Fresh Market

Author
agnesrob
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1790
2011/07/10 13:56:29 (permalink)

Fresh Market

Does anyone have a Fresh Market nearby? I was wondering what everyone's take on this chain was. We just had one open in Woodcliff Lake so my Husband and I stopped in today to check it out. My impression is it's a combo of Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and Kings Supermarket. Not big enough to have enough of a selection, too expensive for me to do a big shopping but we did find some interesting items. Food stores are always an adventure for me!
We found dried and salted okra(never saw anything like this before).

I thought they were tasty! We also bought a bag of frozen coated okra you just have to throw in some hot oil. Not a hard item to make from scratch but we couldn't resist the novelty of it. Here are some other things we found.

We also picked up some very good blueberry muffins and a couple of soups from their prepared food section. Nice large olive bar too. What they do carry seems to be good quality but as I said, not the cheapest place. It should do fairly well here in northern Bergen county as there are alot of affluent people. Anyone else been to one?
http://www.thefreshmarket.com/index.html

7 Replies Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13497
    Re:Fresh Market 2011/07/10 14:12:51 (permalink)
    Wickles Pickles:  Bushie introduced me to the about ten years ago.  The ones that I had were hot and delicous.

Paul E. Smith
    knoxville, TN
    agnesrob
    Re:Fresh Market 2011/07/10 14:21:58 (permalink)
    Paul,  That describes them to a T. I remembered reading about them in someone's post(maybe yours). They also had Wickles relish. I will be going back for some.
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Fresh Market 2011/07/10 14:53:55 (permalink)
    We had one open here in Peoria within the last year.  I stopped in for the first time about a week ago when trying to find "frying cheese" that my daughter-in-law was looking for, but they did not carry it.  The folks all seemed like they wanted to be helpful, but they had never heard of "frying cheese" (which is also true of all the other stores I checked in our area).  I didn't have time that day to check out everything else in the store, but I did get the same impression of the store that agnesrob did.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13497
    Re:Fresh Market 2011/07/10 15:11:36 (permalink)
    agnesrob

Paul,  That describes them to a T. I remembered reading about them in someone's post(maybe yours). They also had Wickles relish. I will be going back for some.

After Bushie introduced me to them, I did write about them but that has been years ago.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7903
    Re:Fresh Market 2011/07/10 16:04:29 (permalink)
    I bought a couple jars of Wickles Pickles here in Texas.  They will be opened when I get home.

Can't wait!
    agnesrob
    Re:Fresh Market 2011/07/10 16:28:58 (permalink)
    Well, I fried up some of the coated okra to go along with dinner. What a bad find! How am I going to start that diet knowing I can just go to my freezer and through a few handfulls of these gems into some hot oil for a very tasy snack! Sweets are not my weakness salty ones are. These are sooo good!!
    ces1948
    • Total Posts : 1510
    Re:Fresh Market 2011/07/10 17:43:38 (permalink)
    We had a Fresh Market open in Vero Beach Fl which is also pretty affluent a few months ago. I finally got to check it out when I was in the area last week. The first thing I noticed was how small it was. I thought it was unusually small but since I haven't been to any of their other locations I don't know if that's the norm.
    I found some some very nice items there and actually they had some things on sale that were pretty reasonable.  I will stop in occasionally when in the area but it's too far out of the way for me to visit regularly.
    We have the Wickles Pickles and relish at a local produce market and I'm pretty sure they have them at Walgreens. Haven't tried them yet but intend to.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1