The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Fried shrimp at Mother's in New Orleans

danimal15

• Total Posts: 1092
Fried shrimp at Mother's in New Orleans Thu, 06/10/04 12:31 PM (permalink)
I just had the best plate of fried shrimp ever, at Mother's in New Orleans. They were indescribably wonderful. And abundant, too. There was so much I could barely finish the half order (of course that might have had something to do with the fact that I was eating a half a debris sandwich at the same sitting). A $16 lunch that was worth every penny.

Hillbilly

• Total Posts: 992
    RE: Fried shrimp at Mother's in New Orleans Thu, 06/10/04 5:16 PM (permalink)
    Now try "Ueglisch's" for lunch tomorrow and you will REALLY have some shrimp to rave about! Not necessarily fried, but they do have the best shrimp dishes I have ever eaten (except possibly for the scampi at "La Riveria" in Metarie, and North Carolina's "Calabash Shrimp").

STARTRADER

RE: Fried shrimp at Mother's in New Orleans Thu, 06/10/04 6:51 PM (permalink)
      Before you go to Ueglisch's, go back to Mother's for breakfast and have a muffin.

Ort. Carlton.

• Total Posts: 3589
        RE: Fried shrimp at Mother's in New Orleans Thu, 06/10/04 9:49 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by danimal15

I just had the best plate of fried shrimp ever, at Mother's in New Orleans. They were indescribably wonderful. And abundant, too. There was so much I could barely finish the half order (of course that might have had something to do with the fact that I was eating a half a debris sandwich at the same sitting). A $16 lunch that was worth every penny.

Danimal115,
        You making me hungry!!!!!!!!!!
        Gullet-Growlingly, Ort. Carlton in 30601-land.

danimal15

• Total Posts: 1092
          RE: Fried shrimp at Mother's in New Orleans Fri, 06/11/04 1:06 PM (permalink)
          Alas, I'm back in Chicago.

I would have tried Ugelisch's, but I didn't have a car and it wasn't walking distance from my hotel. I definitely will try it next time.

Hillbilly

• Total Posts: 992
            RE: Fried shrimp at Mother's in New Orleans Fri, 06/11/04 1:48 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by danimal15

Alas, I'm back in Chicago.

I would have tried Ugelisch's, but I didn't have a car and it wasn't walking distance from my hotel. I definitely will try it next time.

According to a posting on another thread, you might not get another chance. I read that Anthony is getting ready to close for the summer, and might not re-open. THAT WOULD BE A REAL SHAME!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com