2010/07/20 17:32:10 (permalink)

Found some great pancakes in Chicago

I've decided my favorite pancakes in the Chicago area can be found at Egg Harbor, a chain of suburban breakfast/lunch restaurants. They're light and fluffy, and have just the right flavor. I've had them twice in the last three months and they impressed both times.
Often, in the Chicago area, I've found that restaurants serve pancakes that are too big and heavy. I'm into light and fluffy, and for that, this is the place.

I go to the one in Lake Forest, which is near me, but they're all over. There's always a long wait on Sunday mornings, so be warned.

4 Replies Related Threads

acer2x
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 448
    Re:Found some great pancakes in Chicago 2010/07/20 17:52:32 (permalink)
    danimal15
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1092
    Re:Found some great pancakes in Chicago 2010/07/21 16:59:17 (permalink)
    acer2x

What about Walker Brothers?

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Review/11-11/walker-brothers-pancake-house

Walker Bros. has a lot of great food. I'm a big fan of their apple pancakes as well as their coffee and sides. But their regular pancakes, in my mind, aren't all that memorable. They're certainly not as good as the ones I had at Egg Harbor. There's a Walker Bros. near me. I'll get back there soon so I can do a comparison.
    chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3309
    Re:Found some great pancakes in Chicago 2010/07/21 20:37:40 (permalink)
    danimal15

acer2x

What about Walker Brothers?

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Review/11-11/walker-brothers-pancake-house

Walker Bros. has a lot of great food. I'm a big fan of their apple pancakes as well as their coffee and sides. But their regular pancakes, in my mind, aren't all that memorable. They're certainly not as good as the ones I had at Egg Harbor. There's a Walker Bros. near me. I'll get back there soon so I can do a comparison.

I've always been a fan of Walker Bros. Before opening an OHP in Milwaukee, we did Sunday breakfast at the Highland Park or Linclonshire locations. I agree, Walker Bros. offers some great breakfasts. My wife loves their pancakes, but they're too yeasty for me. Their eggs, bacon, coffee, and apple pancake, keep me going back. BTW, how have you been? I'm back working in Chicago, since Hot Dog University partnered with Vienna Beef and relocated from downtown Milwaukee into the Vienna Beef factory. I lived part time in Highland Park in 2009.

Mark
    post edited by chicagostyledog - 2010/07/21 20:39:29
    myterry2
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 532
    Re:Found some great pancakes in Chicago 2013/06/11 05:15:53 (permalink)
    As a Lake Forest resident, I can tell you Egg Harbor is good, but way overpriced and overrated.  There are 1000's of little places all over the Chicago area that have as good as or better than EH pancakes, or breakfast in general.  The Whistle Stop, Full Moon, 50's Diner, and 100's of Greek places.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1