French fry topping

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
autumneyez04
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 51
RE: French fry topping 2004/03/20 20:23:45 (permalink)
Last year while I was busy with College I would eat fries for a quick snack.

If I'm in a real hurry, I'll nuke some frozen fries in the microwave sprinkled with a little salt. They come out very gooey just the way I like them. I either eat with Ketchup or put some salsa and cheddar cheese on top and return to the microwave. Surprised I dont have cancer by now. heh

A friend of mine once baked some crinkle-cut fries with Tony Chachere's (I live in the South and its the about the ONLY seasoning we use lol, but you could use soul or cajun seasoning). We dipped these in Ranch Dressing... talk about WOW! Really wakes ya up.

For a meal I sometimes put leftover chili on top with diced onions and cheese and nice dollop of sour cream on top of that!

Of course most of all, my favorite way to eat french fries is dipped in a nice thick vanilla icecream shake. Hey! Dont dis it till ya try it!!! Artery cloggin I know...

My brother loves to eat his fries with ketchup and tobasco sauce mixed or ketchup mixed with our homemade hotsauce made with rotel tomatoes! Oddly, its pretty good I must say.

Talk about getting creative down here! Hope this has sparked a few ideas for you road foodies out there.
emsmom
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 955
RE: French fry topping 2004/03/24 09:01:13 (permalink)
I like the seasoned fries at O Charleys. No matter where we eat, my daughter always orders Ranch Dressing on the side to dip her fries in.
twodales
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 205
RE: French fry topping 2004/04/06 17:44:47 (permalink)
At Paradise Pup on River Road in Des Plaines Il: 3-way fries...French fries, Merkts Cheddar cheese spread, sour cream and bacon. Once or twice a year we indulge. They also do good char-grilled burgers and excellent individually made shakes including Banana-chocolate, raspberry, oreo, and pumpkin in the fall.

Yummy!
DaveM
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 353
RE: French fry topping 2004/04/06 19:01:32 (permalink)
Poutine is officially home cut fresh fries with cheese curds and onion (brown) gravy.
Mottzarella is often substituted for the cheese curds.
McDonald's serves poutine in Quebec, but very little in the states.
The "newer' chain restaurants in Quebec now offer variations of poutine, including tomato based sauces, as well as the brown gravy ones.
Montreal is great for this as you can choose between the "pomme frites" Belgian style fries in paper cones with mayo based dipping sauces or poutine-both are offered all over the city.
Wish I could remember where, but I once shared a platter of sweet potato fries covered in bacon bits and 3 cheeses, then broiled to melt the cheese, and served with a ranch dipping sauce.
Quaker Steak and Lube in PA tried this, but used frozen french fries and the result was terrible
BooBooMaGoo
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
RE: French fry topping 2004/04/07 15:15:11 (permalink)
Anyone hear of Bloomsburg, PA? Every Fall they host a "Fair" ...... one of the best things there are Mountain Fries. Fresh cut french fries topped with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, bacon and ranch dressing. To die for!
carlton pierre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: French fry topping 2004/10/18 16:45:10 (permalink)
I like mayo with my fries. Chipotle mayo I have yet to try but will definitely give it a shot.

carl reitz
sayscalled
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 31
RE: French fry topping 2004/11/15 14:48:57 (permalink)
Two words - A1 Sauce. I use that stuff like ketchup.
dbear
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 131
RE: French fry topping 2004/11/15 15:50:14 (permalink)

After hearing about the European 'mayo on ff' thing I decided to try it. Very good; that is pretty much how I like them now. Unfortunately only the really high fat stuff tastes right. Cheese and cheez wiz are usually too much for me. Years ago I spent some time in Lima, Peru, where ff places are as common as pizza places are in the northeast US. The variety of toppings was greater than I've seen anywhere...kind of like papas fritas are like pasta or rice in some other countries; they put anything on them, and there are usually several choices of potato. The best I remember was at a little place in the Miraflores section of the city which served a kind of potato that tasted like a yukon gold and was served with fresh strawberries.
db
pacman
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 160
RE: French fry topping 2004/12/14 10:52:21 (permalink)
Wow,

I live about 15 miles from Bloomsburg and never knew about MOUNTAIN FRIES.....Guess I need to pay better attention!

Dan

quote:
Originally posted by BooBooMaGoo

Anyone hear of Bloomsburg, PA? Every Fall they host a "Fair" ...... one of the best things there are Mountain Fries. Fresh cut french fries topped with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, bacon and ranch dressing. To die for!
pacman
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 160
RE: French fry topping 2004/12/14 10:59:05 (permalink)
Well, my favorite topping depends on what I am eating.

Hot roast beef sandwich (covered in gravy) then the fries of choice are GRAVY FRIES.

Texas Style Hot Dogs (see the thread in hot dogs forum) then it's got to be TEXAS FRIES. Hot fries with a couple slices of cheese and covered with Texas Hot Dog Sauce.

Fast Food burger, then the fries get salt and ketchup.

One that I don't get often enough is....For lack of a better term....Carnival Fries. We still have local Firemans Carnivals around here for fundraisers and nothing beats fresh cut (or even frozen crinckle cut) fries fresh out of the oil in a cardboard 'cone' with vinegar and salt (maybe some ketchup on the side). Brings back lots of memories.

Dan
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18346
RE: French fry topping 2004/12/14 11:18:15 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooMaGoo

Never heard of Mountain Fries. Whenever I stop in Bloomsbueg I go to the Buckhorn.
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
RE: French fry topping 2008/05/06 07:49:23 (permalink)
Gravy
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1