Fried Fish Correlated With Regional Increases of Strokes

Author
DawnT
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1286
2010/12/24 01:57:57 (permalink)

Fried Fish Correlated With Regional Increases of Strokes

Story today has been the correlation of eating fried fish 2x/wk with the elevated risk of stroke concentrated in a southern geographic area that doesn't incude Fl. That I find odd as there is probably more fried fish eated in Fl then any other state. IIRC, James Beard and the former publisher of the Miami Hearld; Alvah Chapman both made the historical case that the concept of fried fish originated in Key West & Cuban hotels and quickly spread throught the state. The Key West method was based on a pancake/beer batter that caught on. I'm just wondering why Fl doesn't have the same CVA risks. 

3 Replies Related Threads

Curbside Grill
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3916
    Re:Fried Fish Correlated With Regional Increases of Strokes 2010/12/30 16:32:16 (permalink)
    Here in the area you refer to upper half of AL.,MS. and Lower part of Tn. can draw a big circle around the area. It is not just eating Fried Fish twice a week. It is there lifestyle. Moved here 8 years ago and I can say that I see the way they eat and sit and eat adds to the problem. Fried everything. If it is a veggie they fry it or add so much pork products to the mix that the Dietary Monitors fly of the scale. Fried fish, fried chicken , Biscuits(lard),Fried corn, fried vetetables of every type and fried anything. Meat and Three is big here for lunch or you can get 4 veggie plate for the same. There is more meat in the vegetables plate than on a meat and three. Sounds funny, but true. Then you take the elixer of the South, Sweet Tea. I am not talking holidays, this is everyday. Sodium galore,Fats thru the roof and three sodas and many sweet tea's a day.
    Dare I say more.
    post edited by Curbside Grill - 2010/12/30 16:33:54
    i95
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    Re:Fried Fish Correlated With Regional Increases of Strokes 2010/12/30 20:11:27 (permalink)
    DawnT

Story today has been the correlation of eating fried fish 2x/wk with the elevated risk of stroke... 

Scientific journals have also made a correlation between eating fried fish twice a week and an increase in fish deaths.

6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Fried Fish Correlated With Regional Increases of Strokes 2010/12/30 21:06:03 (permalink)
    i95

DawnT

Story today has been the correlation of eating fried fish 2x/wk with the elevated risk of stroke... 

Scientific journals have also made a correlation between eating fried fish twice a week and an increase in fish deaths.

I think the journals' correlation is just based on hearsay instead of hard evidence.  You know how those parrotfish will just talk...and talk...and talk!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1