The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Fred's in Burlington, WI

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 12, messages 181 to 210 of 349
stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Sat, 08/7/10 4:53 PM (permalink)
I agree with MFL's principles. I can see charging extra for cheese, everyone does it, but for onions? What The French?

I may be going to Mayo on 20th, 10 hour drive round trip & that doesn't include the time it will take to jump in & out of the MRI & all the other fun things. The next day is Fred's & it might have to be breakfast.

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
    RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Sat, 08/7/10 8:53 PM (permalink)
    X1

Obviously, this was not seen, so I'll just make it more noticeable:

Mike  - any time you're ready to try AJ Bombers, I'll buy your onions.

I saw it. I wouldn't feel any better about it if you paid.

X1

• Total Posts: 937
      RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Tue, 08/10/10 8:29 PM (permalink)
      You said you would go if someone else paid for your onions. I'm paying. Now what's the excuse?

HelloDriver

• Total Posts: 17
        RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Tue, 08/10/10 8:41 PM (permalink)
        Is there a set meet-up time at Fred's?  Did I miss that in an earlier posting?

X1

RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Tue, 08/10/10 8:45 PM (permalink)
          Umm....I don't know.
          I think 1 or 1.30, but I could be wrong...Buddy?

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
            RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Tue, 08/10/10 9:22 PM (permalink)
            We'll be leaving Irish Fest on Friday night at about midnight; arriving back in Chicago probably around 1-1:15am.  It won't be an early morning wake up on Saturday, I can promise you that.  So, if we can do Fred's around 1:30-2pm that would be great.

Does that work for everyone?

Buddy

X1

RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Tue, 08/10/10 9:23 PM (permalink)
              Fine with me.

HelloDriver

RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Wed, 08/11/10 10:39 AM (permalink)
                Works well for me!

Big Ugly Mich

• Total Posts: 1302
                  RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Wed, 08/11/10 11:36 AM (permalink)
                  MilwFoodlovers
                  "What, did I break a window"?
                  Maybe. That's why I swear by Macintosh computers.

Anyhoo, no one should make a trip to Burlington without checking http://www.thehaylofters.com/page8.html.

Walworth County fair (http://www.walworthcountyfair.com/) isn't until September. Kenosha County Fair (http://kenoshacofair.com/) ends that day. Racine County Fair is over. Wisconsin State Fair (http://wistatefair.com/) is going on then, too, but I have to work on Sunday night, so Fred's it is.

<message edited by Big Ugly Mich on Wed, 08/11/10 11:46 AM>

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
                    RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Wed, 08/11/10 1:59 PM (permalink)
                    I see the Haylofters will be staging a production of "101 Dalmations" on the 21st.

I wonder if they use live dogs.  Now if a dozen or so people reeking of hamburgers were to sit in the front row...clearly pandemonium and hilarity could ensue!

Brad

HelloDriver

RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Thu, 08/12/10 12:05 PM (permalink)
                      I'll be there with a +1!

irisarbor

• Total Posts: 602
                        RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Thu, 08/12/10 12:37 PM (permalink)
                        Still working on Frank-we're a definite maybe

ChuckL50

• Total Posts: 69
                          RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Sat, 08/14/10 12:21 AM (permalink)
                          I'm in. Or rather, we're in.
                          Let's see if this works...
                           Hey MFL, X1 will pay for your onions, how bout if I buy you one of AJ's "famous" Bloody Marys.

BuddyRoadhouse

RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Sat, 08/14/10 12:27 AM (permalink)
                            Do they serve AJ's Bloody Marys at Fred's?

Buddy

MilwFoodlovers

RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Sat, 08/14/10 1:38 PM (permalink)
                              ChuckL50

I'm in. Or rather, we're in.
                              Let's see if this works...
                              Hey MFL, X1 will pay for your onions, how bout if I buy you one of AJ's "famous" Bloody Marys.

I never heard of them so how famous can they be?
                              With as  much modesty as I can muster, I like my own Bloodys best; never had one I've enjoyed more.
                              When the Milwaukee Ale House used their house pickled hops as a garnish, I thought I might have found one better but with the hops shortage I suspect they don't have the hops needed for that.

Would you guys still eat with me if I brought my own sliced onions?

I wonder if AJ buys his gas at BP?

I'm hoping to see the group Sunday at Irish Fest. Who besides Mr and Mrs Buddy are going?

ChuckL50

• Total Posts: 69
                                RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Sat, 08/14/10 1:41 PM (permalink)
                                BuddyRoadhouse

Do they serve AJ's Bloody Marys at Fred's?

Buddy

No, and more's the shame.
                                Chuck

quijote

• Total Posts: 643
                                  RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Sat, 08/14/10 11:13 PM (permalink)
                                  Aren't Mr and Mrs Buddy going to Irish Fest on Friday and Saturday? Or is a Sunday visit on the agenda, too? I'm planning on Irish Fest for Friday evening, and hope to see the Roadhouses there.... Also planning on Fred's for Saturday, early afternoon. I might consider a Sunday whirl through Irish Fest, but doubt I could go.
                                  <message edited by quijote on Sat, 08/14/10 11:14 PM>

MilwFoodlovers

RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Sun, 08/15/10 12:00 AM (permalink)
                                    I guess I have no idea who is going when. Saturday is completely out for us.

BuddyRoadhouse

RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Sun, 08/15/10 1:04 AM (permalink)
                                      We'll be at Irish Fest on Friday when they open the doors at 4:00pm.  We'll stay there until the last uilleann pipe has wheezed its final note.  We will drive home Friday night and return Saturday with a stop at Fred's at about 1:30-2pm.  From Fred's we will then head back up to Irish Fest, again staying through to the end.  We have no Sunday plans as yet, but will probably stay close to home.

If ya'll want to come on down our way on Sunday, we could probably put together a nifty day...

Buddy

P.S. By my reckoning, Friday's festivities at Irish Fest will include ourselves, the chicagostyledogs, abe_froeman & Mr. Maki, and quijote.  I think Saturday's attendees (not including those going to Fred's) will again be the Roadhouses, ChuckL50 (and special friend), and possibly X1.  If the MiwFoodlovers are going on Sunday, I think you will be there alone (aside from the other 150,00 or so folks who will be there).  If I've got any of that that wrong, my apologies for committing anyone to the wrong day.

B.
                                      <message edited by BuddyRoadhouse on Sun, 08/15/10 1:15 AM>

X1

RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Sun, 08/15/10 8:44 AM (permalink)
                                        I think that's about right, Buddy.

HelloDriver

RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Sun, 08/15/10 12:15 PM (permalink)
                                          I'll be there on Saturday, as will my passenger!  See you at Fred's!

irisarbor

• Total Posts: 602
                                            RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Mon, 08/16/10 10:21 AM (permalink)
                                            We may make Irishfest on Saturday, but might not make Fred's-
                                            Buddy can you PM me you cellphone # so we can hook up with the group if we miss you at Fred's and are trying to find you at IrishFest?
                                            Thanks

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
                                              RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Tue, 08/17/10 6:23 PM (permalink)
                                              We are working overtime. Please have fun without me. 

I have a cousin that just moved to Burlington, so I can't imagine we won't go there sometime soon.

Big Ugly Mich

• Total Posts: 1302
                                                RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Thu, 08/19/10 12:55 PM (permalink)
                                                I'll have to get a "go" plate for Big Beautiful Mich, who will be working at the Kenosha County Fair that day. I'll bring the camera, though. Be advised, though: I bought it a week ago with my first paycheck from the new job, (sidenote: HALLELUJAH!!!!) and I still don't know how to use it as well as I should. I'm going to want to share some pics with BBM, obviously.

Retta works part time for a group of handicapped women who make various products and sell them. Google left me dry when I searched for the group, though, but I'll be back with more information as soon as I can be. That probably means next Monday.
                                                <message edited by Big Ugly Mich on Thu, 08/19/10 1:06 PM>

quijote

RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Thu, 08/19/10 6:55 PM (permalink)

I hope to be there tomorrow at 4 pm, though I may be a few minutes late. I'll be happy to rendezvous at any time and place there.... as long as I get my Boxty.

quijote

BuddyRoadhouse

We'll be at Irish Fest on Friday when they open the doors at 4:00pm.  We'll stay there until the last uilleann pipe has wheezed its final note.  We will drive home Friday night and return Saturday with a stop at Fred's at about 1:30-2pm.  From Fred's we will then head back up to Irish Fest, again staying through to the end.  We have no Sunday plans as yet, but will probably stay close to home.

If ya'll want to come on down our way on Sunday, we could probably put together a nifty day...

Buddy

P.S. By my reckoning, Friday's festivities at Irish Fest will include ourselves, the chicagostyledogs, abe_froeman & Mr. Maki, and quijote.  I think Saturday's attendees (not including those going to Fred's) will again be the Roadhouses, ChuckL50 (and special friend), and possibly X1.  If the MiwFoodlovers are going on Sunday, I think you will be there alone (aside from the other 150,00 or so folks who will be there).  If I've got any of that that wrong, my apologies for committing anyone to the wrong day.

B.

chicagostyledog

• Total Posts: 3217
                                                    • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
                                                    RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Thu, 08/19/10 11:57 PM (permalink)
                                                    We'll be at Irishfest on Friday between 4 and 5. If we don't meet before 7:30, we'll be at the Miller Lite Stage, awaiting Gaelic Storm, which begins at 8:30, sitting in the front on the left side of the stage, enjoying a McBob's corned beef sandwich. Buddy, don't forget to bring yer wellies.

Your pal,

Patty O' Furniture

BuddyRoadhouse

• Location: Des Plaines, IL
                                                      RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Fri, 08/20/10 2:44 AM (permalink)
                                                      As you come in the main gate, if you look ahead and slightly off to the right you will see a big rainbow arch next to the information booth.  We have always found that to be an easy landmark and a good place to meet people.

Buddy

P.S Wellies?  Are we expecting that much rain this weekend?

B.

X1

• Location: Milwaukee, WI (Ex-NOLA)
                                                        RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Fri, 08/20/10 6:33 AM (permalink)
                                                        Yep...at least for Friday.
                                                        They're calling for scattered showers and storms all day and all night. Saturday and Sunday should be sunny and warm.

chicagostyledog

• Total Posts: 3217
                                                          • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
                                                          RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Fri, 08/20/10 9:18 AM (permalink)
                                                          BuddyRoadhouse

As you come in the main gate, if you look ahead and slightly off to the right you will see a big rainbow arch next to the information booth.  We have always found that to be an easy landmark and a good place to meet people.

Buddy

P.S Wellies?  Are we expecting that much rain this weekend?

B.

We could meet you there at 6pm and/or you could call me.

quijote

• Joined: 12/22/2007
                                                            • Location: Milwaukee, WI
                                                            RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI Fri, 08/20/10 11:37 AM (permalink)
                                                            If I'm late getting to the Fest, I don't want people to have to stand around waiting for me, so I'll check the rainbow place at 5:00 pm. I hope to get to the Fest earlier than that, and if I do, will roam around in search of the Roadhouse Clan. Buddy, I'll also PM you my cell number, just in case.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 7 of 12, messages 181 to 210 of 349

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com