Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
sillydogz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 113
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/08 20:57:17 (permalink)
Boo, I plan on adding them once I get some cash flow going and can buy the equipment. I know other vendors in the area do it and seem to sell quite a bit. I've also read on another thread somewhere that it can boost your carts sales by as much as 100 a day.
Tristan225
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 352
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/08 22:25:57 (permalink)
Jesus dude, how many ways do you want to hear it can be VERY PROFITABLE! If you think you CAN'T - YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT! I just sold 75+ today at a price of $3.50-$5.00 in 3 hours. I talked to a guy at Restaurant Depot this week that was buying 6 cases of lemons and 20, 25 lb. bags of sugar. For a one day event. A previous post talked about how someone takes enough for 600 to an event. If you don't really want it to work than don't try! No it's not a NOVELTY!     quote=brickboo]

So, I suppose the "Lemon Shake Ups" is more of a novelty than a real business for most hot dog vendors. I really only know one Vendor that sells them on a regular basis at his regular location.
Not very encouraging to say the least.

I'm sure I can sell a few at special events including my Auctions. I have one coming up and I'll try it in July. I'm thinking one day will pay for the juicer and the other expenses. 

Man, if any of you folks are doing "OK" with "Lemon Shake Ups" I wish you'd speak up and help the rest of us out. 

brickboo
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 330
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/08 22:52:43 (permalink)
Tristan,
I wanted to know if anyone new started Lemon Shake Ups and was doing any good. I guess I didn't explain myself correctly. I'm sure I can do well at events and Auctions.

I was more concerned about street corner or parking lot vending daily for the sale of the Lemon Shake Ups.
Sorry I upset you friend,
Boo
mikejames533
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 99
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/08 22:59:52 (permalink)
Man, if any of you folks are doing "OK" with "Lemon Shake Ups" I wish you'd speak up and help the rest of us out.   

Brickboo what info do you need? You don't have to start out with the expensive squeezer! You could start out with a bar muddler about $4.00 to smash your lemons. It's how bartenders smash lemons and limes. I always keep one with us in case our squeezer brakes.
Go to Walmart and get a few Ziplock brand 32oz containers with a screw on lid. Use these for the shakeup.  It's easy to use and be sure to put on a little show with the shake! That's what we call a little flash for the cash. lol

Number one seller is lemonade. Two is cherry lemonade. Three is strawberry lemonade. You could also try lemon/limeade.
You may find you sell many more lemonade's then dogs. The lemonade may also help you draw them in for more hotdog sells.
Now get out there and sell lemonade man!

C2CD
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 189
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/08 23:02:21 (permalink)
brickboo

Tristan,
I wanted to know if anyone new started Lemon Shake Ups and was doing any good. I guess I didn't explain myself correctly. I'm sure I can do well at events and Auctions.

I was more concerned about street corner or parking lot vending daily for the sale of the Lemon Shake Ups.
Sorry I upset you friend,
Boo

I think your best bet would be to not worry about lemonade, do the shake ups but only at special events, I.E. festivals, fairs ,auctions, horse shows. then you will have better luck. and Good Luck 
post edited by HotDogMafia - 2013/06/08 23:03:35
brickboo
Cheeseburger
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/09 08:36:45 (permalink)
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Hot dog sales here so far are minimal other than my Auctions, a Horse Show and a Marathon I've done.
Mike,
That would be great if it would turn out that I'd sell more Lemon Shake Ups than dogs. I'd look busier and perhaps at least a few people would stop by to check me out and I would sell more dogs too.

Mike your reply is very helpful. I already got a nice heavy duty manual juicer for $60 including shipping. The Zip Loc 32oz containers are the way to go. I'm going to get my old Hula Hoop out and practice that and doing the Shake Up at the same time. I wonder if I could play my sax and do the Shake Up at the same time.
Thanks Mike!!!!
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3309
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/09 10:40:57 (permalink)
During the early days of Hot Dog University in Milwaukee, we sold fresh squeezed lemonade shake-ups off a table next to the hot dog cart. Using only one juicer, we averaged 40 drinks an hour at $3/drink. An important component to vending is proper marketing. Without this, you're dead in the water. I used a green and yellow umbrella and a 12X24 lemonade tin sign. www.freshsqueezedlemonade.com The money spent on these was made back in less than 2 hours of selling lemonade and it makes your business look like a pro. The same holds true for vending hot dogs. Branding with a company and using their professional marketing materials (hats, aprons, shirts, signs, and umbrellas) does make a difference in sales.

CSD
Invading LA in July
kennyb
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 408
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/09 10:49:19 (permalink)
just sold 500 and heading back out today.
why do I double post every time?
mikejames533
Hamburger
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/09 18:19:47 (permalink)
Your welcome Brickboo. If you have the squeezer already, get them added to your cart...Your offering something(fresh squeezed lemonade) they can't get at very many places!

+1 on what chicagostyledog said. Branding and P.O.P (MARKETING MATERIALS) are very important to the success of your business. A lemonade sign, banner, decals, or a display can sure help sales. A hanging basket filled with lemons. One of our trailer windows has a neat pile of lemons displayed.
brickboo
Cheeseburger
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/09 18:56:31 (permalink)
I've been making the drink and experimenting. My son and I liked them best when we used the recipe for a 32oz Shake Up, but only made a 24oz drink. Man it tasted like what my Mom made when I was a kid. We didn't know a thing about nutrition and health. We just ate and drank what we wanted. We like it lemony and sweet.

Mike are you using regular lemons or grapefruit size lemons? Lol!
post edited by brickboo - 2013/06/09 18:57:32
jcheese
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 759
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/09 19:16:46 (permalink)
Boo, the Lemonade may bring in the folks that may not stop for dogs at yer Walgreens spot. Then you sell them a dog.
Don't forget the price of cups and "clean" ice.
brickboo
Cheeseburger
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/09 20:29:29 (permalink)
Jack,
You think the ice bagged from McDonalds will work? I still get the jitters when I think of the HD here. They could be doing Shake Ups all over the whole Earth and they still may not permit it here.
C2CD
Cheeseburger
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/09 21:19:13 (permalink)
Anyone got a copycat recipe for chick fil a's Lemonade? They have the best lemonade, if I could get a recipe like that I would start selling some shake-ups 
brickboo
Cheeseburger
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/09 22:30:56 (permalink)
Either this topic or a link somewhere in this topic has info about the chic-fil-a lemonade. 
mikejames533
Hamburger
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/09 23:11:19 (permalink)
Most of the time we sell 24oz lemonades. Some events we bump up the size to 32oz to match other vendors. We just use the regular sized lemons. We use 1/2 a lemon per glass...and sell our fresh squeezed lemonade shake-ups for $3 to $5 depending on event.
C2CD
Cheeseburger
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/06/09 23:40:17 (permalink)
brickboo

Either this topic or a link somewhere in this topic has info about the chic-fil-a lemonade. 

Sunkist brand lemons and powdered (granulated) sugar is about all I can find. The brand lemon can't make that much of a difference can it? I could see if it was a different variety of lemon or some kind of cross bred strain of lemon, but the brand? Really?
So where does one get sunkist lemons in bulk for cheap?
Sun Spot
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/08/18 16:41:19 (permalink)
I regularly sell fresh squeezed lemonade during the warmer months.  Last year I put ice, half a fresh squeezed lemon, sugar water and did the public shake dance.  Two problems.  The first was when we were busy customers would walk to other vendors rather than wait for the lemonade.  The second is the lemons are not consistent from box to box, even if I stick to the same size.  So one day it is too sweet, another day it is too sour.

So now we make our lemonade by the batch.  But, we continue to cut and squeeze the lemons we use right in front of the customer.  And in addition to the lemons being visible, often our box lemon rinds is visible too, in a clean way.  We taste test to make sure it isn't too sweet or too sour.  We do add lemon rind to the cup, but not the full half, it makes it too difficult to get the straw in.

And in Washington State you are to wash your lemons in running water (in your commissary) before cutting.  That is new this year, we used to be able to rinse them in a bucket in the booth.  I've had health inspectors make sure I'm not putting washed lemons back in the box they came in without a liner.  I put a garbage can liner in the box, and put the washed lemons back in the liner, so no more problem. 
Coaches Kettle Corn
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/08/20 23:58:48 (permalink)
Guys, I do tons of Lemonades (Coaches Kettle Corn and Gourmet Concessions on facebook )  I have a recipe I use and it beats any mix out there. 
1 Whole lemon
1/4 cup of sugar
Wal Mart screw type container..
Ice
Water
 Grab your container.. put in the sugar..Juice the whole lemon (we cut it in half)..add ice..water.. Shake it..
We sell 24 oz cups for $4 here in KC..

nshaw65
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 25
Re:Fresh Squeezed Lemonade 2013/08/21 06:10:14 (permalink)
That's the exact same recipe that I use. I get a lot of compliments on how good the lemonade is. Only difference is I use a bar shaker to shake up the lemon and sugar water mix and then pour it in the cup full of ice. People love it. I sell a 32 oz cup for $4.00 and refills for $3.00. The only drawback with lemonade is that it's labor intensive. If your at a busy location with a line of people, you need a helper to keep the line moving.
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1