Fresh Crab

Author
Steve2d
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Joined: 2004/01/01 16:27:00
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Status: offline
2004/01/01 16:55:34 (permalink)

Fresh Crab

Getting fresh crab from the store is great, but wouldn't you love to experience the excitement of catching, cooking and eating your own rewards?

Check out the latest craze in crabbing! The CrabHawk is used with a medium rod/reel/line combo and is a hit to all Blue, Red Rock, Mud, Box and Dungeness crabbers (as well as other tasty morsels). Great for all crabbing from the bank, docks and boats! The CrabHawk “Gets you out where the BIG ONES lay!”

www.crabhawk.com

Boiled Blue Crabs

Follow this recipe for a boiled crab dinner for four. For a different flavor, add celery ribs and lemon slices to the boiling water.
2 dozen live, hard shell blue crabs1/3 cup salt
Place crabs in boiling water and cover and return to boiling point.
Simmer 15 minutes.
Drain and serve hot or cold.
#1

7 Replies Related Threads

    seafarer john
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3481
    • Joined: 2003/03/24 18:58:00
    • Location: New Paltz, NY
    • Status: offline
    RE: Fresh Crab 2004/01/02 12:34:09 (permalink)
    Been there, done that, Steve. I'll take my crab served up hot and spicy and boiled in just about any crab shack. Never-the-less, good luck with your enterprise - sounds like fun for the youngsters.
    #2
    berndog
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 674
    • Joined: 2003/04/08 18:07:00
    • Location: Rochester, NY
    • Status: offline
    RE: Fresh Crab 2004/01/02 13:22:06 (permalink)
    I agree with seafarer john, give me a good all-you-can-eat crab shack any day. Let someone else do the dirty work and clean-up while I just enoy the tasty rewards...

    My favorites are the places that let you pick a variety of crabs, from hole crabs boiled in spiece, to regular crab legs.
    #3
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7027
    • Joined: 2003/03/22 23:42:00
    • Location: Gahanna, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: Fresh Crab 2004/01/02 16:25:33 (permalink)
    I don't think this gizmo is gonna work on King Crab out of the Bering Sea.
    #4
    Cakes
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 562
    • Joined: 2003/09/11 16:38:00
    • Location: Sarasota, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Fresh Crab 2004/01/02 16:27:08 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by lleechef

    I don't think this gizmo is gonna work on King Crab out of the Bering Sea.


    Maybe if you just scaled it up a little?
    #5
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7027
    • Joined: 2003/03/22 23:42:00
    • Location: Gahanna, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: Fresh Crab 2004/01/02 16:48:52 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cakes

    quote:
    Originally posted by lleechef

    I don't think this gizmo is gonna work on King Crab out of the Bering Sea.


    Maybe if you just scaled it up a little?

    Yeah, well, I'm STILL not going out there in sub-zero temps and 50 foot seas with a fishing rod!
    #6
    Steve2d
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Joined: 2004/01/01 16:27:00
    • Location: Seattle, WA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Fresh Crab 2005/08/21 13:53:26 (permalink)
    Thank for the feedback. Got some good emails after posting here. Keep up the good work!
    #7
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    • Joined: 2004/07/03 13:19:00
    • Location: San Francisco, CA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Fresh Crab 2005/08/21 15:19:17 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Steve2d

    Getting fresh crab from the store is great, but wouldn't you love to experience the excitement of catching, cooking and eating your own rewards?

    Check out the latest craze in crabbing! The CrabHawk is used with a medium rod/reel/line combo and is a hit to all Blue, Red Rock, Mud, Box and Dungeness crabbers (as well as other tasty morsels). Great for all crabbing from the bank, docks and boats! The CrabHawk “Gets you out where the BIG ONES lay!”

    www.crabhawk.com

    Boiled Blue Crabs

    Follow this recipe for a boiled crab dinner for four. For a different flavor, add celery ribs and lemon slices to the boiling water.
    2 dozen live, hard shell blue crabs1/3 cup salt
    Place crabs in boiling water and cover and return to boiling point.
    Simmer 15 minutes.
    Drain and serve hot or cold.



    No Old Bay?? HERESY!

    http://www.marylanddelivered.com/oldbay.htm
    #8
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1