FreshDirect selling Black Angus LaFrieda hamburger meat

Author
johnlockedema
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 157
2011/03/17 16:01:39 (permalink)

FreshDirect selling Black Angus LaFrieda hamburger meat

In addition to selling three different LaFrieda burgers in patty form, they are now selling LaFrieda black angus hamburger meat by the pound-$3/lb, vs $6 or 7 depending on the burger blend.  I ordered 2 lbs for the weekend and will report back how it compares to the 'custom' LaFrieda blends they offer.

3 Replies Related Threads

johnlockedema
    Cheeseburger
    Re:FreshDirect selling Black Angus LaFrieda hamburger meat 2011/03/21 10:12:08 (permalink)
    OK, I made 1/2 lb burgers, cooked to medium rare-nice large grind on the meat.  Salt and pepper, done in a dry cast iron pan.  Served with sauteed onions, jack cheese melted on top when I flipped to the second side, covered the pan.

Results?  I preferred the larger grind texture to the preformed patties from LaFrieda, but the taste was a bit less beefy from the more expensive custom blend pattys.  Both were equally juicy. For me the price/benefit ratio goes to the black angus meat sold by the pound.
    fishtaco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 778
    Re:FreshDirect selling Black Angus LaFrieda hamburger meat 2011/04/05 14:53:52 (permalink)
    Support you local butchers and meat markets instead.
    johnlockedema
    Cheeseburger
    Re:FreshDirect selling Black Angus LaFrieda hamburger meat 2011/04/06 14:49:00 (permalink)
    You must've missed my post talking about my local abbatoir, Green Village Packing Company, which I visit often.  I also visit John's Meat Market, rated number 1 in NJ, as well as the Union Pork Store, which also grinds their own burger meat and has great hot dogs and wursts.  But GVP, John's, and Union Pork Store don't sell anything similar to the LaFrieda blends for burgers.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1