Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Frozen Pizza.

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 65 of 65
Filetofish

• Total Posts: 59
RE: Frozen Pizza. Wed, 12/11/13 7:14 PM (permalink)
I'm with Ya there.

collinf

• Total Posts: 159
    RE: Frozen Pizza. Fri, 12/13/13 1:45 PM (permalink)
    ScreamingChicken

collinf
    ScreamingChicken

We were doing some out-of-town shopping over the weekend and came across Lebby's in a store in Lodi, WI.  We bought a sausage pizza and cooked it for lunch, and it was actually pretty good.
    Have you ever tried Pep's frozen pizza?  It is made by the guys who created the original Tombstone pizza in Medford, WI before they sold out to Kraft foods and it turned into crap.
    I believe we've had it a couple of times; it seems to be one of those brands that turns up sporadically in the stores around here.  Maybe I'll pick one up the next time I see them.  One thing I've noticed about the smaller companies is that their pizzas don't seem to go on sale nearly as often as the major brands.

How does someone in Shawnee, KS know about pizza from Medford, WI?

My family lived in New Berlin, WI for 4 years.  I can remember when Tombstone first hit the stores.  Back then, it overtook every other product out there in the grocery stores.

-collinf

Pancho

• Total Posts: 915
      RE: Frozen Pizza. Fri, 12/13/13 5:42 PM (permalink)
      collinf

ScreamingChicken

collinf
      ScreamingChicken

We were doing some out-of-town shopping over the weekend and came across Lebby's in a store in Lodi, WI.  We bought a sausage pizza and cooked it for lunch, and it was actually pretty good.
      Have you ever tried Pep's frozen pizza?  It is made by the guys who created the original Tombstone pizza in Medford, WI before they sold out to Kraft foods and it turned into crap.
      I believe we've had it a couple of times; it seems to be one of those brands that turns up sporadically in the stores around here.  Maybe I'll pick one up the next time I see them.  One thing I've noticed about the smaller companies is that their pizzas don't seem to go on sale nearly as often as the major brands.

How does someone in Shawnee, KS know about pizza from Medford, WI?

My family lived in New Berlin, WI for 4 years.  I can remember when Tombstone first hit the stores.  Back then, it overtook every other product out there in the grocery stores.

-collinf
      Tombstone was developed by two bar owners in Medford, WI. They were trying to think of a name and there just happened to be a cemetery across the street. My favorite frozen pizza (and I eat very little) is Bellatoria. Great thin crust and IMHO the best of the bunch.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6080
        RE: Frozen Pizza. Fri, 12/13/13 11:48 PM (permalink)
        I've never met the frozen pie that I can be friends with or look in the eye and call it pizza. Sorry,my Italian heritage won' allow it! Seriously, I guess a real pizzeria tasting pizza just won't freeze. Here in Jersey pizza country, I never
        have to stoop to the frozen variety!!

dinein44

• Total Posts: 23
          RE: Frozen Pizza. Sat, 12/14/13 4:30 AM (permalink)
          We discovered that most Texans idea of a good pizza was Chucky Cheese. Since many of the folks over on the chili  were recently extolling the virtures of putting everything from poultry to BEANS in our national dish.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
            Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 65 of 65

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com