In Eastern Kentucky you'd get jumped if you called baloney balogna!
Fried Baloney Sandwich Recipe:
* 2 Slices Baloney, Thick cut, each slice lightly scored at the noon, 3pm, 6pm and 9 pm positions [ prevents cupping of the meat ]
* 2 Slices Bread, White
* Onion, Sweet, Thinly sliced
* Mayonnaise, enough for spreading
* Heat cast iron pan til good and hot
* Place baloney in un-oiled pan
* Cook til nicely browned
* Spread a skift of mayonnaise on each slice of white bread
* Add thinly sliced sweet onion, some folks like it on the top, some like it on the bottom. Me I'm a top but if you're a bottom that's alright too.
* Add fried baloney
* Compact everything into the classic sandwich format
backstory on growing up eating baloney in Appalachia http://www.scrumptiousche...Fried-Baloney-Sandwich