French Bread Pizza toppings?

Author
Caramel Copper
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 66
2005/07/20 20:15:09 (permalink)

French Bread Pizza toppings?

I was thinking about offering Personalized French Bread Pizza as a once a week special at my Eatin' Trailer. I know it is not authentic (crust), but I was hoping it would be fun for customers to build their own.

What toppings would you like to see as far as availability, and what would you expect to pay for them? By this I mean what should come automatically and what should be charged for add-ons. The size of the bread will be 6" long with the inside hollowed out for more stuffing.

I came to the professionals to learn this.

Keeping in mind all will be prepared before hand, the toaster would be used to brown the bread, heat the ingredients, and melt the cheese.
Any ideas?

All suggestions appreciated,
Copper

10 Replies Related Threads

Caramel Copper
    Hamburger
    RE: French Bread Pizza toppings? 2005/07/21 18:02:17 (permalink)
    I should have done a search first.
    I usually do, but have been very busy.
    I am going with:
    Bacon/Ham
    Onion
    peppers
    beef
    mushrooms
    pepperonis

Copper
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    RE: French Bread Pizza toppings? 2005/07/21 18:30:36 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Caramel Copper

I was thinking about offering Personalized French Bread Pizza as a once a week special at my Eatin' Trailer. I know it is not authentic (crust), but I was hoping it would be fun for customers to build their own.

What toppings would you like to see as far as availability, and what would you expect to pay for them? By this I mean what should come automatically and what should be charged for add-ons. The size of the bread will be 6" long with the inside hollowed out for more stuffing.

I came to the professionals to learn this.

Keeping in mind all will be prepared before hand, the toaster would be used to brown the bread, heat the ingredients, and melt the cheese.
    Any ideas?

All suggestions appreciated,
    Copper

Feel free to use my recipe:

http://pizzatherapy.com/french.htm

Caramel Copper
    Hamburger
    RE: French Bread Pizza toppings? 2005/07/22 17:13:04 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Adjudicator

quote:
    Originally posted by Caramel Copper

[/purple]

Feel free to use my recipe:

http://pizzatherapy.com/french.htm

Thanks, ADJ! Nice Site,
    Copper[/size=2]
    dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: French Bread Pizza toppings? 2005/07/25 16:26:36 (permalink)
    Your menu seems very diverse.. Personaly when I stop at a roadside vendor Im thinking "a couple dawgs and a soda" unless Im cruising Philadelphia Pa where the variaty rivals Heinz... A french bread style pizza would probably grab my attention if promanently displayed but when making a quick nosh stop Im usually blind to menus, speaking of which, I hope your planning on an A frame menu board or something similer or "Barbie" may tilt over Your toppings all sound great and as for price I was thinking $5.00 with a soda+tax, as long as its fairly substantial ( a picture attached to the "specials" board would help)
    aharste
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 80
    RE: French Bread Pizza toppings? 2005/07/25 16:52:04 (permalink)
    SPAM might spark some interest, especially if you can find the hot & spicy.

Or meatballs.

I like substantial toppings so that they don't get lost in the bread.
    Caramel Copper
    Hamburger
    RE: French Bread Pizza toppings? 2005/07/27 13:27:27 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by dreamzpainter

Your menu seems very diverse.. Personaly when I stop at a roadside vendor Im thinking "a couple dawgs and a soda" unless Im cruising Philadelphia Pa where the variaty rivals Heinz... A french bread style pizza would probably grab my attention if promanently displayed but when making a quick nosh stop Im usually blind to menus, speaking of which, I hope your planning on an A frame menu board or something similer or "Barbie" may tilt over Your toppings all sound great and as for price I was thinking $5.00 with a soda+tax, as long as its fairly substantial ( a picture attached to the "specials" board would help)

Yeah Dreamz.....I am planning to use saw horses to hold my menus and signs. I would hate for Barbie to tip over!

I know folks expect hotdags (which they will get cos there's no good Dog place around here) but the daily specials are to keep me sane. Leaves me a creative outlet to experiment and such. Good idea about pics, I am constantly taking photos of plated food I have prepared. Not a big problenm to enlarge them on the do-it-yerself machine at CVS if you are familiar with pixels and such. Also frames can be had a Wally-mart for a buck.

I am going for $5.00-$6.00 for a meal including drink. In addition to sodas I want to provide Sweet Iced Tea and Lemonade in styro-foam cups with crushed ice. YUMMY!

and aharste.....me too, that's why I am hollowing out the bread. Room for more toppings. I can do 1/4 lb meat along with other less expensive toppings for $5.00 along with a drink.

Here's some plated food pics, no French Bread pizzas yet.

Two chili/cheez beef dogs on open toasted buns with onions and Copper's sauce:

And it wouldn't hurt to have a token healthy special once a week. YUCK!

This was a Great Meal! BBQ ribs, Slow-cooked Lima beans, cornbread fritters and Vidalias when I can get them!!

I know this plate is not a meal, but these are peppers from my garden (excluding the bells that deer seem to love) and I thought the colors were gorgeous! I'll use it somewhere!

I got a meatball recipe I been dyin to use, thanks for the idea, aharste, and you too Dreamz, as always I appreciate your input!

Copper
    dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: French Bread Pizza toppings? 2005/07/27 17:43:09 (permalink)
    a couple bars of lifeboy soap hanging around the garden may help repel the deer.. them chil dawgs look like ya need a knifeNfork along with a handful of beard wipers mmmmMMMMmmmmm
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: French Bread Pizza toppings? 2005/07/27 18:57:56 (permalink)
    i know this will sound crazy but i know one way to guarentee that the deer--and a lot of other critters --stay out of your garden---i used this in the Sierra Nevadas when fencing for deer was prohibitively expensive--(they can jump HIGH!!)--anyway---if you are anywhere near a zoo--get there regularly and pick up a few burlap bags full of lion ****!!! Believe me--it works!! keep them moist and put them out by the garden--i promise--NO DEER. NO RABBITS NO RACOONS
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13476
    RE: French Bread Pizza toppings? 2005/07/28 06:22:12 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

i know this will sound crazy but i know one way to guarentee that the deer--and a lot of other critters --stay out of your garden---i used this in the Sierra Nevadas when fencing for deer was prohibitively expensive--(they can jump HIGH!!)--anyway---if you are anywhere near a zoo--get there regularly and pick up a few burlap bags full of lion ****!!! Believe me--it works!! keep them moist and put them out by the garden--i promise--NO DEER. NO RABBITS NO RACOONS

Tiki: Several of the folks who own orchards close to the mountains regularly use your formula.. They have had the same results. Nothing comes close to their apples. I have heard that even mosquitos stay away. The Knoxville zoo studied selling the excrement of the lions and tigers. I do not know if they were successful but the orchard dudes had to get their S--- together somewhere.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Caramel Copper
    Hamburger
    RE: French Bread Pizza toppings? 2005/07/28 12:24:31 (permalink)

Lion excrement............hmmmmm. What an idea!
    I once took a 12-pack to a deerstand someone had illegally erected on my property and proceeded to take a whiz about every few feet (beer has that effect on me) because I had heard it keeps the deer away and I am protective of them. ( I'm not against hunting, just against doing it on my teeny plot of land).

I also heard of a scent from the hunting store (can't remember which scent) that keep deer away also, perhaps coyote?

Only one I ever used was fox scent. Pour a few drops in the ....uh, never mind. If you see grass growing up around a perfectly good vehicle.......

Thanks for the info,
    Copper
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1