Fresno-Clovis BBQ

Author
Big Country
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2007/10/13 13:16:47 (permalink)

Fresno-Clovis BBQ

My company just had a catered function form a company called Deep South BBQ. It was some of the best food I have ever eaten. i talked to the owner and his wife for a long time and it turns out they are originally form Georgia and boy can the cook some good food. I just wanted to share this with you guys and pass on the info. They said they are hoping to open a sit down place here in 8-12 months but are staying busy catering and vending at festivals aand events. Oh and their rig was beautiful a real ey catcher, not on of these guys pulling a hommade smoker buitl out of a 55 gallon drum and a old wood stove. It was a fully enclosed huge mobile kitchen. He said he had this buitl to be full self containe dso he would not need to hook up at all for function. And his BBq was huge, must have been 25 feet long. Anyway check them out, They certainly impressed me.

4 Replies Related Threads

HollyDolly
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1069
    RE: Fresno-Clovis BBQ 2007/10/16 13:35:19 (permalink)
    Glad you enjoyed the bbq and I hope their plans for a sit down place come through.When I used to get the Food Network,they had about a company near Houston,Tx that builds bbqs.They will build you anything you want.If you want your smoker to look like a train,they'll do it.
    Big Country
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Fresno-Clovis BBQ 2007/10/25 12:27:35 (permalink)
    I just got off the phone with Deep South and went over privcing for a thanksgiving bash. man I cannot believe how affordable it is. I was quoted almost $3 per person less then another quote. Any feedback on this would be appreciated. We are looking for Deep fried turkey, green beans, mashed potaoes, rolls, stuffing salad and pumpkin pie.

The first company (A very large chain) Quoted us $18.99 per person

Deep South quoted us $16.00 per person

I had some great Que from Deep South but this is different.The owner invited me to come try some free samples of this menu so I cna see. I will let you guys know.
    MikeS.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5406
    RE: Fresno-Clovis BBQ 2007/11/08 19:57:17 (permalink)
    So I take it you live in Fresno county? I spent my 1st 41 years there, mostly in Fresno but 13 years in Clovis. I still own property in Clovis and have family with farms in the county.

Welcome to Roadfood!

MikeS.
    Jennifer_4
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1508
    RE: Fresno-Clovis BBQ 2007/11/12 14:27:35 (permalink)
    Hello neighbor! I'm in Fresno myself..Just caught this thread! Haven't heard of Deep South though...I look forward to them opening a sit down place..there is a dearth of good BBQ places in the area as you probably know.. Haven't had Mama Lo's BBQ items yet.. but they do make killer peach cobbler and mac n cheese.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1