From New York City to Philadelphia - where to eat

Author
paranoid123
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 9
2012/10/23 16:11:07 (permalink)

From New York City to Philadelphia - where to eat

I make the road trip from New York City to Philadelphia about once a quarter taking the New Jersey Turnpike, and I'd love to hear more places that are slightly off the beaten path.  I think you can take a parallel route along the US 1 and the 95 if that is more interesting.  I'm interested in coffee shops (fancy or otherwise), doughnut shops, or regional specialties.  I already know about Harold's New York Deli in Edison, NJ. 

Note I'm not looking for anything inside of New York City or Philadelphia, but only what's in between.

Thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

paranoid123
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re:From New York City to Philadelphia - where to eat 2012/10/23 16:13:54 (permalink)
    note to mods : this post was meant to go in the "Where should I eat" forum.  I don't know how it ended up here.  Please move if you can.
    phlmaestro
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 378
    Re:From New York City to Philadelphia - where to eat 2012/10/23 16:28:30 (permalink)
    I finally made it to DeLorenzo's Tomato Pies in Robbinsville, NJ over the weekend and thought it lived up to the hype that I've read on here for years.
    I'm pretty sure it's an easy ride from the NJ Turnpike. On the way home, I also noticed Mastori's, another place that gets a lot of praise on here and that should be easy to get to from the Turnpike.

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Overview/6725/de-lorenzos-tomato-pies

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Overview/1651/mastoris
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1